Urban Loft Townhouses

Scott08

I came across a post on the Real Estate forum from a woman who said she lived in an Urban Lofts townhouse and that she "knew" the opinion around here wasn't great about them. I tried using the search function here but couldn't really find much. Just curious because I looked at some of those about a year ago and thought they were pretty good for the price. I've got an acquaintance who lives in one of the earliest examples in the West End area and he seems to be pretty happy. Are we talking poor design? Crappy construction? Cookie cutter with modern undertones?

I posted that... I said they seemed unpopular because I saw a post on here from someone who said they hated these houses. However, I can say that I love mine. In my opintion, design is great, construction is great. I love my house.

;)

I came across a post on the Real Estate forum from a woman who said she lived in an Urban Lofts townhouse and that she "knew" the opinion around here wasn't great about them. I tried using the search function here but couldn't really find much. Just curious because I looked at some of those about a year ago and thought they were pretty good for the price. I've got an acquaintance who lives in one of the earliest examples in the West End area and he seems to be pretty happy. Are we talking poor design? Crappy construction? Cookie cutter with modern undertones?

I posted that... I said they seemed unpopular because I saw a post on here from someone who said they hated these houses. However, I can say that I love mine. In my opintion, design is great, construction is great. I love my house.

;)

Thanks for replying, I didn't want to hijack the other thread. Aesthetics are definitely a personal thing, I was more concerned that there might be construction issues. I've been daydreaming about moving options for about a year now, and I've come across some real horror stories about some builders. Glad to hear you're happy with yours.

I have 2 friends that own units. Both LOVE them. Both haven't had any issues with them construction/quality wise.

I tend to like them in certain places (West End, Midtown) but not in others (Riverside Terrace). I certainly like them better than the other mass produced options like Perry Homes. At least Urban Homes is somewhat novel.

I've also heard from different sources that the metal used in the cladding is an EXCELLENT material for our climate.

Archived