Westin Hotel In Dallas' Galleria District

Metro Matt

So I've recently seen where this building is getting new black glass windows placed in front of what appears to be the railed balconies. Anybody know whats going on? Have they sold to another hotel chain, or are they just updating the over all look? Is it for safety reasons, has something happened to make them to block off the balconies like this?

Can't add anything to the Westin, but I have stayed in a number of hotels that had balconies where the doors were permanently locked. When I would ask why, safety and liability where the two big issues. Either way, I always thought that the Westin needed an update. A hotel that integrated into the swanky Galleria should have a bit more cachet than it currently does.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
A guy told me that he spent his honeymoon in a hotel in Houston where the third floor went into the Galleria. Is this that hotel? Or am I on the wrong category?

This Westin is in northern Dallas... but it does connect to the mall on 3 out of 4 levels.

btw, the renovation was completed acouple months ago. nothing too major but it deffinatly brings the Westin Galleria Hotel into the 21st century.

• The title was changed to Westin Hotel In Dallas' Galleria District

Archived