Pearland Needs A Lubys

neonurse97

the nearest one off the top of my head is at McGregor and 288 or Hwy 6 in Sugar Land...if you want to drive, the one in Lake Jackson is available..

the clientale certainly calls for one as that area resembles the Cy-Fair area in terms of demographics

There's a Wyatts on Griggs and a Piccadilly at Almeda Mall. What more do you need?!?

Especially now that Luby's has gone "upscale"! ($$$)

Wyatt's on Griggs? You've got to be kidding me. I don't go into that part of Houston. I hate Piccadilly's food, so yes we need a Luby's in Pearland.

Wyatt's on Griggs? You've got to be kidding me. I don't go into that part of Houston.

Why not? It's not far from Pearland...about a 10 minute drive up 288 to OST.

That's one nice thing about Pearland...it's still an easy drive to the Inner Loop...and vice-versa in our case. We drive down to Pearland every now and then to take advantage of the Super-Duper Wal-Mart and the movie theater.

There are Luby'ses on OST in the Med Center and on MacGregor at 288. Both are pretty convenient to Pearland until Pearland gets its own.

Or there's always Wyatts. :)

there is a wonderful new "home cooked" food restaurant in Pearland. Big Mama's Homecookin' (www.bigmamashomecookin.com)

Not as big and spacious(i consider this a good thing), but serves up exceptionally well seasoned home cooked fave's. The catfish is INCREDIBLE. i personally think a Luby's is way off the charts in way of what Pearland "needs", but i certainly understand the necessity for a Family Style restaurant featuring something other than Mexican, Italian, etc.. As per mentioned in a previous post, there is a Golden Corral on the way, i'm sure that will be popular with the Buffet Minded diners.

I've tried the bigmamashomecooking place and it was ok. The prices are a little high. I've spoken with many of my neighbors in Pearland and they all want a Luby's here. Hey, I hate cooking everyday, so Luby's would help me out tremendously.

BMHC charges $10.00 for a meat/3sides/drink. You can't beat that with a stick! Luby's(decent)entrees are at a minimum $7.00 i believe, after you add your sides and drink you can easily leave there spending 12$+ (this has been my experience)

I've lived here almost 7yrs and have never had a conversation where "Luby's and Needed" were in the same sentence...LOL, but alas, who am I?

Have you considered DREAM DINNERS? I have heard wonderful reviews of the cuisine and cost as it translates to the average family. I keep meaning to pop in the location(next to Picasso's Place) that is in the shopping center across from the Krogers on 518/Cullen

If you're going to drive to Houston anyway, you should go to Cleburne Cafeteria. If you're going to drive to Clear Lake/Webster, you should go to Ryan's.

Cleburne Caf' is the ultimate upscale priced Cafeteria! :blink:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

They got their permit from the City in December 2008. I'm guessing the economic downturn put the project on hold. Luby's owns Fuddrucker's, and the Pearland Fuddrucker's just closed earlier this year.

• 4 months later...

I would like to see a Cheddars in the area. Also a nice steakhouse. I know Killens (which is awesome) is in east Pearland, and we have a couple of Hibachis near the town center, but I would like to see something else.

Too bad Makenzies closed a few years ago. One of the best steaks I've ever had. Saltgrass is over there by the movie theatre and I've had a decent steak at Texas Roadhouse.

Too bad Makenzies closed a few years ago. One of the best steaks I've ever had. Saltgrass is over there by the movie theatre and I've had a decent steak at Texas Roadhouse.

Makenzies was awesome. Im not sure why they didnt make it - location I guess?

Also, Ive been to Roadhouse and Saltgrass, and theyre good. But I was thinking of something a tier above.

• 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Luby's In Pearland

Archived