Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

Check it out, its VW Passat replacement. VW already released 2 skecthes of the unamed car, so someone came up with a render for it. Expect to see the car on the road in late 2011.

Render:

2011_MysteryVW.jpg

Sketch:

2011_VWSketch.jpg

Thoughts?

Incredible. It still has 4 wheels, 4 doors, engine up front. Like every sedan ever created.

Even style-wise.

It's just the same old junk, different decade.

I had one of these, a 1992 Premiere. It was a comfortable car. The V6 had eccellent acceleration and handled really well. It was fun to drive. The only problem was the electronics. Since it had a Renault engine, shared with Volvo I was told, the home town mechanics could not figure out why I kept going through alternators. Eventually it left my wife and family stranded out on Highway 77 south of Victoria. I had to have her towed to Victoria and nobody there could figure it out either. I had to get rid of her.

The car I mean.

• Like 1

The 2011 Kia VG (Or Cadenza) looks not too bad...

Its official name is Candenza, it will replace the Amanti.

2011-Kia-Cadenza-18.jpg

2011-Kia-Cadenza-10.jpg

2011-Kia-Cadenza-14.jpg

The all-new Cadenza sedan was officially launched in Korea today where it will go on sale under the name K7. The 4,965 mm (195.5'') long Cadenza will take over the role of Kia's flagship sedan from the 10-year old Opirus, also called Amanti in some markets. Designed under the guidance of former Audi design chief Peter Schreyer, the Cadenza is the production version of the KND-5 concept model shown in Seoul earlier this year.

Kia said that the new Cadenza will be offered with a total of three gasoline engines ranging from 165HP to 295HP for the 3.5 liter V6, with all models featuring front-wheel drive and a new six-speed automatic transmission. The Hyundai - Kia Group's new 201HP 2.4-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine with direct injection gasoline should be among the choices.

According to the Korean automaker, the Cadenza is scheduled to go on sale in most international markets, including North America and Europe, in January 2010.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/11/2011-kia-cadenza-high-res-photo-gallery.html

I think it is but, it looks a little to much like the 7-Series for me.

i don't think that is a bad thing, as the current 7-series is pretty attractive. However, I don't like the blunt front end. I know it is to meet pedestrian safety rules, but I just don't think it fits a car of this size (looks better on the 7).

I had one of these, a 1992 Premiere. It was a comfortable car. The V6 had excellent acceleration and handled really well. It was fun to drive. The only problem was the electronics. Since it had a Renault engine, shared with Volvo I was told, the home town mechanics could not figure out why I kept going through alternators. Eventually it left my wife and family stranded out on Highway 77 south of Victoria. I had to have her towed to Victoria and nobody there could figure it out either. I had to get rid of her.

The car I mean.

Our family bought one of these new - the 1989 model. It had a 150 hp Mitsubishi (I thought, but not apparently) V-6. And it was decent. 7/70 warranty. This was the "Last Rambler." AMC bought/partnered with Renault on the design of the car, taking design ques from Volvo (headrests/body style)... and then Chrysler bought AMC... and then rebranded the "AMC Premiere" as the "Eagle Premiere" in 1987/88. It was built in Ontario at fairly advanced factory - for the day. It was the last car AMC attempted to put its name on.

The car had what was called "ground switching" electronics. Most electrical systems always have the ground/neutral connected at all times - and switch the hot (on and off).

In the Eagle Premiere... the hot side of the circuit was always connected... it was the ground side that switched on and off.

Backwards.

Needless to say, we had issues with the electrical, as well as the transmission. And one time.. at a red light the car would not move forward. I had to push it through the intersection.... and then drive it home in reverse (on side streets) for that last mile to the house. I never drove it again.

I saw an ad once: "For sale. 1988 Eagle Premiere. $2000 worth of repairs. Asking $2001 OBO."

Our family should have bought the Maxima. But Chrysler cut us a deal that was just too good to refuse...

Edited by BryanS

Wow, look at it in black!!! biggrin.gif Never new a Kia can look this good. I want one.

kia-cadenza-spy-10.jpg

I know the former Audi design chief moved over to Kia, and that he is responsible for these new hot designs we are seeing, but I guess I'm surprised at just how blantant Kia is in copying the look we see on new Audis. Same guy, yeah, but isn't there some sort of design look-and-feel that becomes the property of the company the designer works for? I guess they can argue they are merely taking "design cues" from Audi, but geez those taillights could have literally come off an A4.

I know the former Audi design chief moved over to Kia, and that he is responsible for these new hot designs we are seeing, but I guess I'm surprised at just how blantant Kia is in copying the look we see on new Audis. Same guy, yeah, but isn't there some sort of design look-and-feel that becomes the property of the company the designer works for? I guess they can argue they are merely taking "design cues" from Audi, but geez those taillights could have literally come off an A4.

I would'nt call it copying since the Audi design chief moved to Kia, and only the rear resembles Audi. They almost, literally ripped the taillights off the A4. I don't see any other Audi resemblance on Kia's other vehicles.

2010 A4 Rear

audi_100232794_m.jpg

Yeah, but in all fairness lifting design cues is an old automotive tradition. Try counting the cars that have aped BMW's 'Hofmeister kink'.

I would'nt call it copying since the Audi design chief moved to Kia, and only the rear resembles Audi. They almost, literally ripped the taillights off the A4. I don't see any other Audi resemblance on Kia's other vehicles.

2010 A4 Rear

audi_100232794_m.jpg

The back end of the Forte screams Audi A4 to me. And the interior has a similar look (though not a similar feel).

kia_forte_3.jpg

audi-a4-tuning-rieger-back.jpg

Edited by travelguy_73

Wow, look at it in black!!! biggrin.gif Never new a Kia can look this good. I want one.

kia-cadenza-spy-1_jpg.jpg

I like this. It looks much like an M45. :)

The back end of the Forte screams Audi A4 to me. And the interior has a similar look (though not a similar feel).

The tires are mounted backwards. Specifically, the right rear. Ugh.

Edited by LTAWACS

kia_forte_3.jpg

Many vehicles from different brands look like each other, so its not like seeing a resemblance in 2 different cars is something new and I don't see the similar look in the interior.

A4 Interior

6193_st0640_059.jpg

Forte Interior

10_kiaforte_int.jpg

la_autoshow_2009_2.png

DECEMBER 4-13, 2009

Finally, after two rounds of international auto shows in Frankfurt and Tokyo, it's time for the 2009 L.A. Auto Show. It's the first big American show of the season and it's already shaping up nicely thanks to a few notable world debuts that have already been announced. The 2010 Porsche Boxster Spyder got the ball rolling when it appeared in early November. A high-performance version of the standard Boxster, the Spyder adds horsepower while doing away with the standard model's convertible roof.

For those looking for something a little more mainstream, the 2011 Buick Regal will make its first auto show appearance in Los Angeles. A smaller, more performance-oriented sedan, the new Regal is hoping to once again reshape Buick's image. If that's still not enough practicality for you, the 2010 Toyota Sienna minivan is making its world debut in L.A. as well. It's one of the few true minivans left and Toyota is determined to keep it around for some time to come.

Our coverage starts on December 2 when we'll have photos, blog posts and videos from the show floor.

http://www.insidelin...osangeles/2009/

http://www.laautoshow.com/

The last Horch has been found near San Angelo. TX. Horch was a handbuilt predecessor to Audi. Audi has bought the car from the collector to be returned to Germany to undergo a 2 year restoration to be displayed in the Audi museum.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/26/video-audi-tracks-down-the-last-horch-in-texas/

audi_last_horch.jpg

To me, it resembles the 300 type "Adenauer" Mercedes-Benzes of 1953-1962. I guess August Horch may have much to do with that since he was formerly an engineer for Karl Benz.