Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

I believe Hyndai is a more upmarket brand in various other markets. Somewhat like what Lexus is here. I think the Genesis shows a little bit of what we have been missing. I hear the car is great but I've not read any reviews. Someone here at work has one and they love it. We'll see.

Hyundai and the other Korean brands have always had some expensive cars in their home market, but I don't believe Hyundai overall would really be considered "upmarket" in any other market or even remotely comparable to Lexus.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the 2008 Honda Accord? In pictures it comes off as kind of ugly and loaded with styling cliches. Why have they turned the Accord into such a boat? I guess it is the first law of car manufacturing that for some reason, each generation needs to be bigger than the last.

600-Accord-span.jpg

I kinda like it in certain colors and mod levels. I think Acura is driving the ship these days, and the new Acura (based on the same body design) is a beast!

I kinda like it in certain colors and mod levels. I think Acura is driving the ship these days, and the new Acura (based on the same body design) is a beast!

Which Acura, the TL?

2009_acura_tl_large.jpg

Btw I wish Acura would switch back to words to name their cars. I can never remember the letter code without looking it up.

Which Acura, the TL?

2009_acura_tl_lage.jpg

Btw I wish Acura would switch back to words to name their cars. I can never remember the letter code without looking it up.

I wish they would make their cars larger and sportier. Right now they are all just overpriced hondas. No thanks.

4Runners are nice now, but they resemble nothing of what they originally started as. I had a 1990 one and love it. Back in college a friend had an even older one that was basically a truck with a permanent bed cover and a back seat. The engine is way better now than it was, much more efficient and more powerful. But it's a mom car now. no more truck. I wish I had kept mine.

The Mahindra Pick - Up and Scorpio is coming to the U.S. Expect the pick-up to be here by the end of 2009 and the SUV in 2010.

Black%20front%20three%20fourth.jpg

Rear%20threefourth.jpg

mahindra-pickup.jpg

The pickup will be the first light duty diesel powered pickup we've had here in the US in a while. I hope it does well. It'll appeal to folks who want a truck for basic hauling needs and don't need a bunch of extra bells and whistles.

The pickup will be the first light duty diesel powered pickup we've had here in the US in a while. I hope it does well. It'll appeal to folks who want a truck for basic hauling needs and don't need a bunch of extra bells and whistles.

Boy, I don't know. I think it's going to be hard to pry people out of their mega-trucks.

I'm still waiting for the next generation Nissan Titan and the return of the Q45. Anyone have renderings of either?

You will be waiting for awhile on the Titan renderings. Nissan doesnt even know what they are doing yet.

They had a deal with Dodge to offer a re-badged Ram, but that fell through when they merged with Fiat.

Now Nissan is scrambling to come up with a backup plan. Chances are, the "next generation" Titan will simply be a sheetmetal refresh of the current product.