Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Ziegler Cooper Architects...

"Zemski has a wide variety of project experience, and he is currently acting in a leadership role on several projects such as 2727 Kirby (Houston), Highland Tower (Houston), San Felipe Condos (Houston), Republic Park (Austin, Texas), Memorial Hills (Houston), Sonoma (Houston) and Sapphire (South Padre Island, Texas). "

Do we know of or have threads of the San Felipe Condos and the Memorial Hills one?

article link

Was having breakfast and I overheard a couple of girls talking about a blind date:

girl1: "So, what did you think of him?"

girl2: "He was Okay. But he was a monkey."

girl1: "A monkey?"

girl2: "Yeah, kinda' cute, kinda' smart, but he smelled funny."

girl1: "He smelled?"

girl2: "Way too much cologne. I think he bathed in the stuff. He's not worth a second date."

ouch.

So who thinks the Greater Houston area can surpass the Philly metro area in 2008, becoming the 5th largest metro area in the country? The Philly area appears to be with-in striking distance now, so I think Houston can pass them sometimes in 2008. Once we make it to number 5, I expect we will remain there comfortably for awhile, unless for some crazy reason DFW slows down enough for us to pass them.

So who thinks the Greater Houston area can surpass the Philly metro area in 2008, becoming the 5th largest metro area in the country? The Philly area appears to be with-in striking distance now, so I think Houston can pass them sometimes in 2008. Once we make it to number 5, I expect we will remain there comfortably for awhile, unless for some crazy reason DFW slows down enough for us to pass them.

I think that if the population trends continue, the expanding and rapid influx of Hispanics and other 'minorities', and improvements in transportation, there is no way we WON'T be larger.

What a bummer!

That means you have to party twice as hard and eat twice as much! Bon appetite!

I hope you like this nice steak dinner I prepared just for you! :D

Steak%20Dinner%20Outing%20Page.jpg

hehehe thanks. As soon as I'm 100%, I'm going to hit Fajita Flats for some shrimp diablos and a few dozen shots of Patron.

I really want to try Del Friscos here in town though. Maybe I'll go there instead.

That potato looks yummy. As does the steak, but I'm a rib eye man myself. Medium rare.

I'm disgusting. I just ate a whole box of girl scout cookies, the caramel delites to be exact, in one sitting. I didn't even mean to, I was eating the cookies, and watching the tv, went to grab another one, and realized I had already eaten them all. At first I was devastated, then realized I ate a whole box of cookies in one sitting, and then became disgusted.

I'm disgusting. I just ate a whole box of girl scout cookies, the caramel delites to be exact, in one sitting. I didn't even mean to, I was eating the cookies, and watching the tv, went to grab another one, and realized I had already eaten them all. At first I was devastated, then realized I ate a whole box of cookies in one sitting, and then became disgusted.

haha, very nice. You gotta saver those since they don't come around too often.

Is it Girl Scout cookie time already?

I recall someone stated they did not like them a while back. I think they are good. Been a long time though.

Just noticed that "Anything You Want" (You got it) is that Travelling Wilbury's (Roy Orbison) song right?

No one mentioned the Golden Globe awards fiasco. No one cared I guessed. :D

What happened?

The Awards show which normally shows the red carpet and stars getting off limos is gone due to Hollywood writers strike.

The show instead was done like an Entertainment Tonight kind of intro where no one was present to accept anything. It was like throwing a huge party and no one showed up!

So here are like a guy and a girl naming the nominees and then showing clips of the shows and camera comes back with and the winner is! All you saw were the winners in subtitles under the screen. I tolerated about 15 minutes of it and it was like riding an elevator all alone or seeing a movie in an empty theater. Just bizarre. No cloud cheering or camera panning around ie; The Oscar's.

You can probably read more. Like this article states it was "surreal". :blink::lol:

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entert...en-Globes-night

Archived