Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Tale of Two Houses

house1.jpg

House #1 A 20 room mansion ( not including 8 bathrooms ) heated by

natural gas. Add on a pool ( and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern 'snow belt' area. It's in the South.

house2.jpg

House #2

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every 'green' feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet ( 4 bedrooms ) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground.

The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

~~~~~

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville , Tennessee ; it is the abode of

the 'environmentalist' Al Gore.

HOUSE # 2 is on a ranch near Crawford,

Texas ; it is the residence of the President of the United States ,

George W. Bush.

An 'inconvenient truth'.

Okay, so Lock and I want to know if anyone knows what's being built on Richey Road (I45) right to the east of the Sam's Club.

If anyone has any information it would certainly satisfy my curiosity.

I'd heard it's apartments, but there is still no sign up stating what is being built, but there are tons of contractors and now they are laying acres of concrete.

Is there evidence that taking a Tylenol for a headache (especialy after drinking) that it could ruin your liver?

They just started placing that "warning" on bottles in last 5-7 years but not before that (I am quite sure).

I knew at least one person that always took Tylenol for hangovers, etc and she developed cirrhosis of the liver. Gone now. Another guy my bro worked with, was having a backyard barbecue and slamming down brews, later that night took 2 Tylenol's and got very ill, rushed to emergency for it. Had internal bleeding and died at 38 yrs of age. Now I do not know if there were other factors but I never take Tylenol after having a few.

Just wondered if anyone else is aware or have heard similar Tylenol tragedies? :o

Okay, so Lock and I want to know if anyone knows what's being built on Richey Road (I45) right to the east of the Sam's Club.

If anyone has any information it would certainly satisfy my curiosity.

I'd heard it's apartments, but there is still no sign up stating what is being built, but there are tons of contractors and now they are laying acres of concrete.

Came up empty handed on my search for the company pouring the concrete. But hopefully they'll be building up in a week or two and we'll have a better idea then.

Came up empty handed on my search for the company pouring the concrete. But hopefully they'll be building up in a week or two and we'll have a better idea then.

My guess (and from what I've heard) is apartments, but that just doesn't seem right on that piece of land. Could be..

Is there evidence that taking a Tylenol for a headache (especialy after drinking) that it could ruin your liver?

They just started placing that "warning" on bottles in last 5-7 years but not before that (I am quite sure).

I knew at least one person that always took Tylenol for hangovers, etc and she developed cirrhosis of the liver. Gone now. Another guy my bro worked with, was having a backyard barbecue and slamming down brews, later that night took 2 Tylenol's and got very ill, rushed to emergency for it. Had internal bleeding and died at 38 yrs of age. Now I do not know if there were other factors but I never take Tylenol after having a few.

Just wondered if anyone else is aware or have heard similar Tylenol tragedies? :o

I don't know if it is related to the hangover, but I know a doc that warned me about taking more than 1500mg (might be more or less, I forget) per day because this could damage the liver.

What do people feel about eating at a restaurant alone? I wanted Pappasitos the other night, but I couldn't find anyone to go with me, and since I feel uncomfortable sitting at a table by myself in a restaurant, I had no Pappasitos. I was sad.

What do people feel about eating at a restaurant alone? I wanted Pappasitos the other night, but I couldn't find anyone to go with me, and since I feel uncomfortable sitting at a table by myself in a restaurant, I had no Pappasitos. I was sad.

either take a happy pill or go to someplace alone. I do it quite it quite a bit since my schedule isn't as predictable as I would like and people I know aren't always in the mood for I want. Then again, I'd be depressed if I wanted to go to a Pappasitos. :)

To Paraphrase a vulture someone mentioned, "F-you! My Chinese!"

One of the best ways to dine alone, especially at off-peak or slower hours, at a restaurant is to eat at the bar. At least you have the bartender and usually a television of sorts to keep you company.

If it's crowded, most of the time you can end up talking to someone eating next to you (if you like).

I used to travel quite often in my last job and you get very used to dining alone. I do however think that a woman may feel a bit more different about it. Just walk in the place with confidence and be as natural as can be. You can always check your cell phone or Blackberry while waiting for your entree or always carry a small book?

The fact is most of us that are in a relationship can't always depend that its always going to be the two of you. I'm always prepared for the possibility that I may be single again withouty moments notice. There is nothing wrong with being independent, it's a part of life. I knew a lady that was just married and was to have her 1st child then her husband was killed in a car accident by the time the child was born. Long story short, she had to focus on being alone again plus rasing a child. We never know what life can throw at us. If that lady managed to work it out I knew I could make it.

Think of that little puppy you used to use in your avatar, it made me happy! :D

I can't do it unless it is a counter service/coffee shop-esque type place.

I also got used to eating alone from business trips. I've been halfway around the world by myself, and I just don't feel weird at all eating alone any more. Sitting at the bar will definitely help if that is available. Otherwise I suggest bringing something to read, if I had an awkward moments it was after ordering in a place that wasn't busy, just staring into space because there was no people watching to be had.

Sometimes I like it. I'll go to a place like Pappasitos or something similar and sit at the bar. I'll chat up whoever is around. It depends on my mood really.

I am normally more outgoing when around people in person anyway. I can strike up conversation with just about anyone from a to z. Young, old, etc the more the mix the better. It comes from travelling, career, PR, networking and faith. To me anyway. Maybe that's why mods ocassionally tell me to get back to topic, I am the type that can talk/laugh about anything. I believe straying from a topic is normal conversing and fun, thats how we learn of new things. Variety is the spice of life, right?

Back to topic Vertigo! Ja ja!

I am normally more outgoing when around people in person anyway. I can strike up conversation with just about anyone from a to z. Young, old, etc the more the mix the better. It comes from travelling, career, PR, networking and faith. To me anyway. Maybe that's why mods ocassionally tell me to get back to topic, I am the type that can talk/laugh about anything. I believe straying from a topic is normal conversing and fun, thats how we learn of new things. Variety is the spice of life, right?

Back to topic Vertigo! Ja ja!

Good thing this topic is reserved for talking about anything we want.

Eating alone is a great way to meet guys....and other people, of course. :) I've made good friends that friends that way. Both travelling and at home.

Once I ended up unexpectedly without my companion for a reservation at Commander's Palace, and rather than hole up in the bar, took a table just for myself. Ended up with half my meal comped, a date with the headwaiter, which turned into 2 and a half more days of eating nearly for free at chef's tables in the best restaurants in the city. All cuz I sat at a table alone.

I'm watching TV. I just saw the commercial for Sonic; the guy in the car with his wife (sometimes he is with a friend of his). Hate those commercials.

I prefer a good old Jack in the Box......

Have you seen the Hillshire Farms lunchmeat ads? My BF is obssessed with those. Very wrong, on so many levels.

"Hey chief, that's some serious meat you're stackin' !" And so on, until they do a little cheer and at the end say "Go Meat!"

You mean this one..... GO MEAT!

Eating alone is a great way to meet guys....and other people, of course.
you need to get to telwink...you meet people from just about every persuasion. carol alvarado deborah wrigley, manuel rodriguez, me. LOL

Oof. I don't think I could do it. Couple weeks ago I walked into my local Thai restaurant and ordered some to go. I felt akward just sitting there waiting for like 8 minutes, checking my phone as if I was actually busy. There was only one other table of people that had just arrived. I haven't tried it much though in a cool place. Could go for one of those "meet a guy" things.

:rolleyes:

Archived