Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, it sure is Girl Scout cookie time. I used to always get the Caramel DeLites (I still call them samoas) and the thin mints. Now, I get the Grasshoppers by the Keebler Elves, they're the same as thin mints, so the only girl scout cookies I get are caramel delites, I haven't found a substitute for those yet, even though it seems the Keebler Elves now have a substitute for most of the girl scout cookies.

And for that Golden Globes thing, one of the hosts was Billy Bush, he's actually part of the Bush family, but instead of politics, he went into tabloid entertainment. There is another Bush, I don't remember her name, but she's a model. The Bush family is everywhere!

I like the Caramel Delights and those lemon cookies. Thin Mints are always good, too.

Mmm!

I think my niece is in Girl Scouts this year.

Regarding the Golden Globes, I hate those awards shows, but I'm so ready for this strike to be resolved so "Lost" can get its full season. If you consider 16 episodes a full season; I certainly don't. An 8 episodes season followed by a nearly year-long hiatus is torture. As if this nine months hiatus isn't.

but I'm so ready for this strike to be resolved so "Lost" can get its full season. If you consider 16 episodes a full season; I certainly don't. An 8 episodes season followed by a nearly year-long hiatus is torture. As if this nine months hiatus isn't.

Can you tell us what the heck that show is about?

I thought it just about a plane crash, survivors get rescued and end of story? How can they make a regular show out of that? Gilligan was one thing but a plane crash as a weekly deal, what is the deal people? SOS! and why is that guy in the avatar always the hero? Well, at least he is getting rich doing it. :)

I thought it just about a plane crash, survivors get rescued and end of story? How can they make a regular show out of that? Gilligan was one thing but a plane crash as a weekly deal, what is the deal people? SOS! and why is that guy in the avatar always the hero? Well, at least he is getting rich doing it. :)

I think I heard there's some mystical stuff goin on on the island and that there's some other unknown people who are on the island that they didn't know about.

I thought it just about a plane crash, survivors get rescued and end of story? How can they make a regular show out of that? Gilligan was one thing but a plane crash as a weekly deal, what is the deal people? SOS! and why is that guy in the avatar always the hero? Well, at least he is getting rich doing it.

If you like "The Twilight Zone", like I do, of course, you'd like "Lost". It's really like one long serialized "Twilight Zone" episode.

There's much more to it than survivors of a plane crash stranded on an island. The characters have many layers that are explored via flashbacks before the crash. The island has powers, monsters and mysteries on top of mysteries. It's a detailed show that you have to pay attention to and you can't just turn on any episode and expect to know what's going on. Almost everything has significance on this show. Things you don't think are a big deal will pop up later on, maybe seasons later: conversations that take place, background props like book titles the characters are seen reading. There's a reason for it.

When you have time, here's very abbreviated "Lost":

Everything you need to know in 8 minutes:

But they leave a lot out.

Really, if you love mystery and suspense, you should rent seasons 1, 2 and 3 and then wait for season 4 when it's out.

Lots of twists and shockers if you like that sort of thing.

Now that I think about it, this show is quite good compared to the other garbage thats out there.

I thought that crash scene was done quite realistically and thats coming from a hardcore Special Effects worshipper. :D

http://www.theasc.com/

The magazine is kind of neat, inside they have items you can rent/buy like lighting, sound etc. There is a co that rents lighting that can illuminate a whole outside of a skyscraper so you can film at night. When I film my own Towering Inferno now I know where to go. :)

PS here is one of my all time disaster scenes ever made! I always loved upside down sets ever since.

Now that I think about it, this show is quite good compared to the other garbage thats out there.

I thought that crash scene was done quite realistically and thats coming from a hardcore Special Effects worshipper.

In my opinion, it's probably one of the last good shows on TV. But what do I know.

So you've watched the show?

"The Poseidon Adventure" is scary. Underwater scenes always creep me out. Also, I never liked the scene where they come across the dead guy with his eyes open. :o

In my opinion, it's probably one of the last good shows on TV. But what do I know.

So you've watched the show?

"The Poseidon Adventure" is scary. Underwater scenes always creep me out. Also, I never liked the scene where they come across the dead guy with his eyes open. :o

AUGH! Lost is HORRIBLE. There is no story, just question after question, and that is how they keep people hooked. It isn't the great writing (or even the great acting) it is just people being addicted to wanting to finally friggen know what the fraggle rock is going on.

The first season was good, second was ok, now it is just bizarre. But at least it provides some enjoyment for some people.

My favorite shows on TV at present (when I get to watch TV, thank god for my HD-DVR):

Nip / Tuck (though it is starting to wear on me)

Rescue Me (one of the best shows on TV)

The Shield (Best cop show ever)

The Riche$ (entertaining, but odd)

Entourage (Probably my favorite show. I have a buddy who is in the same situation in Hollywood and that is pretty much exactly them. It is very true to life, not to mention funny).

Big Shots (I was surprised this show was as entertaining as it was)

Dirty Sexy Money (Anything with Peter Krause and Donald Sutherland is bound to be good, but Peter Krause's wife in that show is beyond gorgeous.)

The Wire (this is the last season, but great writing and acting).

Brotherhood (Showtime's best effort yet, if you ask me).

Las Vegas (guilty pleasure)

Friday Night Lights (another of the best shows on TV if not the best show on network television)

Then there are my real favorites:

Build it Bigger

Megaworld

The Once and Future City

Really Big Things

Extreme Engineering

and pretty much anything else on DiscoveryHD Theater, Discovery Channel HD, TLC HD, Discovery Science HD, National Geographic HD, so long as it doesn't have to do with animals or following people around after surgery.

There are some BravoHD shows I really enjoy as well, like Real Housewives (another guilty pleasure), Top Designer, and I miss Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

AUGH! Lost is HORRIBLE. There is no story, just question after question, and that is how they keep people hooked. It isn't the great writing (or even the great acting) it is just people being addicted to wanting to finally friggen know what the fraggle rock is going on.

The first season was good, second was ok, now it is just bizarre. But at least it provides some enjoyment for some people.

So you mean it's like a cheap drug or something? :lol: Then call me a sucker.

I think season 3 has been the best! Maybe not the first half of season 3, but definitely the second half starting with the episode in which Sawyer finally came face-to-face with Anthony Cooper (the real Sawyer and Locke's father) and Locke tricked him into killing him. I think Anthony was creepier than Ben.

And I like the new spin on the show where it'll now take place in the future in addition to the past and present.

I don't watch those other shows you mentioned.

So you mean it's like a cheap drug or something? :lol: Then call me a sucker.

I think season 3 has been the best! Maybe not the first half of season 3, but definitely the second half starting with the episode in which Sawyer finally came face-to-face with Anthony Cooper (the real Sawyer and Locke's father) and Locke tricked him into killing him. I think Anthony was creepier than Ben.

And I like the new spin on the show where it'll now take place in the future in addition to the past and present.

I don't watch those other shows you mentioned.

you should check them out. might cure your addiction to the never ending loop of questions and mysteries of LOST.

hehehe

My favorite shows on TV at present (when I get to watch TV, thank god for my HD-DVR):

Wow that's quite a list. You have a much longer attention span than me, clearly! Is The Riches the one with Eddie Izzard? I LOVE him. But I have a bad allergic reaction to Minnie Driver. Bleh. I may have to check it out anyway.

I have been enjoying the Death Wish marathon on AMC. Charles Bronson kicks ass.

Wow that's quite a list. You have a much longer attention span than me, clearly! Is The Riches the one with Eddie Izzard? I LOVE him. But I have a bad allergic reaction to Minnie Driver. Bleh. I may have to check it out anyway.

Her "Southern Bell" accent in the show kinda grinds on me, but the writing and Eddie make up for it.

Maybe I like to keep guessing. Yes, I do.

I watched "Las Vegas" long ago. I can't believe it's still on.

I'm just as surprised as you are, but I still love it.

Remember when Bronson films were numero uno at the box office? Seemed like he was beating the hell out of everyone and way before Chuckie Norris began whipping azz on the countryside.

I wish they would bring back (now obscure) TV shows like Twin Peaks. Who killed homecoming queen Laura Palmer? This is truly the show that led the path for strange and peculiar cast members and plts. I still have a rare them song cassette. David Lynch directed so that explains the weird characters and cinematography :blush:

Example of scene: Camera slowly pans across cast sitting at police station table as they describe the murder in detail, camera slowly zooms in on fruit in container on table for a lenghthy period of time while conversations continue, then slowly zooms back and sits still, cut scene. Love it!

Time to buy the DVD's. "Welcome To Twin Peak's"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMXjjHFz__A...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oDuGN6K3VQ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks

Vertigo:

I wish they would bring back (now obscure) TV shows like Twin Peaks. Who killed homecoming queen Laura Palmer? This is truly the show that led the path for strange and peculiar cast members and plts. I still have a rare them song cassette. David Lynch directed so that explains the weird characters and cinematography

I never watched "Twin Peaks", but I remember that photo of the dead woman used to freak me out. I'd see it in magazines, or on cassette covers (like you mentioned) in the stores; I hated that picture.

"Lost" is often compared to "Twin Peaks".

I never watched "Twin Peaks", but I remember that photo of the dead woman used to freak me out. I'd see it in magazines, or on cassette covers (like you mentioned) in the stores; I hated that picture.

"Lost" is often compared to "Twin Peaks".

i will await the appearance of the dancing midget.

The cult following of David Lynch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lynch

Eraserhead was once of the 1st of his masterpieces, scary.

and another strage director:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Cronenberg

Naked Lunch which featured bizarre and frightnening talking insects, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Lunch_(film)

Remember when Bronson films were numero uno at the box office? Seemed like he was beating the hell out of everyone and way before Chuckie Norris began whipping azz on the countryside.

More Bronson azz-kicking action tonight. Death Hunt. Yay!

The whole Death Wish film series is very HAIF. Bronson's character, the vigilante, is an architect. But with rocket launchers (Death Wish 4: The Crackdown) and short-barrel big-game guns (Death Wish III).

Does anyone know of stores in Houston that sell dashiki shirts?

I'm not looking for something as bold as this one, but I like the style.

Sharpstown Mall has a store that sells these I believe.

Why on Earth would you want to wear one of those abominations?

More Bronson azz-kicking action tonight. Death Hunt. Yay!

The whole Death Wish film series is very HAIF. Bronson's character, the vigilante, is an architect.

We watched some this weekend too.

My brother hit me up with Bronson/Death Wish trivia and I fliunked. Ironically he asked what was his career in the Death Wish series?

I had to crack up at the idea of Martin Balsom taking on about 50 punk rock mohawked street thugs with a shot gun. You truly had to laugh at some points. :lol:

Sharpstown Mall has a store that sells these I believe.

Why on Earth would you want to wear one of those abominations?

Now I am dying to see a pic of what this looks like?

I am picturing the big baggy sleeved pirate shirt on that Seinfeld episode. :lol:

We watched some this weekend too.

My brother hit me up with Bronson/Death Wish trivia and I fliunked. Ironically he asked what was his career in the Death Wish series?

I had to crack up at the idea of Martin Balsom taking on about 50 punk rock mohawked street thugs with a shot gun. You truly had to laugh at some points. :lol:

Now I am dying to see a pic of what this looks like?

I am picturing the big baggy sleeved pirate shirt on that Seinfeld episode. :lol:

I linked to a picture of one. And I don't want a super long one that's really loud. I just like the general style. It's plain and simple yet keeps you cool.

I linked to a picture of one. And I don't want a super long one that's really loud. I just like the general style. It's plain and simple yet keeps you cool.

Yeah, not all of them have the loud colors. Some are plain (white, beige, etc.) and are really basic ... some even formal enough to wear to parties, etc.

Archived