Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

Wow...I would be upset if my dinky car got submerged - I can't even imagine driving something like that on the road let alone keeping it in a maximum security garage. I guess the point is that cars like that are enjoyable to own and drive? Not so much. :wacko:

Low-flying pelican prompts man to drive $2M Bugatti Veyron into La Marque lagoon

I dont know whether to laugh or cry !!

http://www.khou.com/news/pelican-bugatti-veyron-la-marque-lagoon-69851412.html

Warning. If you see a Bugatti Veyron for sale it might have a little water damage.

story

How did you switch accounts so fast? :P

Low-flying pelican prompts man to drive $2M Bugatti Veyron into La Marque lagoon

I dont know whether to laugh or cry !!

http://www.khou.com/news/pelican-bugatti-veyron-la-marque-lagoon-69851412.html

The man jerked the wheel, dropped his cell phone, and the car’s front tire left the frontage road and entered a muddy patch, which foiled his attempt to maneuver away from the lagoon.

I think I see the problem here.

2010 E Class Convertible, with odd paint job:

EClass2.jpg

EConvertible.jpg

Buick considering Regal Wagon?

I rode in an E-class coupe this weekend. They call it an E-class coupe, but it's closer to the C-class than the E-class.

For those who don't know the history, the E-class coupe was replaced by the CLK-class in 1996. The CLK looked similar to the E-class, but wasn't on the same chassis. Previous to the CLK's introduction, coupes, sedans and wagons were all built on the same chassis. This E-class coupe is not built on the same chassis as the sedan and upcoming wagon, it's still a CLK but with a name change to make MB's naming nomenclature easier to understand. Gone are the days when their US lineup was just simply the 300D/CD/TD, 300SD, 380SL, 380SE/SEL and 500SEL.

I rode in an E-class coupe this weekend. They call it an E-class coupe, but it's closer to the C-class than the E-class.

For those who don't know the history, the E-class coupe was replaced by the CLK-class in 1996. The CLK looked similar to the E-class, but wasn't on the same chassis. Previous to the CLK's introduction, coupes, sedans and wagons were all built on the same chassis. This E-class coupe is not built on the same chassis as the sedan and upcoming wagon, it's still a CLK but with a name change to make MB's naming nomenclature easier to understand. Gone are the days when their US lineup was just simply the 300D/CD/TD, 300SD, 380SL, 380SE/SEL and 500SEL.

There is a the CLK and the CLS. I dont own an MB so I'm a little unsure where those fit in their lineup.

Definitely like the S60, but I'm not a fan of the Jetta. The tail is attractive, but I don't like the front end, at least compared to the outgoing one. Too generic. Wonder if the new Passat replacement will be as bland?

I think Volkswagen (and Toyota) both feel that bland is what generally sells, so they try to design cars that don't stick out too much.

I guess the Charger is an improvement, but it's still not anything I would want to drive.

I've never been a fan of the latter-day Charger, but after having ridden in a coworker's SRT-8, I can say that 425 horsepower goes quite a ways toward mitigating its styling shortcomings.