Quanell X going on the right path?

ricco67

I've had problems with Quanell X in the past pitting the black community against the police and saying that they can't do any wrong. EVERY incident that involved a police shooting a black suspect, he always seemed to give the black community a free pass.

It seems like that might be changing a little bit.

Recently during a community meeting on Thursday, Quanell X said that while the police MAY have over-reacted in their handling of black suspects, more often than not, the suspects themselves were generally under the inflluence of drugs and have asked that the community to (if the report is accurate) say "no" to drugs.

I find this incredible that it took Quanell X this long to come to this conclusion. Do you think this is just another game he's playing or is he finally fed up with a community that seems to not be helping itself in these situations?

<h1 class="firstHeading">

</h1>

I've had problems with Quanell X in the past pitting the black community against the police and saying that they can't do any wrong. EVERY incident that involved a police shooting a black suspect, he always seemed to give the black community a free pass.

It seems like that might be changing a little bit.

Recently during a community meeting on Thursday, Quanell X said that while the police MAY have over-reacted in their handling of black suspects, more often than not, the suspects themselves were generally under the inflluence of drugs and have asked that the community to (if the report is accurate) say "no" to drugs.

I find this incredible that it took Quanell X this long to come to this conclusion. Do you think this is just another game he's playing or is he finally fed up with a community that seems to not be helping itself in these situations?

<h1 class="firstHeading">

</h1>

Ricco, was this before or after Quannel said that the Bloods and Crips needed to band together and make war against the police ?

"It's soon to come to an end, and this city will burn if they don't do something about these killer cops. I don't want to see that, and I'm not advocating that. But I'm speaking to the hurt and the pain of the people."

"Soon, the Bloods and the Crips and the north and south side are going to stop fighting each other. They're gonna see the cops as the natural enemy. And when that happens, only God can handle what happens after that." Quanell on "X"

If they could just make a statue in his honor and a movie. This is all he wants. Maybe he will cool down, go away once this is done? After all he is a sort of good actor. When cameras stop rolling, he's just a regular Joe. No shouting, etc.

I was kidding ricco,

and all this time I thought he was a born and raised Houstonian. There was a recent story in the paper of his background and that he is from LA? He has had his share of trouble with the authorities. Not sure how we ended up with him though. Isn't he supposed to be preacher too?

You will see him change or come around in years to come. Remember Jew Don Boney? He was pretty radical before he changed in order to be elected to city council. I see Quanell X doing the same one day. In order for him to be elected, he will have to change his radical ways. I see that happening in a few years, so this stance by him might be that gradual transition.

If he is ever elected in an official capacity I am moving. No one like this should be representing our city. There are far more qualified people out there who generally care for everyone, not just one class or race of people! This man is tearing up Dr. Kings dream! -- It is sad that people support this man who is a Black Panther! -- I don't see anyone toting around with the KKK!

I think he is still, by far, one of the most racist individuals around.

Only whites can be racists. It's only the white people who are oppressors and supporters of corporate America. Only white people are the bad guys. Everyone else is okay. White people suck. That's the message of the media anyway, so you must be a white guy who hates blacks.

And remember, if you criticize anyone who is Black, then that's proof you're a racist.

Only whites can be racists. It's only the white people who are oppressors and supporters of corporate America. Only white people are the bad guys. Everyone else is okay. White people suck. That's the message of the media anyway, so you must be a white guy who hates blacks.

And remember, if you criticize anyone who is Black, then that's proof you're a racist.

werd

Blah blah blah. Both sides can sound pretty ignorant per usual. Why can we just accept that we do not know the ins and outs of different communities, that's not just with race, but social classes, religion, sexual orientation, etc., and when we act like we do we just sound cliche and and act as parrots and repeat what we hear from the main stream media.

Blah blah blah. Both sides can sound pretty ignorant per usual. Why can we just accept that we do not know the ins and outs of different communities, that's not just with race, but social classes, religion, sexual orientation, etc., and when we act like we do we just sound cliche and and act as parrots and repeat what we hear from the main stream media.

Fine and dandy, but Mr. X is still a blatant racist and uses race as a divisive issue.

Most people never bother to think for themselves and so they do just repeat what others have said. I wonder how many of us really go out to hear anyone speak live and in-person to get more than just the 5p sound bites.

Fine and dandy, but Mr. X is still a blatant racist and uses race as a divisive issue.

OK that's fine although I would say throwing that out is a powerful statement. There are people that fight for individuals in all different communites: amimals, gays, hispanics, women, the poor, blacks, the environment, etc and I guess some people do not like how they go about fighting some issues. If you think racial injustice is not still an issue then I am sorry you are that naive. If I were Quanell I personally would not fight for the rights of one group exclusively, although we all know he has not, but he is not the only individual that has a passionate agenda that does not cover a rainbow of different groups.

edit: Looking for poster that will say, ".....then where is my NAAWP?" or something like that.

If I were Quanell I personally would not fight for the rights of one group exclusively, although we all know he has not, but he is not the only individual that has a passionate agenda that does not cover a rainbow of different groups.

You know, I think you are right on a lot of this. I was reading an article about the recent fires in California and groups of immigrants (illegals in many cases) living in the hills and mountains were displaced, some killed, and they are flying under the radar.

Now, no matter where you are on the illegal immigration debate, these are still human beings that deserve care and medical attention in this crisis. The fires don't discriminate against who speaks English or Spanish. It also went on to say that many of these people don't speak Spanish as they are many who are Indian and so speak an entirely different language.

Man ... we got some messed up stuff going on all over the place.

OK that's fine although I would say throwing that out is a powerful statement. There are people that fight for individuals in all different communites: amimals, gays, hispanics, women, the poor, blacks, the environment, etc and I guess some people do not like how they go about fighting some issues. If you think racial injustice is not still an issue then I am sorry you are that naive. If I were Quanell I personally would not fight for the rights of one group exclusively, although we all know he has not, but he is not the only individual that has a passionate agenda that does not cover a rainbow of different groups.

edit: Looking for poster that will say, ".....then where is my NAAWP?" or something like that.

You give him far too much credit. He is a racist who uses race to fuel his own media hype which he profits from. He is no different than Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.

But hey, I'm just a white guy, so I must be the racist jerk.

Nope, Toggle3 is not online today, you will not get your wish.

Excuse me, but Toggle3 definitely was online today, spreading his/her particular brand of enlightenment. You must have missed it.

QUOTE(Toggle3 @ Monday, October 29th, 2007 @ 10:38am) *

OTM (other than Mexican) arrests for unlawful entry into the United States are a pittance compared to the arrests made of Mexican nationals unlawfully present in the U.S.

Federal statutes are clear: if a foreign national (alien) doesn't go through a port of entry and doesn't have a visa to enter, he/she is to be deported.

It does not matter WHY they crossed the border illegally. Who cares?

I couldn't care less WHY any border-jumper breaks into our country. Foreign nationals should stay in their own country and fix the problems in their own country. They should not causing problems in my country and then demanding me (and millions of other American citizens) to pay for their education, to pay for their healthcare, to pay for their roads, to pay for their clean air, to pay for their....anything.

I'm sick of paying for illegal aliens. I'm sick of hearing Spanish more than English and I'm sick of politicos doing nothing.

Deport the illegal aliens already.

Excuse me, but Toggle3 definitely was online today, spreading his/her particular brand of enlightenment. You must have missed it.

QUOTE(Toggle3 @ Monday, October 29th, 2007 @ 10:38am) *

OTM (other than Mexican) arrests for unlawful entry into the United States are a pittance compared to the arrests made of Mexican nationals unlawfully present in the U.S.

Federal statutes are clear: if a foreign national (alien) doesn't go through a port of entry and doesn't have a visa to enter, he/she is to be deported.

It does not matter WHY they crossed the border illegally. Who cares?

I couldn't care less WHY any border-jumper breaks into our country. Foreign nationals should stay in their own country and fix the problems in their own country. They should not causing problems in my country and then demanding me (and millions of other American citizens) to pay for their education, to pay for their healthcare, to pay for their roads, to pay for their clean air, to pay for their....anything.

I'm sick of paying for illegal aliens. I'm sick of hearing Spanish more than English and I'm sick of politicos doing nothing.

Deport the illegal aliens already.

I caught an interview with former Mexican president Vincente Fox on Tavis Smiley's show (you can get the podcast if interested in hearing him) and some of what he said was ... wild. He basically asserts that America needs Mexican immigrants (not sure if he meant legal or illegal, but let's just say illegal ... I guess that by extension also means every other illegal immigrant) and that we should not be afraid of a guest worker program because most of the people that come here want to only work and then go home (back to Mexico) each year ...

I think he was smoking crack before the interview if he really believes that.

Archived