Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there's a pretty big mall store that sells elvis stuff--can't remember the name of it--but it's all Americana stuff like coca cola, marilyn, elvis, etc. I'm almost positive there's one at Baybrook and Memorial City.

i'll hit baybrook today then. i did find some things at sig's lagoon.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm over a year late on this, but what's up with truck stunt commercials? Toyota started it, Dodge has copied to an extent. On the surface they look like they could be neat, but I just know that those are staged in such a safe way to where nothing can go wrong. And if they aren't, where's my youtube footage of incredible destruction? Or have I missed it on Max X?

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know, but I can tell you Brown Sugar's BBQ is a no no...

Is that in the mall too? Food court or restaurant?

Check out Putin posing as a tourist when Reagan was prez. Pretty funny...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-New...s=searchresults

That's interesting. I wonder if Reagan knew who he was at the time?

• 2 weeks later...

Cool...

The Greater Houston Partnership is ready to go on the road again, just two weeks after establishing its first presence outside of the United States.

A group led by the partnership is heading to Europe on June 17 for two weeks to visit Milan, Italy; Eindhoven and Rotterdam in The Netherlands; Hamburg and Frankfurt, Germany; and Moscow. Each of the selected cities is a commercial and business center of its respective country, according to the partnership.

The purpose of the economic development mission is to identify key trade and investment opportunities for European companies in the Houston region.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/stories...30/daily32.html

Question.

I'm searching for a google image of a certain type of house but don't know what it's called. They sort of look like a donut (but square). Think of the dough as the living space and the hole as an outdoor space; could be a garden or just grass, whatever. And the "hole" normally has a porch lining it also. I should probably know this, but I don't.

Question.

I'm searching for a google image of a certain type of house but don't know what it's called. They sort of look like a donut (but square). Think of the dough as the living space and the hole as an outdoor space; could be a garden or just grass, whatever. And the "hole" normally has a porch lining it also. I should probably know this, but I don't.

Like a Roman atrium house?

Like a Roman atrium house?

Atrium style was my first thought. They used to be really popular. My best friend growing up lived in one in the 70s and 80s, a Kickerillo house. Completely squared off with a small pool in the atrium area.

Spanish colonial revival has interior courtyards with porches, but they're usually U or L shaped.

My first thought was like a courtyard-ranch, not that this is a defined style. Is the style you think of single story? What I envision is alot of glass around the interior square, looking to the outdoors.

Porta-cans--what's in them? I mean the chemicals. Some of you know that I had a porta-john parked in front of my house for few months during sewer contruction on my street. It was removed right before Ike, but now months later, no grass is growing over. It looks like the surface of the moon. Healthy grass all around the spot, putting out runners that won't go near ground zero.

Is it that toxic? Do I have a permanent dead spot in the yard?

My first thought was like a courtyard-ranch, not that this is a defined style. Is the style you think of single story? What I envision is alot of glass around the interior square, looking to the outdoors.

Yes, single-story and I think lots of glass on the interior is a really good idea. It brings in lots of natural light but you're not necessarily exposed to the public.

Archived