Lunch In The Heights

Boris

Yay 19th Street! Hadn't really thought about it before, but there really is a lot to photograph in that one little stretch of shops and restaurants. The old Heights movie theater, the Carter & Cooley Deli (great sandwiches, and historic Heights photos hanging inside), Harold's in the Heights, Shade, Cricket's Creamery, the junkyard-ish lot... and then all the antique stores, boutiques, and art galleries. And Venus Hair.

Nice photos.

That's a section of Houston I hope they never change. Little town America. I miss working just a few blocks from where you took these nice pics. The long time residents and small mom/pop business are a rarity in this big city. Area just seems to march to the beat of a different drum. :P

I love the "downtown" heights (as we call it), though I wish something could be done to make it less complicated to have a glass of wine with dinner without having to make it so easy so as introduce a club and bar scene at the same time.

And for what it's worth, if the movie "Back to the Future" were made today, going back 30 years in the past would take us to 1977. :o

Aaaacccck! Wear it Again Sam is showcasing vintage 80s. Too soon!! I'm having my-first-strapless-sequined-cocktail-dress flashbacks! .....oh, the horror. the horror!

:) Great photos! That shopping center is indeed a classic.

If parachute pants make a comeback...Oh, I just can't even bear the thought.

Archived