Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty soon everyone will be forced to drive one of these:

smartcar.jpg

...and this is what happens when you

I've seen one of these in the montrose yesterday, one driving in the Medical center, and another driving somewhere in the galleria.

Personally, these vehicles makes sense if you're doing inner city driving and commuting. I wouldn't exactly turn my nose up at one myself and might even buy one in the future.

Would I use it to travel to Galveston, Beaumont, or Lake Charles? Oh hell no.

Someone left an open bag of trail mix in your break room for the taking. Do you take it or not?

That's my situation right now. I'm leaving it. I don't know whos and where that persons grubby hands have been.

What a waste.

Someone left an open bag of trail mix in your break room for the taking. Do you take it or not?

That's my situation right now. I'm leaving it. I don't know whos and where that persons grubby hands have been.

What a waste.

Depends on how many people you work with and if you know them or not.

Sounds like you are apprehensive about their cleanliness and probably made the right decision...haha

Depends on how many people you work with and if you know them or not.

Sounds like you are apprehensive about their cleanliness and probably made the right decision...haha

I'm relatively new and only know a few people outside my department. I would say there's about 50-70 people in my building?

You just never know, so I'd rather be safe than sick.

Eavesdropping. If you work in tight quarters or in cubicles, do you listen or try to zone it out?

I really do try to zone out. Most of my co-workers have really weird personal lives and it weirds me out to hear about it. Plus, I would hope they don't 'hear' my conversations. If I really am being discreet about something, I close my door.

Eavesdropping. If you work in tight quarters or in cubicles, do you listen or try to zone it out?
I really do try to zone out. Most of my co-workers have really weird personal lives and it weirds me out to hear about it. Plus, I would hope they don't 'hear' my conversations. If I really am being discreet about something, I close my door.

When I was in the corporate world, I would listen in if I was able to. I'd get all sorts of good gossip and get some heads up if I think something is going down (which was usually the case).

currently, I always listen in to conversations near me. I know its rude, but you'd find out some handy information at times.

When I was in the corporate world, I would listen in if I was able to. I'd get all sorts of good gossip and get some heads up if I think something is going down (which was usually the case).

currently, I always listen in to conversations near me. I know its rude, but you'd find out some handy information at times.

Me too. I won't spread gossip but I've always been nosy. Mainly because you find out all about what's going on at the office that you had no idea of. I also look at what's left in the fax machine and in the copier. Major work scoop is available that way. But I'm amazed at how many people fax and copy their personal stuff and leave it sitting. I've seen it all-- loan apps, divorce decrees, medical records, contractor estimates for really weird stuff (umm, that gets bolted into ceilings....in the bedroom) HR documents, rehab applications, plastic surgery before and afters, you name it.

So lockmat, in case you're not already convinced, don't eat the food.

My cubemate (is that a word?) was gone on assignment while I was chit chatting with a girl at work. suddenly she stopped talking in mid-sentence and I turned around to see her reach into the waste paper basket of my co-worker. We had a giggle fit.

Email (which he stupidly printed out...hard to believe he was getting a masters)from his girlfriend read: "....but I was particularly fond of the Downward Dog. We should try it again."

We couldn't contain our laughter and had to retreat into the stairwell when people were looking at us crazy.

Word to the wise on office gossip. As the old saying goes "The one you gossip with today, will gossip about you tomorrow"

or become your boss!

and yes, a corporate environment is one of the worse. The knife gets shaken up and down after its stabbed you in the back. and they love every moment of it. It's called clawing your way to the top.

Glad its in past . Oy vey!

My cubemate (is that a word?) was gone on assignment while I was chit chatting with a girl at work. suddenly she stopped talking in mid-sentence and I turned around to see her reach into the waste paper basket of my co-worker. We had a giggle fit.

Email (which he stupidly printed out...hard to believe he was getting a masters)from his girlfriend read: "....but I was particularly fond of the Downward Dog. We should try it again."

We couldn't contain our laughter and had to retreat into the stairwell when people were looking at us crazy.

ahhh, yoga. Great for the back and abdominal muscles

downward_dog.jpg

and fyi...I'm not necessarily talking about listening in on gossip, just whatever(like personal phone calls, etc). And I do not spread what I hear. I do my best to stay away from gossip.

Padded Lampposts Tested in London to Prevent Cell Phone Texting Injuries

A London street is experimenting with padded lampposts to protect those not paying attention from banging into them, ITN reports.

A study conducted by 118 118, a phone directory service, found that one in 10 people has been hurt while focusing on their cell phone instead of where they were walking, ITN reports.

full story

Last night I had a dream that the fingernail on my left hand index finger was oozing gray and tan puss/goo. Come to find out a former U.S. president (I don't know who) from a long, long time ago had the same condition and it killed him. I was scared and was about to make a doctor's appointment because I thought I was going to die. For some reason I was in a public place, so I decided to use the restroom before I called to make an appointment. I walked into the restroom with only two stalls and there were two women sitting on closed toilet seats feeding their toddlers Cheetos and gabbing. That was strange, I thought. They left eventually and I stepped into a stall. I never did anything; just kind of walked in and back out. There was a man in there with light brown hair wearing a red T-shirt and had stubble on his face. It startled me; I thought maybe he thought it was the men's room, so I kind of smiled and tried to make my way around him, but I looked down and he had a knife and a violent look on his face. Then my dream ended.

What would you make out of that?

Archived