Anything You Want

gwilson

This is a question for black people and people with black friends :)

Do you/they watch Seinfeld? Michael Wilboln on ESPN said 'brothas don't watch Seinfeld, none of them.' They were talking about it b/c it's Jerry's birthday today.

This was the funniest show ever by the way. Ever.

My spouse and several of his friends -- all Black men who grew up in New York City--watch/watched Seinfeld. They think it is funny, but I don't believe they would say that it is the funniest show ever.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My spouse and several of his friends -- all Black men who grew up in New York City--watch/watched Seinfeld. They think it is funny, but I don't believe they would say that it is the funniest show ever.

Hehehehe

(I'm black) and like I said, the show IS funny, but not the THE funniest show.

KPRC report on the growing pile of something (I never did see it on television although I did DVR the news that evening)... well, turns out it is somewhere in Pasadena and is a by products of the company's (Agrifos) fertilizer business.

In a nutshell, it is a huge mound of gypsum and sometimes leaks, sometimes flakes away. Residents of the area are concerned about the dust that blows their direction, and what could possibly be in it.

State and federal officials seem to be on the case of the company that they claim has a less than stellar record of environmental safety.

Full story with video here: http://www.click2houston.com/investigates/...235/detail.html

This is a question for black people and people with black friends :)

Do you/they watch Seinfeld? Michael Wilboln on ESPN said 'brothas don't watch Seinfeld, none of them.' They were talking about it b/c it's Jerry's birthday today.

This was the funniest show ever by the way. Ever.

Some days, I think Wilbon is funnier than Seinfeld EVER was. Something about a Black guy insulting an old ugly effeminate white guy just cracks me up! I know that I shouldn't really like a show about nothing (just like Seinfeld), but I do.

Two videos. First one is pretty funny. It's funnier if you watch it all the way through.

(posted on swamplot. check out their blogspot page)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwRX72VUh98...feature=related

Okay, I wouldn't say 'funny'. But they were interesting. More interesting that the people around them seem totally oblivious or numbed to their presence in both cases.

People are so unemotional these days ... television to blame?

Okay, I wouldn't say 'funny'. But they were interesting. More interesting that the people around them seem totally oblivious or numbed to their presence in both cases.

People are so unemotional these days ... television to blame?

The response might actually be more active if it weren't the Kroger on Montrose. I'd think that staff there probably have seen a lot of crazy off the wall ____, and that the folks that shop there are generally more aware of the flashmob concept, and thus not shocked or particularly amused by it.

Now, take the show somewhere not inherently unique, like a Kroger in the Cypress area, or someplace serving a mostly poor population, such as the HEB at Scott and OST, and the responses could be really interesting.

The response might actually be more active if it weren't the Kroger on Montrose. I'd think that staff there probably have seen a lot of crazy off the wall ____, and that the folks that shop there are generally more aware of the flashmob concept, and thus not shocked or particularly amused by it.

Now, take the show somewhere not inherently unique, like a Kroger in the Cypress area, or someplace serving a mostly poor population, such as the HEB at Scott and OST, and the responses could be really interesting.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Is anyone watching Where in the World is Matt Lauer? I am catching up on all my Today Show podcasts right now and he is Instanbul on this episode. In a previous one he was in the Seychelles.

These are some beautiful and culturally interesting places they are picking for him to visit. Very nice series. Not sure if it is going on this week or not?

Do yall eat your favorite part of each meal first or last? I eat it last, like I just finished off my mashed potates.

And is this thread destined to be the longest ever on haif, barring a shutdown from a moderator or editor?

I definitely run through the ones I don't like first and fast, and save the best for last. And no mixing, unless appropriate.

I'm also a stacker. Some items I will stack on (physically) the others. When I was a big meat eater I would place spoon in potatoes, meat next, peas next. Or sometimes potatoes, peas, and then meat (because the potatoes hold the peas in place).

I am also a dipper as opposed to a smothered man. I prefer to dip things into sauces or gravies as opposed to having them smothered in it.

Do yall eat your favorite part of each meal first or last? I eat it last, like I just finished off my mashed potates.

Save the best for last. Just as Vanessa Williams would say.

Mixing is okay sometimes, but it depends what it is. corn and mashed potatoes...just fine. And I don't eat one thing and move onto the next. But I just make sure my favorite is my last couple of bites. Why would I want my last bite to be something I don't like, ya know?

Mixing is okay sometimes, but it depends what it is. corn and mashed potatoes...just fine. And I don't eat one thing and move onto the next. But I just make sure my favorite is my last couple of bites. Why would I want my last bite to be something I don't like, ya know?

I tend to eat yucky stuff first. Like ... brussel sprouts. And then move on to other good things.

But ... I still like most things mixed. LOL Except when the portions are too big to eat in one bite, and I am too lazy to cut them up.

Two videos. First one is pretty funny. It's funnier if you watch it all the way through.

(posted on swamplot. check out their blogspot page)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwRX72VUh98...feature=related

The SexyATTACK one was entertaining, tho not as entertaining as the original.

The people in the first video look like they need to be checked for lice. I know it's local, so sorry if any of them are some of you. :giggles:

Now that song is stuck in my head. I'm probably going to have to download it.

I just DLed the video.

My dog is scared of the thunder.

Mine too.

The SexyATTACK one was entertaining, tho not as entertaining as the original.

Well the best part was people for the most part completely ignoring them, along with kroger employess who just snickered and passed. The guy at the very beginning simply walked through them to get his food without missing a beat.

The best line though was the woman asking how she's supposed to get to her yogurt.

Well the best part was people for the most part completely ignoring them, along with kroger employess who just snickered and passed. The guy at the very beginning simply walked through them to get his food without missing a beat.

The best line though was the woman asking how she's supposed to get to her yogurt.

Yeah, these 'attacks' are going to have to get more creative.

true story.

friend gets a call from her neighbor. "How's the garage sale going?"

"what garage sale?"

"the one in your driveway."

"WHAT? I'm at work! I'll be home in 30 minutes."

She drives home and sees several ladies and their children in her driveway having a garage sale.

"this is MY house! do you know this is private property? why are you having a garage sale here?"

"Well I knocked 3 times on your door and no one answered so I thought it would be ok"

LOL GHETTO

Random question that I don't feel merits an entire thread.

What's up with the SW corner of West Alabama and Dunlavy

Seems like a pretty desirable location that just has abandoned apartments.

How long have they been abandoned?

Has there ever been a whiff of something going in at this location?

If not, why not?

they aren't abandoned.

they aren't abandoned.

They certainly look mostly abanoned. There's only ever a handfull of cars there and some of the buildings looks to be in bad shape. The majority of the windows have no blinds or any window coverings which to me is an indication of nobody living there.

Archived