Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

Honda will have a version of this called Crosstour. I don't quite get the fastback SUV craze. I think it all started with the Aztek.

I think the Crosstour is more like the Toyota Venza, while this Acura model is more like the X6. I still cannot believe that Honda sunk precious resources into this thing. It's ugly from every angle. And they still don't have a V8 luxury sedan to compete with the likes of Lexus and the Germans. They can justify their RL's V6 all day long, but they aren't fooling anyone but themselves.

The new Leaf is not attractive. The rear and front looks terrible imo.

leaf-r34-555.jpg

Acura's new grille looks better on its SUV's. I like the MDX.

What a lie. "The Leaf" must be plugged in. So that electric factories can recharge it.

smoke%20stack-jj-001.jpg

Doesn't look like zero emission to me.

The new Leaf is not attractive. The rear and front looks terrible imo.

leaf-r34-555.jpg

Acura's new grille looks better on its SUV's. I like the MDX.

The Leaf reminds me of the AMC Pacer.

AMC_Pacer_01.jpg

What a lie. "The Leaf" must be plugged in. So that electric factories can recharge it.

Doesn't look like zero emission to me.

It's all relative. It takes more energy to produce a electric vehicles vs. a comparable internal combustion engine vehicle due to the battery packs. But electric power plants are far, far more efficient than any vehicle's internal combustion engine. And there are plenty of green electricity providers to choose from, resulting in environmentally friendly refueling. Assuming similar life spans, I would think the electric vehicle would be "greener" than any ICE vehicle due to the lifetime avoidance of gasoline and related environmental hazards and pollution.

Lexus IS 350 C

2010lexusiscf-sportprofile.jpg

Lexus HS 250

lexus0hs250-950.jpg

A few years ago, I told my mom that one day, Toyota was gonna slap a Lexus logo on a Corolla and market it here. With the HS 250, it looks like that day is sorta here. I say "sorta" because it doesn't share the exact sheet metal with the Corolla, but I bet it has some Corolla underpinnings in there somewhere.

The IS coupe doesn't look bad, kinda Sebring-ish though. The c-pillar and trunklid look a little funky to me, and the front end looks a tad bland.

Speaking of funky c-pillars and such, has anyone seen the rear side window design on the 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-class coupe? I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with the small window partition there. I don't like it, it takes away from the traditional, clean, pillarless coupe design that MB was known for.

2010_mercedes_benz_e_class_main.jpg

I'm guessing that the E-class coupe quarter window is there to make the rear window a tad smaller so that it can be opened further without hitting the wheel well.

If you like the look of the retractable roof Lexus IS350C, but don't want to spring for the bling, may I suggest the new Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet?

3103984150-ford-focus-coupe-cabriolet.jpg

If you like the look of the retractable roof Lexus IS350C, but don't want to spring for the bling, may I suggest the new Ford Focus Coupe Cabriolet?

3103984150-ford-focus-coupe-cabriolet.jpg

I think I'll rather go with the IS350 C.

This is the new 2011 Saab 9-5. For some reason I like it. I think its the top. I also like the headlights and the LED taillights. The rear looks kinda weird though.

9-5_1.jpg

9-5_2.jpg

9-5_3.jpg

9-5_4.jpg

9-5_int.jpg

2012 Tesla S: The second vehicle from Tesla.

Tesla_1.jpg

Tesla_2.jpg

Edited by UpuPUp!

I think I'll rather go with the IS350 C.

This is the new 2011 Saab 9-5. For some reason I like it. I think its the top. I also like the headlights and the LED taillights. The rear looks kinda weird though.

9-5_1.jpg

9-5_2.jpg

9-5_3.jpg

9-5_4.jpg

9-5_int.jpg

That c-pillar seems to pay homage to the first generation Saab 900 (what's with me and c-pillars?).

I think Im holding out for the new Taurus SHO... I need a new work car to just get to work. I already have the Super Duty... but I miss the handling of a car... ugh. What should I get?

I was thinking about the new Taurus SHO too. I don't know if I should still check it out. I don't know what you should get. I compare vehicles that I like, such as seeing which one comes with more accessories/options as standard, test drive them and choose the one that best fits me.

Edited by UpuPUp!

2010 CTS Wagon. A CTS-V Wagon is in the works.

Now THAT I could get into. Ever since the M-B AMG wagon came on the scene, I have always had a thing for sporty estates. When we were shopping for a utility-type car back in 2007, I had my heart set on an 07 Volvo V70R...300hp, AWD, a total rocket sled. Settled on an XC70, but one day I will get my way. I'm currently hot and heavy for the 328i Touring with M package. A CTS wagon would be a great niche product for those who want fast, yet need the space and want to buy American. How many people are there like this in the US? Like I said, a niche product, but Cadillac needs those to go along with its bread and butter CTS.