Sign in to follow this  
gwilson

Anything You Want...

I was once dancing with a very obnoxious and arrogant girl from high school at a local Discoteque and her skirt suddenly unbuttoned and flew across the dance floor! Most of the crowd was annoyed by the whistle she always hung around her neck for that "toot" "toot" sound effect. She had one of those new "Roseanna-danna" hairdo's with glitter splashed across. She ran for the skirt in panties/heels then fled for the rr. It was the talk of the town for weeks. One way to get popular.

Vertigo58:

I was once dancing with a very obnoxious and arrogant girl from high school at a local Discoteque and her skirt suddenly unbuttoned and flew across the dance floor! Most of the crowd was annoyed by the whistle she always hung around her neck for that "toot" "toot" sound effect. She had one of those new "Roseanna-danna" hairdo's with glitter splashed across. She ran for the skirt in panties/heels then fled for the rr. It was the talk of the town for weeks. One way to get popular.

Oh my gosh. There's just so much that's funny about that.

Even scarier, the song we were dancing to was either "Push, Push in the Bush" or "Funky Town".

PS, mens platform shoes were very dangerous to drive in. :lol:

I trim my pit hair. Hair pits are a no-no.

I'm glad you're only trimming.

Wow Kim,

The pup has that Cujo thing going on or what? Eyes seem dialated.

I once picked up a small stray kitty to hug and pet it and it let go of it's waste on my leg. what a sight to see.

Edited by Vertigo58

Even though I disagree with just about everything she does for her boss, I have a crush on Condi Rice. (I feel better now)

Stop nitpicking, both of you. You knew what I meant. I supposed I could have worded it better. It did look like something out of the Chronicle when you think about it.

I don't like knits, so why would I pick them?

What this forum needs instead of this thread, is a shoutbox, for times when HAIFers just want to bullshit instead of post. Like IMing, but limited to people on this website.

No, this thread is awesome. Though a shoutbox could be cool

Obnoxious and arrogant without her skirt...seems fitting.

Indeed

Even scarier, the song we were dancing to was either "Push, Push in the Bush" or "Funky Town".

PS, mens platform shoes were very dangerous to drive in. :lol:

I prefer "Play that funky music whiteboy".

I'm glad you're only trimming.

Out of context, your post would be hilarious.

j.jpg

Even mine?

I like mine better but yours will give me nightmares tonight of a floor mop that comes to life to kill people.

Ewww

indeed

Wow Kim,

The pup has that Cujo thing going on or what? Eyes seem dialated.

I once picked up a small stray kitty to hug and pet it and it let go of it's waste on my leg. what a sight to see.

Aww ____, that would p!ss me off. heh

Even though I disagree with just about everything she does for her boss, I have a crush on Condi Rice. (I feel better now)

You'd thinks he could afford braces.

Yeah? I always thought he looks like Jaws.

Paint him grey and give him some fins, and you've got a killer on your hands.

Have you ever accidentally shoplifted anything?

Once I got to my car to unload stuff from a hardware store and there was 2 boxes of nails. I really needed them though so.....assumed it was a gift from above? maybe he gives away nails on ocassion?

Have you ever accidentally shoplifted anything?

Once I got to my car to unload stuff from a hardware store and there was 2 boxes of nails. I really needed them though so.....assumed it was a gift from above? maybe he gives away nails on ocassion?

I have actually. I have this bad habit of getting chocolate milk while I grocery shop as a treat. I drink it while I finish up the shopping and then the checkout lady scans it and throws the empty bottle away. Well, one time I was shopping and I set the bottle down to check out some details on another product and forgot to pick it back up.

I paid, left, got home and realized I had forgotten to pay for the milk. I made mention of it to the check out lady the next time I was in as a semi-joke and she said don't worry about it. So I didn't. My conscience was at ease.

I have actually. I have this bad habit of getting chocolate milk while I grocery shop as a treat. I drink it while I finish up the shopping and then the checkout lady scans it and throws the empty bottle away. Well, one time I was shopping and I set the bottle down to check out some details on another product and forgot to pick it back up.

I paid, left, got home and realized I had forgotten to pay for the milk. I made mention of it to the check out lady the next time I was in as a semi-joke and she said don't worry about it. So I didn't. My conscience was at ease.

That reminds me of an old 3 Stooges scene where Moe frisks the pockets of Curly and a bunch of silver ware like spoons, forks, knives, ladels, etc fall on the floor while shaking him for the contents of his pockets. Even a hand held mixer and saw fall out. Hilarious stuff, sure miss that kind of slapstick humor. :lol:

Milk's nasty! Sometimes I can't even drink the instant hot chocolate because I can taste the milk in it.

Bad '80s video alert:

I like how this guy basically has to dance in one spot otherwise he'll move away from the blue screen:

Milk's nasty! Sometimes I can't even drink the instant hot chocolate because I can taste the milk in it.

Bad '80s video alert:

I like how this guy basically has to dance in one spot otherwise he'll move away from the blue screen:

Maybe we should have a True Confessions topic?

This "innovative" video would play overhead on a huge silver screen at a local dance club. The crowd below would be worshipping while you danced along. :blush::ph34r:

This flash-in-the-pan dude is a shoe-in for Max Headroom. Best thing to do is puke the milk on him/her/whatever. MTV was at it's zenith.

Virtigo58:

Maybe we should have a True Confessions topic?

This "innovative" video would play overhead on a huge silver screen at a local dance club. The crowd below would be worshipping while you danced along.

Well shut my mouth wide open, you're just full of surprises, aren't you?

This flash-in-the-pan dude is a shoe-in for Max Headroom. Best thing to do is puke the milk on him/her/whatever. MTV was at it's zenith.

Kinky?

I hate when there's a herd of people rushing to get through one door but not one bothers to open the other door next to it.

Edited by flyingman

Milk's nasty! Sometimes I can't even drink the instant hot chocolate because I can taste the milk in it. Bad '80s video alert: I like how this guy basically has to dance in one spot otherwise he'll move away from the blue screen:
Milk is great. Good chocolate milk especially.I see your Baltimora and raise you an Information Society.
I hate when there's a herd of people rushing to get through one door but not one bothers to open the other door next to it.
I hate it when people move in herds. I prefer packs or gaggles.

People tend to move in packs I guess. When I worked in a box office there would always be a few lines that were really long, yet all the rest of the windows were either empty or had very few people at them. It was mysterious as to why the people didn't go to the shorter or empty windows.

Speaking of milk. This morning my Cheerios grouped themselves into an image of the virgin mary. I ate them anyway. :D

EastEnd Susan:

Speaking of milk. This morning my Cheerios grouped themselves into an image of the virgin mary. I ate them anyway.

Foolishness. You should have put it on Eaby or at least contacted the local news.

I eat my cereal dry. That's how much I hate milk.

Thanks Kimberly, I couldn't get that Baltimora tune out of my head all day yesterday.

1 more confession:

Still have the single of the latest (1989) dance sensation "The Lambada" by Kaoma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambada

Entertainment Tonight showed Mary Hart interviewing dancers as they bump & grinded on live TV. This dance was to sweep the nation,take it by storm, etc.

First song, then movie, then clothes, then....

By end of year it went kaput.

Here today gone tomorrow! :lol: get your Maalox ready!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AfTl5Vg73A

I eat my cereal dry. That's how much I hate milk.

Put wine on your cereal instead. It's cheaper.

ChannelTwoNews thought this project may have been mentioned somewhere else already. Can anyone think of which thread it was?

Here are the specs:

Two 30-story towers with 28 floors. 222-unit San Felipe condo development.

Here is the link w/ the information.

Edited by lockmat

Vertigo58:

Thanks Kimberly, I couldn't get that Baltimora tune out of my head all day yesterday.

1 more confession:

Still have the single of the latest (1989) dance sensation "The Lambada" by Kaoma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambada

Entertainment Tonight showed Mary Hart interviewing dancers as they bump & grinded on live TV. This dance was to sweep the nation,take it by storm, etc.

First song, then movie, then clothes, then....

By end of year it went kaput.

Here today gone tomorrow! get your Maalox ready!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AfTl5Vg73A

I hate those stupid short-lived dance fads! They're crap. Macarena, anyone?

dbigtex56:

Put wine on your cereal instead. It's cheaper.

I've tried water and orange juice. The orange juice wasn't bad. My friend said her grandma used to put apple juice on hers.

Soooo, anyway, does anyone want to help me bring back vaudeville?

My dog likes pie, and he's a herding breed! :P

It's probably because the lazy store clerk forgot to unlock the other door. I actually turn around and leave a business that only unlocks one side of a double door. I assume they are "Not Open for Business".

It's probably because the lazy store clerk forgot to unlock the other door. I actually turn around and leave a business that only unlocks one side of a double door. I assume they are "Not Open for Business".

Not thus far as I'm always the one that discovers the magical door opens. ;)

Soooo, anyway, does anyone want to help me bring back Vaudeville?

I will, I have a top hat & cane for starters. Have dodged many tomatoes on Haif too. :lol:

I also have a kitty that can tap dance on cue.

Goodie! I'll start browsing Ebay for a Charlie McCarthy doll.

While we're at it, we might as well bring back '70s variety shows, too.

Faded from many memories but there was a quite entertaining TV show called "Almost Anything Goes".

Seemed to be held in an arena or it was one huge set? People being thrown into giant vats of jello, etc. Entertaining to us teens anyway. As camp as it gets, but it was squeaky clean/messy fun. :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072466/

Then there just had to be a Jr edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FX4-7GzzHM

I'm learning to do the moonwalk:

Edited by lockmat

Veritgo58:

Faded from many memories but there was a quite entertaining TV show called "Almost Anything Goes".

Seemed to be held in an arena or it was one huge set? People being thrown into giant vats of jello, etc. Entertaining to us teens anyway. As camp as it gets, but it was squeaky clean/messy fun.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072466/

Then there just had to be a Jr edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FX4-7GzzHM

That's fun! Kind of like "Double Dare" or one of those other old school '80s Nick shows.

And the vats of Jello you mentioned, that reminds me of those old Jello jumps they used to have at the Omni hotel on the Katy freeway.

lockmat:

I'm learning to do the moonwalk:

That's very informative, to be honest. I didn't know there was a right or wrong way to moonwalk! And the airwalk is just too cool to fool. I'm going to have to learn those myself.

I always wanted someone to throw a pit in my face. Just like in the old 3 Stooges films. Banana cream or coconut might be tasty. :P

PieInFaceTN.jpg

Goodie! I'll start browsing Ebay for a Charlie McCarthy doll.

While we're at it, we might as well bring back '70s variety shows, too.

I'll top your Charlie McCarthy Doll with a new prada purse that I bought for a friend. :)

ricco67:

I'll top your Charlie McCarthy Doll with a new prada purse that I bought for a friend.

How about a Prada purse to carry around my Charlie McCarthy doll in. Now I'll buy that for a dollar.

I just scared my not quite 3-year-old nephew with my Billy Baloney ventriloquist doll. Blah ha ha!

to make a word plural.....don't add 's

I immediately thought of you today...lol.

This is over on Kiam near TC Jester:

chateaus_kiam.jpg

Yesterday I went to the San Jacinto Monument for the first time in years. At the visitor's center/gift shop over by the battleship there was a wooden cut out of a sailor and at the bottom is said something like, "Thank's for visiting". It made me want to scream. I intend on e-mailing them and suggesting they fix it. All they have to do is paint over the apostrophe

with a little yellow paint since the background was yellow.

Don't forget those Astros tickets signs downtown that say "Astro's Tickets".

Y'know...it's quite accurate. They are the Astro's tickets (no apostrophe ma'! Do'h!) until you buy them. :)

Yesterday I went to the San Jacinto Monument for the first time in years. At the visitor's center/gift shop over by the battleship there was a wooden cut out of a sailor and at the bottom is said something like, "Thank's for visiting". It made me want to scream. I intend on e-mailing them and suggesting they fix it. All they have to do is paint over the apostrophe

with a little yellow paint since the background was yellow.

wait aren't we married? or do we have an apostrophe fetish?

Edited by musicman

rofl.

Best thread ever.

Was there ever a sentence or phrase you always wanted to say? Here's one of my fav's:

(Storm in to a room dressed like Sherlock Holmes with pipe in hand, big mustache)

Alright everyone, stay where you are! No one is to leave the hotel. It's seems Mr Fabershem has been murdered! and one of you did it!

Blame the butler? :ph34r:

ricco67:

Y'know...it's quite accurate. They are the Astro's tickets (no apostrophe ma'! Do'h!) until you buy them.

It would look much better if they'd leave the blasted apostrophe out. Astros is plural because it's a team. You're not just buying Berkman's ticket or you might get be able to away with "Astro's tickets" because he's an Astro and that's his ticket.

musicman:

Mine started years ago after reading one of the stories from the Stephen King book "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". In the story there was an old hick-like town with a video store and its sign read "Video's". From then on I can't help but notice. It especially bugs me when it's on a sign.

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

I immediately thought of you today...lol.

LOL. can't help but notice when you see it. one other thing that bothers some (including me), is people who wear caps inside.

Was there ever a sentence or phrase you always wanted to say? Here's one of my fav's:(Storm in to a room dressed like Sherlock Holmes with pipe in hand, big mustache) Alright everyone, stay where you are! No one is to leave the hotel. It's seems Mr Fabershem has been murdered! and one of you did it!Blame the butler? :ph34r:
I've always wanted to say:...damn, I drew a blank.
Y'know...it's quite accurate. They are the Astro's tickets (no apostrophe ma'! Do'h!) until you buy them. :)
Wouldn't it be Astros' since it is plural and possessive?
It appears we have a polyamorous sect here considering how anal I am about apostrophes.
This song is so dorky and it's driving me crazy because I can't get it out of my head!: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cU_YW9_Qmg0 But I kind of like it.

rofl! "I guess that makes her a Liberty Bell." *goofy smile* Great.

My extremely eccentric taste in music has had me stuck on these two songs lately:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Y9qngZZwMA (extremely creative lyrics by Abdominal)

(I must admit I only know about this song because of a rather sexy video sent to me by someone)

Those and Porcupine Pie by Neil Diamond.

Edited by gwilson