Eastwood 2br/2ba $179,900

$25 maintenance fee? Who's collecting it? I don't pay one of those.

Voluntary civic club dues show up on public side of HAR as a maintenance fee.

Eastwood Civic club due are $25 a year, voluntary. A membership form is in the regular newsletter or can be found on line at http://www.eastwood-houston.com

Payments & membership applications can be mailed to:

Eastwood Civic Club

P.O. Box 9542

Houston, Tx 77261

at least that is the address I found in the Eastwood newsletter that is posted on line.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the outside could use a new coat of paint ... or three. But it's darling! I love the hardwoods but ... Is there a reason the W/D isn't closed in? It looks like there's room for some doors on that end of the kitchen. And is that the only place for the W/D? I don't mind it too much after the set up in my place but I like options. :D

Wow...that bathroom with the french doors and the glass block looks like a plumbing fixture showroom...in a bad way. It looks like somebody just took a regular 'ol porch, closed it in, and threw some plumbing fixtures in there and called it bathroom. No tile on the floor, no tile on the walls, just a bunch of plumbing fixtures in a room. Eeeek!

Looks like the outside could use a new coat of paint ... or three. But it's darling! I love the hardwoods but ... Is there a reason the W/D isn't closed in? It looks like there's room for some doors on that end of the kitchen. And is that the only place for the W/D? I don't mind it too much after the set up in my place but I like options. :D

They're getting the exterior repainted which will help a lot.

Wow...that bathroom with the french doors and the glass block looks like a plumbing fixture showroom...in a bad way. It looks like somebody just took a regular 'ol porch, closed it in, and threw some plumbing fixtures in there and called it bathroom. No tile on the floor, no tile on the walls, just a bunch of plumbing fixtures in a room. Eeeek!

We can always count on jm1fd to be our little ray of sunshine....

They're getting the exterior repainted which will help a lot.

I suggest you purchase a powerwasher with an atomizer. Make the sidewalks, the path to the front door, the porch, and the brick trim pop! Might also be of use getting rid of all that green algea on the back fence. Sometimes the little cosmetic details, esp. on exterior, make a big difference.

Right next to the RR tracks, but it's also a couple of blocks away from one the the proposed Metro Harrisburg stops.

It doesn't back up to them. They are definitely close but it is a single line. Not sure how active they are, maybe crunchtastic could tell us more on that.

They're often, and they're loud. I'd say one or two pass by in the evening. I'm two streets away. But I've lived close to yards before so this single line isn't as bad. Trains have never really bothered me as I've not been close enough to experience the window-rattle.

I've been at our neighbors a couple of times on the other side of Rusk that does back up to the line, but don't recall a conversation-stopping train.

I noticed on HAR yesterday that the 3/2 on Walker is under contract. Having been over to snoop around, I was sort of surprised at their asking price of 229. Wonder if they're getting it? Granted there are 2 baths, but the house sits practically on the street.

They're often, and they're loud. I'd say one or two pass by in the evening. I'm two streets away. But I've lived close to yards before so this single line isn't as bad. Trains have never really bothered me as I've not been close enough to experience the window-rattle.

I've been at our neighbors a couple of times on the other side of Rusk that does back up to the line, but don't recall a conversation-stopping train.

I noticed on HAR yesterday that the 3/2 on Walker is under contract. Having been over to snoop around, I was sort of surprised at their asking price of 229. Wonder if they're getting it? Granted there are 2 baths, but the house sits practically on the street.

That's the one that is not in Eastwood proper, but just west of it I think. I showed it. It is very, very cute inside. Right colors, right touches, but there was a slope/sink in one part of the house that was just not something the buyer was willing to deal with.

As the crow flies, my place is probably 600ft from the railroad track that crosses Cullen and Leeland. I have to say we adapted very quickly to the trains and now barely even notice them. The only thing that might disturb me is if TWO trains happen to be passing in opposite directions and have 'dueling horns.' Then of course there are the crazy conductors who like to play little songs with their horns.

Wonder who difficult it would be to have these intersections declared a quiet zone, LOL?

• 1 month later...

Archived