Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

I would get any of the Phaeton's competitors than the Phaeton. Over 8 years of the Phaeton, it was great when it was released, but little design change inside and out. Its a boring design now.

I was never a big fan of the Phaeton, but I couldn't stand that every review of it the writer would question why a manufacturer whose name means "People's Car" was making a luxury vehicle. As if the brand name were relevant.

I was never a big fan of the Phaeton, but I couldn't stand that every review of it the writer would question why a manufacturer whose name means "People's Car" was making a luxury vehicle. As if the brand name were relevant.

Well it kinda does... depends on what their strategy is...

2012 Hyundai Accent ( Verna in China )

hyundai-verna-1280-07.jpg

hyundai-verna-1280-06.jpg

hyundai-verna-1280-21.jpg

Power is slated to come from either a 1.4- or 1.6-liter inline-four, producing 106 horsepower and 120 hp, respectively, with a standard five-speed manual gearbox or four-speed automatic. Expect the U.S. version to come packing the larger four-pot when it goes on sale early next year

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/23/beijing-2010-2011-hyundai-accent-debuts-as-verna-across-the-pac/

Gran Coupe ( 2012 6-Series, 4-Door Coupe Sedan)

p90059854.jpg

p90059857.jpg

For years, German media reports have suggested the new 6-Series will be offered in two- and four-door varieties. While it’s not known if the Concept Gran Coupe is intended for production, the vehicle is a clear answer to the Mercedes-Benz CLS.

BMW is keeping quite on any production plans for the Gran Coupe, but an announcement could be made as early as this fall’s Paris Motor Show.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-concept-gran-coupe.html

Gran Coupe ( 2012 6-Series, 4-Door Coupe Sedan)

Not bad looking at all.

Mercedes CLS 'Shooting Break' concept:

mb-cls-sblarge022.jpg

Mercedes and BMW used to be known for relatively restrained designs. Now they seem to have swung to the opposite pole with overstyled things like this.

True. The days of Bruno Sacco and Paul Bracq are long gone.

In all fairness BMW has pulled it back a bit with the latest 5- and 7-Series, both of which are more elegant than their predecessors. Buy a Mercedes larded up with styling cliches like that though, and in five years it is just going to look dated.

• 2 weeks later...

Urbannizer you must really dig some Hyundai and Kia! I never thought I would be so educated about their upcoming models, but you make sure I am.

Lol I do. Their line up of vehicles are being redesigned ; new models are being added. Kias and Hyundais are looking better than they ever did before.

Lol I do. Their line up of vehicles are being redesigned ; new models are being added. Kias and Hyundais are looking better than they ever did before.

I wonder where their quality stands in relation to other manufactuereressreres.

• 3 weeks later...

Ford kills Mercury to expand Lincoln lineup

by Steven J. Ewing on Jun 2nd 2010 at 4:00PM

Over the last ten years, Mercury's sales numbers have plummeted, and currently, the brand only accounts for 0.8 percent of Ford Motor Company's overall market share. In a press conference this afternoon with Mark Fields, Ford's president of the Americas, and Derrick Kuzak, group vice president of product development, the automaker has officially announced that Mercury will be discontinued in the fourth quarter of this year.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/02/ford-kills-mercury-to-expand-lincoln/

Edited by Urbannizer

2011 Vokswagen Polo

db2010au00645large.jpg

db2010au00644large.jpg

Volkswagen finally unveiled its new sub-compact Polo sedan in Moscow today, billing it as the first ever VW developed specifically for the Russian market. While Russia may be the first market for the trunked Polo, it isn't likely to have an exclusive on it for long. The Polo sedan is expected to make its way to North America within the next 12 months as part of VW's drive to expand its sales here to 800,000 units a year by 2018.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/02/officially-official-2011-volkswagen-polo-sedan-unveiled-in-russ/

So I saw the new Rolls Royce Ghost on the street.

2010-rolls-royce-ghost-side-588x346.jpg

My first reaction was "Hey! That's the new Roller!" My second reaction was "It's got really big door handles!"

Have'nt seen one in person yet but, after looking at reviews; pictures of the Ghost, I like it a lot. Its better than the Phantom and its selling well.

Have'nt seen one in person yet but, after looking at reviews; pictures of the Ghost, I like it a lot. Its better than the Phantom and its selling well.

Selling well by Rolls Royce standards, I presume you mean. You're not likely to see many in the mall parking lot.

It is a very handsome car though. The proportions are great, and they didn't go overboard with the current overwrought design cliches like, say, Mercedes. Just to prove my geekhood, I did take a picture when I passed it.

And how about this?

pvjf6rxvj0bq.jpg

^The Bugatti Veyron, its to wide and the grill is shaped in and odd way. I do like how part of the side of the vehicle goes inward under the door. All in all its okay, I would'nt buy one if I had the $$$. Its to sporty and high performance for my taste.

I do like, the Bugatti 16C Galiber. Its a concept as of now but it may go into production.

bugatti-galibier-large_3.jpg

Edited by Urbannizer

^The Bugatti Veyron, its to wide and the grill is shaped in and odd way. I do like how part of the side of the vehicle goes inward under the door. All in all its okay, I would'nt buy one if I had the $$. Its to sporty and high performance for my taste.

I do like, the Bugatti 16C Galiber. Its a concept as of now but it may go into production.

bugatti-galibier-large_3.jpg

But is it good enough for nice short drives along the gulf, and is there a floating option? :)

• Like 1

^The Bugatti Veyron, its to wide and the grill is shaped in and odd way. I do like how part of the side of the vehicle goes inward under the door. All in all its okay, I would'nt buy one if I had the $$$. Its to sporty and high performance for my taste.

I tend to agree, but I would add that it comes off much better in person than in photos. If you are going to pop $1.7m for a car it's safe to assume you want something pretty dramatic.