Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

Audi makes some really slick looking cars. Does the performance match? Are they generally worth the price?

I have an A5 and I love it -- performance is okay, it's definitely not a race car -- I didnt buy it to track though....the combination of exterior and interior won me over when I was car shopping. I bought a 6 month old CPO so I saved quite a bit of money compared to buying a new one -- sticker prices can climb very fast if you aren't careful with the option boxes.

• 4 weeks later...

The Infiniti QX looks similar the the 2010 Lexus LX.

I have an older Audi A6. I love the car but damn, Houston potholes are taking out my tires left and right. I now know why so many folks drive big trucks and SUVs. I've been back in Houston for less than 2 full years and have had to replace 7 tires due to pothole damage... and before anyone tells me that I need to avoid them, you can't avoid what the big King Ranch F350 infront of you is hiding!

• 3 weeks later...

2012 Range Rover Evoque

New-Range-Rover-Evoque-14.jpg

New-Range-Rover-Evoque-31.jpg

New-Range-Rover-Evoque-9.jpg

Buyers can opt for three exterior design themes: Pure, a minimalistic take with 19-inch wheels and natural colors complemented by brushed metal trim adorning the insides; Prestige, a "bespoke exterior" treatment with exclusive 19-inch wheels paired "an indulgent interior;" or Dynamic, with 19- or 20-inch wheels a reworked bodykit, and a sportier cabin complete with perforated leather seats and a bit more bling.

Inside, the interior is influenced not only by the Range Rover Sport, but by Jaguar as well. Seriously bolstered seats straddle a center tunnel where a rotary gear transmission selector rises to hand. The four-setting Terrain Response System dial has been replaced with buttons attending an illuminated menu and controls are mainly managed through an eight-inch touchscreen. Aural enjoyment is provided by the 825-watt, 17-speaker Meridian sound system with additional inputs for other peripherals.

Underneath the Evoque's hood is a 2.0-liter Ecoboost engine that, naturally, is not called EcoBoost. Referred to as the Si4, it's been developed for North American audiences and produces 240 horsepower that runs through a six-speed automatic transmission. Electric power steering is standard, a regenerative electrical system captures energy when things get hauled down and everything is kept on an even keel thanks to a MagneRide adaptive dynamics suspension.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/21/paris-preview-land-rover-reveals-the-evoque/

I hadn't checked on this thread in a while...WOW Lotus DID come out of nowhere! The Elan is gorgeous. And is that a little Pininfarina side slit action on the Elite? Coming straight out of 550/575 Maranello world with those.

The Charger too is taking the side "scoop" detail from another illustrious sports car. They have basically the same shape as the Viper's massive slits.

• 5 weeks later...

2012 Volkswagen Eos

db2010au01260medium.jpg

db2010au01269medium.jpg

db2010au01262medium.jpg

Often derided as a "hairdresser's car", the 2012 Eos has been treated to one of our favorite engines: the 2-liter turbocharged four-cylinder from the Golf GTI. This 208-horspower engine – available with either a six-speed manual or dual-clutch transmission – can now take the Eos from a full stop to highway pace in 7.8 seconds. Overseas buyers can also specify the 138-hp 2.0-liter diesel (with the same transmission choices). Volkswagen has also included Hill Start Assist standard on the 2012 Eos, along with Vienna leather upholstery, heated seats, 17-inch wheels and some sheetmetal enhancements that brings its look in line with the rest of the brand's small car lineup

Link

2012 Volkswagen Eos

Link

I jsut read on VWVortex that the Golf Cabrio is coming back. If they can get the cost down, it will be a sure hit. But where does that leave the EOS? I know they don't run in the same circles, but I think a lot of people (i.e., women) buy an EOS but would be perfectly happy with a cheaper Cabrio. Or maybe it will be another Europe-only option. All I know is VW has some pretty serious sales goals and they aren't going to make it with the Jetta and NMS alone!