Secret Society Recruiting

rapturematt

For years I have been facinated with secret societies like skull & bones and what used to be the masons, but you don't hear about special secret (brotherhood looking after brotherhood) societies anymore. Why is that?

What does it take to start one?

I would love to have a business networking secret society that works together. How about you? Give me your thoughts.

It's not a secret anymore -- you've just told us.

Skull & Bones and the Masons aren't secrets, either. They're just selective about their membership. The fact that you haven't been invited isn't evidence that they're hiding anything or doing anything nefarious.

And "business networking secret society" it completely contradictory. It sounds like you just want someone to share a special handshake with.

It's not a secret anymore -- you've just told us.

Skull & Bones and the Masons aren't secrets, either. They're just selective about their membership. The fact that you haven't been invited isn't evidence that they're hiding anything or doing anything nefarious.

And "business networking secret society" it completely contradictory. It sounds like you just want someone to share a special handshake with.

Can someone please describe what exactly a secret society means?

Is this like those hate or fanatic groups or like the ones that claim the world will end on November 6, 2007? or is it like those Wicca witches or whatever? What gets me is if they are mean and angry then why be secret about it? Doy.

I think mostly in my eyes it is a fellowship of common minds who have commitment toward each other meet with and help each other out in certain trades and stuff, but secretive on the membership process and/or meetings and events. Here is what wikipedia says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_society

Nothing personal, but I couldn't imagine what a waste of time and effort would go to this sort of non-sense.

I would much prefer joining organizations that help raise $ for college scholarships, cancer research help elderly, etc.

I imagine it depends on the age of the interested individual too. There are many things one does when at that early stage of life then later regret when behind bars or 6 feet under. (too late then) The Manson family (girls), the SLA (Symbianese Liberated Army/Patty Hearst, and Heaven's Gate orgs come to mind.

What seems like cool and exciting at the beginning is merely a guise for trouble and heartache for not just the individual but for their families too. Everyone does silly stuff when young but you grow out of it. Peace! :P

I keep wondering how I can sign up for membership in the Bilderbergers, the Illuminati or any of these other organizations of the super rich that supposedly run the world.

It would do wonders for my business, that's for sure.

I know about Freemasonry, but how is it related to what goes on today at your local neighborhood Mason lodge?

Freemasonry is what Freemasons do in their lodges. I don't know how else to answer that question.

What makes someone decide to become a member?

I think they are first invited to join, then decide it's something they would enjoy, I suppose. I mean, who doesn't want to control the world?

I keep wondering how I can sign up for membership in the Bilderbergers, the Illuminati or any of these other organizations of the super rich that supposedly run the world.

It would do wonders for my business, that's for sure.

That reminds me of the old Steve Martin routine:

"How to be a millionaire and never pay taxes. You say, 'Steve, how can I be a millionaire and never pay taxes?' First, get a million dollars..."

There's a ton of information on YouTube. It's fascinating stuff. I looked at some stuff today, and it answered my question earlier, for the most part. It seems very enigmatic and possibly deceptive. There are two ways that Masonry has been presented. One way shows it to be evil, and the other shows it to be good. Others show that it is good at the lowest levels, but evil at the highest levels. I really don't know what to think, but I know that the Bible says to beware of false prophets.

There are two ways that Masonry has been presented. One way shows it to be evil, and the other shows it to be good. Others show that it is good at the lowest levels, but evil at the highest levels.

There are far more than two views of Freemasonry. The truth is probably not nearly as simple or sensational. It's probably a group that has done some good and maybe some evil throughout its history.

There are far more than two views of Freemasonry. The truth is probably not nearly as simple or sensational. It's probably a group that has done some good and maybe some evil throughout its history.

Serious question. There have always been Masonic Temples sprinkled all over, is this the same peoples?

If it is, they cant be that bad. I guess. :mellow:

Same peoples.

Well, now we can all rest. That group has been around for ages. Whomever designed their temples always have done great jobs as far as the architecture goes. Honestly, they cant be so bad I mean if they are so open about where they go to worship, etc. I'll bet they are some the nicest people you could ever meet.

At 1st I thought you meant one of these fly by night new extremist type of orgs. Power to the People! :)

, they cant be so bad I mean if they are so open about where they go to worship, etc.

Do they really "worship" there? Aren't they more of a fraternal orginization rather than religious. My Grandmother was an Eastern Star (Lady Masons I guess). She never seemed to describe the ES's as religious, although, they would handle members funerals and such.

Do they really "worship" there? Aren't they more of a fraternal orginization rather than religious.

Yes, the Masons are a fraternal organization. Like other such groups--fraternities and sororities-- they have secret handshakes, greetings and other rituals. As with other fraternal groups, they do charitable work and also believe in helping each other out--networking before the term was widely used--whenever they can.

Archived