Anything You Want

gwilson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody know where I could find a plaid basketball? I've looked on the net, but get a bunch of hits for apparel.

No, but I know where you can get a nice paisley bb. WTF - why would you be looking for such a thing?

What does Option Pending mean on har.com? That someone has put an offer on the house?

Thanks

Sorta. But not really. It's more like a period when the buyer (for a small deposit/fee) has exclusive access to a property and can inspect the property more closely. If they like it they submit an offer. If not then walk way.

I've had a property in option pending only to find termites. And WAY too much termite damage. I said no thanks. Saved me thousands. All I lost was $150 (i think that's how much it was).

Sorta. But not really. It's more like a period when the buyer (for a small deposit/fee) has exclusive access to a property and can inspect the property more closely. If they like it they submit an offer. If not then walk way.

I've had a property in option pending only to find termites. And WAY too much termite damage. I said no thanks. Saved me thousands. All I lost was $150 (i think that's how much it was).

It is still an offer, but revocable based on findings during option period. I don't think you can just say, "I don't want it," but you can say you don't like the color of the first step or anything like that to get out of the option. They will usually continue to show the property through the option period.

Even though you have an option period to cancel the contract, you are still bound by the terms of a contractual offer. You make a bid first, then go into option period. Lockmat is correct.

What does Option Pending mean on har.com? That someone has put an offer on the house?

Thanks

You haven't had a good answer yet. There is a difference between "Option Pending" and merely "Pending" on har.com.

A prospective buyer who purchases an option on a property basically holds a first right of refusal on the sale of the property to a third party on the condition that they are willing (and able) to purchase the property at a price that is part of the option contract and also on the condition that the option has not expired. In practice, this isn't profoundly different from using the standard TREC forms and enjoying a feasibility period before "going hard" on the contract. But there is a difference.

Uncomfortable moments I don't like: when walking towards someone for a long time down a long hall at work

anyone remember *cool feelings* on krbe??

Can't you just smile and look straight ahead without even looking at them?

You haven't had a good answer yet. There is a difference between "Option Pending" and merely "Pending" on har.com.

A prospective buyer who purchases an option on a property basically holds a first right of refusal on the sale of the property to a third party on the condition that they are willing (and able) to purchase the property at a price that is part of the option contract and also on the condition that the option has not expired. In practice, this isn't profoundly different from using the standard TREC forms and enjoying a feasibility period before "going hard" on the contract. But there is a difference.

This is true.

Would you do this?

Coming into the parking lot a little while ago, I see a well-built guy with his shirt off, in gym shorts walking into the building. He was going to our company gym facility, obviously.

This is a big parking lot, during lunch hours. I just didn't understand it. Actually I do but...

Maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he had his window down and the wind ripped it off or he was being mugged and the guy ripped it off as he was getting away????

Would you do this?

Coming into the parking lot a little while ago, I see a well-built guy with his shirt off, in gym shorts walking into the building. He was going to our company gym facility, obviously.

This is a big parking lot, during lunch hours. I just didn't understand it. Actually I do but...

Maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he had his window down and the wind ripped it off or he was being mugged and the guy ripped it off as he was getting away????

I personally think it is trashy for anybody to go anywhere with their shirt off, but that's just me. At the same time, it makes for good eye candy.

Shirtless in the parking lot is fine, but he should have gone to his trunk and put on a damn shirt prior to entering a place of business.

No shirt, no shoes, no service!

Shirtless in the parking lot is fine, but he should have gone to his trunk and put on a damn shirt prior to entering a place of business.

No shirt, no shoes, no service!

but this is at WORK, not 24 Hour Fitness.

crazy i tell ya

ha, he made you look, though! which I'm sure was his intent. I bet he also grunts in the gym. Yuk.

Yep, I'm sure that was his intent alright. But actually, I first noticed because he was on my tail driving into the company drive way. I was wondering/hoping he was in a rush for a meeting or something. So I stayed in the car for a sec to figure out, "who is this guy?"...and then I saw him.

In other news... :)

Burger King unveils new, upscale prototype

Metallic finishes. Ceramic tile with a rustic wood look. Black accents. A chandelier that looks like a flame.

Burger King Corp.'s new prototype store, located at 8523 Spring Cypress Road in Spring, Texas, was unveiled last week and is intended to propel the dining experience beyond its competition as well carry the chain's branding into the future.

http://www.qsrweb.com/article.php?id=14654&na=1

Woohoo, a nicer drivethrough to get my Whopper Juniors in. Now I'll really feel like a King.

Would you do this?

Call security.

You might remember this thread

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...rt=#entry308379

While I do not buy all of what Florida pitches, I do find how his social theories interesting in that they are intertwined with a great deal of what people who advocate sustainable development are saying. The economic aspect of his theories are, well, flaccid.

As far as FW is concerned, I think they need to decide if they want to be truly urban or if they are more like a bedroom community/neighborhood or edge city. The answer to that question may depend on commuter rail. It also may depend how they perceive the use of their Downtown (or should I call it the Bass Family District - the BFD?). They could be a viable Uptown/Galleria or Buckhead of the Metroplex. However, if they want to be a distinct, urban environment, they may need to pay attention to Florida. Personally, I think they need to pay attention to their Metroplex role. There's the rub.

Oh, BTW, we should probably just create a Richard Florida thread. The way Niche argues with him, he might as well be a member. ^_^

You might remember this thread

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...rt=#entry308379

Oh, BTW, we should probably just create a Richard Florida thread. The way Niche argues with him, he might as well be a member. ^_^

Oh, lord don't do that. He's the Rachel Ray of urbanists. His bubble should have burst along with the dotcommers, after his first mainstream book.

---Florida, not Niche. Although one could argue the overexposure thing both ways.

;)

Archived