Anything You Want

gwilson

I linked to a picture of one. And I don't want a super long one that's really loud. I just like the general style. It's plain and simple yet keeps you cool.

Dude, If I were you I would just one custom made. Maybe that sounds easy for me since mom would or could sew just about anything. It looks simple to make, really.

In fact if you can have that done you can choose as many as you want. You can pick out the colors, etc. Everyone has their own style. Would seem comfortable in our weather in summer but not now. Brrrr.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, If I were you I would just one custom made. Maybe that sounds easy for me since mom would or could sew just about anything. It looks simple to make, really.

In fact if you can have that done you can choose as many as you want. You can pick out the colors, etc. Everyone has their own style. Would seem comfortable in our weather in summer but not now. Brrrr.

You see them a lot in certain African countries. They certainly don't look like abominations as one user pointed out.

Ooh ... the old occult argument eh?

Hehehe :P

I was just thinking about that this weekend. I asked myself, I wonder if anyone has ever brought up that subject. I mean it is under controvercial? I'll sit this one out.

I alway like Morris the cat though, with his snide little jabs. His owner was always so high spirited & perky it bugged him. He was quite the star.

morris.jpg

You see them a lot in certain African countries. They certainly don't look like abominations as one user pointed out.

But they aren't really common in Africa at all. That is why it confounds me when people wear them as "African attire".

Searching for ufo stuff, I found a link and tried to go to the website, except my company blocked it. The reason I thought to be quite funny...

"Non-Traditional Religions and Occult and Folklore"

Your company could get in trouble for that. Discrimination against any religion it deems non-traditional could be a wind fall for a litigious pagan.

Your company could get in trouble for that. Discrimination against any religion it deems non-traditional could be a wind fall for a litigious pagan.

Well it's a huge international company w/ many different nationalities. But then again, they could probably block all religious sites, couldn't they? They're not required to give us internet access.

They're not required to give us internet access.

Thats true so they figure why complain. Have you seen articles of how much company time and $$$ employees waste online during work hours? Yikes!

Most of us are normally in a hurry so we miss certain words or replies so thats how we get beat up later. Oh well nature of the beast right. :D

Thats true so they figure why complain. Have you seen articles of how much company time and $$$ employees waste online during work hours? Yikes!

Were it not for the internet, time and money would be wasted some other way. Plus, I'm of the opinion eight hours is too long anyway, depending on the job. With less work time, I think people would work more efficiently.

Boy am I glad this thread exists because I need a place for today's rant:

Dr. Shelly Sekula-Gibbs, thanks for ruining my morning commute! :angry2:

Your hugely obnoxious campaign sign on the gulf freeway at 59 assaulted me today. Dr Sekula-Gibbs, you have erected the most annoying political sign I have ever seen. It offends my sensibilities more than having to look at Joel Osteen's mug every 1/2 mile, and that's saying something. It is more obnoxious than Carol Alvarado's name everywhere I turn, and that's really saying something.

Dr. Sekula-Gibbs, you cannot lose this race fast enough.

Were it not for the internet, time and money would be wasted some other way. Plus, I'm of the opinion eight hours is too long anyway, depending on the job. With less work time, I think people would work more efficiently.

I agree.

Boy am I glad this thread exists because I need a place for today's rant:

Dr. Shelly Sekula-Gibbs, thanks for ruining my morning commute! :angry2:

Your hugely obnoxious campaign sign on the gulf freeway at 59 assaulted me today. Dr Sekula-Gibbs, you have erected the most annoying political sign I have ever seen. It offends my sensibilities more than having to look at Joel Osteen's mug every 1/2 mile, and that's saying something. It is more obnoxious than Carol Alvarado's name everywhere I turn, and that's really saying something.

Dr. Sekula-Gibbs, you cannot lose this race fast enough.

One day she came in for a lunch & learn conference at a place I worked at about 2 years ago. She described her experience's during hurricane Katrina/Rita. Had nothing to do with the Oil/Gas/Energy world?

She later got famous for that "unplanned" restroom stop at the voting booth incident.

One thing I really really hate is biting into and egg shell while eating my eggs. ugh!! make me wanna barf. I think it's worse than having hair in the food.

sorry 'bout that sev, hope the damage isn't too bad and they at least left their info.

Today's rant for me is targeted at:

people who back large vehicles out of driveways without looking and hit a parked car (mine).

oh, and folks who speed through inner-campus streets at Rice.

hit and run is covered by uninsured motorist so your deductable should be lower if you decide to get it fix.

I'll let someone else appropriatly begin and name this thread...

More units coming to the Gables Upper Kirby complex

Gables Residential is adding to its Gables Upper Kirby apartment complex near West Alabama and Revere.

The developer is expanding on about two acres it recently acquired that includes the Little Woodrow's bar at 2301 W. Alabama. Nick Menage, Little Woodrow's general manager, said the bar will close on March 2.

The Gables project, which could have some street-level retail and up to 150 apartments, will be adding to the hundreds of new units already under construction in this area.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/hei...ws/5483750.html

Oh, the lady came to the door and was very apologetic. She knows the neighbors, and i am not worried about flight.

I just don't have the time or energy to deal with it at the moment.

Brings back bad memory. back in the 80's I had my car parked in the street (for just a few minutes) while I ran in to get something. Heard my neighbor knockiing on the door. She told me someone hit my car in a truck and split! I ran out and all of the fender and door was caved in broken lights etc. Neighbor said she barely got a glimpse as she sat on her lawn chair as the truck passed by. She said driver was a woman and even looked right at her as she backed up and put her truck in to gear and hit the gas. :angry:

I never park in front any more.

Anyone ever notice all the lots in NYC? When is development gonna pick up there?

n159900085_30241999_3248.jpg

They will remain as parking lots until the money they bring in charging people $40 for a couple hours is outweighed by the value to sell.

Parking lots in NYC make TONS of money.

If it were me, I'd sell but require, as part of the terms, some ridiculous lease agreement for the bottom floor(s) to maintain a parking garage there. Have cake, eat it to.

Everyone sure is doing their best to get in on this green living racket, aren't they?

What is going to happen when people realize that the premiums being paid to developers who sell "green" products are completely unnecessary and that the things they implement are common sense and will be done by any builder worth their salt (I'd like to think of myself as such).

It simply makes sense to make things sustainable. You don't have to be a tree hugger or pay a premium to do these things.

Archived