Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question. Why do v-neck t-shirts get such a bad rap? I love 'em!

Actually, does anyone know where I can buy them in different colors? I have some high quality white ones, but need some color.

:lol: Because they're wife beaters with sleeves! Actually, my BF lives in them. His uniform consists of white hanes v necks and khakis. Before he grew a full size beard (that is mainly gray) he was constantly getting cruised. You're just not wearing your vnecks in the right social circles, that's all! American Apparel has colored V's. -- they're super low neck 'tho.

good call. Guess it fell through, but I'm assuming the variance approval is still in place. From the looks of google aerial, that looks like a horrible location unless it was just two or three stories max. But I guess the newsletter doesn't specify the height, although it may be enough since it got the writer bent out of shape. Maybe they just don't like that it's denser than single-family.

:lol: Because they're wife beaters with sleeves! Actually, my BF lives in them. His uniform consists of white hanes v necks and khakis. Before he grew a full size beard (that is mainly gray) he was constantly getting cruised. You're just not wearing your vnecks in the right social circles, that's all! American Apparel has colored V's. -- they're super low neck 'tho.

Yeah, I'm not into showin off the few chest hairs I have, so I'll stay away from the really low cut. And I guess I need new friends, too. haha

I'm guessing "cruised" is a term similar to "slammed," "dogged," or "put down?"

Anyone else have a case of HAIF paranoia? Nothing close to fear, but as I jog or bike around the neighborhood and see random folks, I often wonder, is that Redscare, or Heights Yankee? Those who have braved a HAIF happy hour are probably immune.

Ha, next time I'll just honk at you, so you'll know someone has noticed you. :ph34r:

kidding, of course. Wouldn't want to startle a cyclist. :D

good call. Guess it fell through, but I'm assuming the variance approval is still in place. From the looks of google aerial, that looks like a horrible location unless it was just two or three stories max. But I guess the newsletter doesn't specify the height, although it may be enough since it got the writer bent out of shape. Maybe they just don't like that it's denser than single-family.

Yeah, I'm not into showin off the few chest hairs I have, so I'll stay away from the really low cut. And I guess I need new friends, too. haha

I'm guessing "cruised" is a term similar to "slammed," "dogged," or "put down?"

Um, no, 'cruised' as in interested men vibing/and or approaching you.......

I buy a few apples every week, and for the past month or so Kroger has been having more New Zealand apples and far less domestic ones. What's up with that? I'm usually not too weird about that type of thing, but can I get some damn american apples? I am probably the only one noticing this.

I buy a few apples every week, and for the past month or so Kroger has been having more New Zealand apples and far less domestic ones. What's up with that? I'm usually not too weird about that type of thing, but can I get some damn american apples? I am probably the only one noticing this.

The American apple varieties that we see in the grocery stores haven't been harvested yet. They are grown mainly in the northeast, northwest and midwest. Most U.S. apples available right now have been in cold storage for months and are past their prime. You will start to see some new crop American apples in the stores beginning next month. New Zealand is in the Southern Hemisphere - it's winter there now - which means their apples are coming to market while ours are still on the trees - and vice-versa.

v-necks belong as understhirts only, and even then, crew necks are better.

V-necks are acceptable, occassionaly, as overwear (sweater). If you're not wearing crew neck, there is something wrong with you. No one wants to see your chest!

Microsoft to pay law firms bonuses for reducing the number of white men on staff.

The National Law Journal, via law.com

<http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202423139834> , reports that Microsoft's has informed its 17 "Premier Preferred Provider law firms", which collectively receive about $150 million in fees each year, that they will receive financial bonuses based on "improvements" they make in their diversity numbers.

The preferred law firms must opt by Aug. 15 for one of two ways they want Microsoft to track their diversity "progress." Under one formula, they must demonstrate a two-percentage point increase in the percentage of Microsoft hours billed by "diverse" attorneys, compared to last year.

Under the second formula, law firms must show a 0.5 percentage point increase in total "diverse" attorneys as a percentage of the firms'

total attorneys, regardless of whether they work on Microsoft matters.

Included in Microsoft's definition of diverse attorneys are women and those attorneys who are African-American, Latino/Hispanic, Asian, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, American Indian, Alaska Native or "mixed race." Obviously, then, reducing the number of white men on staff is "progress" to Microsoft.

I guess option 2 is in deference to the "non-recession" that we are in. When laying off, get rid of whitey first. Of all the deep rug lawyers I know, I am having a hard time thinking of one that, if he were laid off for being a white male, I would feel sorry for. In fact, in most cases, it would be hard to say definitively that they were laid off for being white males, since in most cases, they may well have been laid off for being an a-hole. ;)

sorry to be "off subject" but i lost a post when i had to join to send a message. someone was talking aout rain barrels to catch the wonderful benfits of the comming storm. does anyone rember who ?

That was me over on the Hurricane Dolly thread (post #32). The reason why I mentioned the barrel thing is that it was mentioned in the news awhile back that some West U residents are using the barrel as a resevoir of sorts, to take care of fairly lavish gardens or use it to irrigate their lawns (but that's something a bit more elaborate). As a simple conservation method requires little more than redirecting the downspouts into barrels. As long as they're properly covered, mosquitoes won't be a problem.

I assume I pushed you over the edge to joining? A point for me! yay.

That was me over on the Hurricane Dolly thread (post #32). The reason why I mentioned the barrel thing is that it was mentioned in the news awhile back that some West U residents are using the barrel as a resevoir of sorts, to take care of fairly lavish gardens or use it to irrigate their lawns (but that's something a bit more elaborate). As a simple conservation method requires little more than redirecting the downspouts into barrels. As long as they're properly covered, mosquitoes won't be a problem.

I think that is a wonderful way to conserve and do something good for the plants. I will have to get barrel, or at least a pickle bucket (like I've seen some neighbors do).

yes ! it is your fault that i found this cool site! :D i do collect water in somebucket by my greenhouse ,but i know there are nice ones that can hook up a water hose and have lids to be nicer looking and hold more.. i want to pick one up not order online

yes ! it is your fault that i found this cool site! :D i do collect water in somebucket by my greenhouse ,but i know there are nice ones that can hook up a water hose and have lids to be nicer looking and hold more.. i want to pick one up not order online

Well, I have no idea where to pick up barrels, but I'm sure HD or Lowe's would have information for you.

Archived