According to the Houston Architectural Guide, Lamar High School was designed by John F. Staub and Kenneth Franzheim (with Louis A. Glover, Lamar Q. Cato, and Harry D. Payne). The Texas Map is by Nino Lenarduzzi.

Thank You So Much! Do they have a website?

Lamar HS was also in the movie "Sidekicks" and was the site for the greatly underrated and now nearly forgotten horror spoof "Student Bodies" (1981) I believe at one point in Student Bodies they showed a sign with the "R" clumsily altered to a "B"; the name of the school in the film was therefore "Lamab HS."

Lamar HS was also in the movie "Sidekicks" and was the site for the greatly underrated and now nearly forgotten horror spoof "Student Bodies" (1981) I believe at one point in Student Bodies they showed a sign with the "R" clumsily altered to a "B"; the name of the school in the film was therefore "Lamab HS."

Really? I never heard of that.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=...&id=5756614

Larry Paul Newton, a mentally ill homeless man, attacked a girl named Catherine Sullivan at Lamar High School's front lawn.

Sullivan survived the attack, and Newton was arrested. Sullivan had stitches after the attack.

Will this lead to controls on homeless?

Edited by VicMan

On campus security should have been there faster.

How? It happened on the front lawn near the street, in River Oaks of all places.

Now HISD is bragging how the passed bond will allow them to fence off the school, along with others. Can you imagine that they will have to fence a school off in River Oaks?

Maybe they can fence it off and have HISD police with K-9 dogs patrol the perimeter. My, how this is starting to remind me of all the added security at airports post 9|11.

Edited by Jeebus

Now HISD is bragging how the passed bond will allow them to fence off the school, along with others. Can you imagine that they will have to fence a school off in River Oaks?

River Oaks ES was fenced some time ago... I remember when it wasn't fenced.

EDIT: Isaiah Carey made a blog about the Newton attack: http://carey2.blogspot.com/2007/11/should-...to-address.html

Edited by VicMan

What a delightfully American solution to the problem of mental illness.

Give them enough time & money and it will happen. They were quick to brag about how the successful bond election will bring fencing to courtyards that never had it (or needed in my opinion).

We keep building more walls & fences.

• 2 weeks later...
It was later revealed that Newton is NOT homeless. The cops found his address: http://www.examinernews.com/articles/2007/...news/news01.txt

I also found some addresses belonging to Larry Paul Newton on Zabasearch (the birth date, 1959, matched 2007 as 38+1959=2007).

38+1959 = 1997. Someone born in 1959 is _48_ in 2007.

• 2 years later...