Anything You Want

gwilson

Hmmm ... it really depends on the mood.

Sometimes I like southern-fried favorites like fried catfish, grits (with lots of cheese or butter .. .or both! no wonder my Doctor is screaming at me) and eggs over-medium.

Other times I like good bagels, cream cheese and lox (Einstein has my favorite with capers and onions on a great mixed-bagel), but they are hard to find here in my neck of the woods.

Sometimes I want a nice kolache and apple juice chaser.

Some day, like today I just skip breakfast cause I am really just not all that hungry.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breakfast food is best hours before it is supposed to be served, preferably with blurred vision and a slight slur.

Eggo buttermilk waffles with Ain't Ya'Mamma syrup is the best (buttered of course).

My fav breakfast dishes though are, in no particular order: eggs benedict, 3-cheese omelette with bacon, beignets, creamed chipped beef (SOS), biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, sausage patties (slightly well done on the outside), cereal (honey nut cheerios, life, oatmeal crisp, lucky charms, kixx, rice crispies), erm, I guess that's it. I'm sure I forgot something since there are so many yummy breakfast foods out there.

I really cut back on egg consumption. Maybe have one over-easy once a week.

I am afraid Slim fast is my breakfast for now, blah.

Of course Tel-Wink makes the most scrumptious eggs/grits and chicken fried steak ever. :rolleyes:

That place should have been built with a 2nd floor. Gets too packed.

I eat apples for lunch. I'm just wondering if yall might think it'd be annoying to hear someone chomping on an apple when it's quiet. I don't think it's a big deal, so I do it.

I do it all the time and my area is really quiet (all the Phd's are thinking around me) but it is not too obtrusive. If I think its bothersome I just walk into the break room and go at it like a beaver with big buck teeth. :)

Chisel, chisel!

ha, no.

I eat apples for lunch. I'm just wondering if yall might think it'd be annoying to hear someone chomping on an apple when it's quiet. I don't think it's a big deal, so I do it.

Lunch?

You gotta' be kiddin' me. Lunch is for wimps.

Or maybe in a past life I was Jimmy Dean's dog.

sausages!

rofl

Great commercial too.

Are you trying to prove to me that you are old by showing me a movie I've never seen or heard of?

jk

I only said you were big, not old :)

hahahahahahaha...well, I am a big guy, so I suppose it fits.

I was showing you the clip because it is in that clip where the "Lunch? You gotta be kiddin me, lunch is for wimps" bit came from.

Ok, so that was odd, G.

And anyway, you're, like, 30!

But Charlie Sheen is hot. And I think that is the only Oliver Stone movie not to incite right wingers to violence.

Sausages!!

What was odd about that? lol And I'm 29 thank you very much =P

Oliver Stone has a certain disdain for the right wing in spite of them making him rich.

I missed the lunch/wimp thing too. There was a lot going on in that clip.

Sausages!

V. sorry about the age thing. I know how it can be.

haha, no worries. I like getting older. It does take some getting used to though. Things that were commonly referenced that make no sense to the youngins, etc.

Getting older actually makes my work easier. For some reason, it is very difficult for most people to take someone in their 20s seriously. Especially their younger 20s. It doesn't matter if you've been working since 14, to them, you're still a party animal kid.

I was just browsing through this long-neglected thread, saw this briefly as I was scrolling down, and read the website as reserve-pot-in-heaven.com. And then my mind went straight to Jerry Garcia.

And then, further down, Vertigo was talking about the Ph.Ds where he works, and my mind went to "Jeremy Hillary Boob, fffffuD." The first person to tell me where that line comes from and to explain the situational context of the line gets a worthless digital prize.

...I'm clearly not getting enough sleep lately.

Ummm...sausages?

!

You and crunch saying that is so hot!

=/

Jimmy Dean Spicy Sausage of course...you perverts (I swear!)

I was just browsing through this long-neglected thread, saw this briefly as I was scrolling down, and read the website as reserve-pot-in-heaven.com. And then my mind went straight to Jerry Garcia.

And then, further down, Vertigo was talking about the Ph.Ds where he works, and my mind went to "Jeremy Hillary Boob, fffffuD." The first person to tell me where that line comes from and to explain the situational context of the line gets a worthless digital prize.

...I'm clearly not getting enough sleep lately.

Melatonin. It works wonders. 1x300McG and you'll get 8 blissful hours of actual sleep with no groggyness.

I really need to start taking it again.

Melatonin. It works wonders. 1x300McG and you'll get 8 blissful hours of actual sleep with no groggyness.

I really need to start taking it again.

I have no trouble actually getting to sleep once I'm in bed. In fact, I've got a nasty habit of sleeping until after nine or ten on workdays. The hard part most nights is tearing myself away from work, investment planning and execution, personal obligations, and of course HAIF.

Tonight is no exception, on all counts.

I have no trouble actually getting to sleep once I'm in bed. In fact, I've got a nasty habit of sleeping until after nine or ten on workdays. The hard part most nights is tearing myself away from work, investment planning and execution, personal obligations, and of course HAIF.

Tonight is no exception, on all counts.

I'm right there with you. I've been saying "Go to bed. I'm going to bed in 10 minutes. Let me check my email, then I'll go to bed." for the past, erm, six hours.

DOH.

Im going to bed.

The Tx Lottery actually creates some pretty hilarious ads. There is the one out now about the guy that has a kangaroo as his pal. In the begining they are at a wedding and when the bride tosses the bouquet the roo (wearing a tux) flies in the air and catches. Every second of this ad is a riot. Especially at the end when they show the roo's paw filling out a lotto card. I have to see all the way to the end even if I am looking from another room. Pure genius! :D

Can anyone find these commericals on Youtube? I tried no luck, rats.

Archived