How To Find A Pulte Cambridge

marmer

We're looking at a move from Pearland to Sugar Land. We've been in Pearland since 1990 in a Pulte Cambridge floor plan, which back then was a 2000 sq. foot one-story with a detached garage. At the time it was by far the house we liked the best in our price range.

Now, seventeen years later, we love our Pearland house and it's nearly paid off but my wife's career and our daughter's schooling make relocating to Sugar Land a good idea. But we'd like to live in another Cambridge. Better the devils you know, and all that, and we know the likely repair issues. It would also be more likely to fit our budget. Nowadays, Pulte uses the name "Cambridge" for a different, two-story house.

Back in 1990 there were Pulte developments all over the Houston area, I'm assuming Sugar Land, too. Can anyone point me in a direction to look?

Ok, talked to my boy, he says that soooooooo much has changed at Pulte since then, that it will be tough, but, there are only about 5 designers that ALL homebuilders buy from. You may be able to find your same layout, or very close to it, under another builder's name though. He recomends picking your price range and using HAR, put in all the exact same info, dimensions, as your house is, and do a search in Sugarland. Then after you have located something similar to your house, to do a tax record search on it to find out who the builder was.

Ok, talked to my boy, he says that soooooooo much has changed at Pulte since then, that it will be tough, but, there are only about 5 designers that ALL homebuilders buy from.

So there we have the answer to the question, "why do subdivisions all look the same?"

Ok, talked to my boy, he says that soooooooo much has changed at Pulte since then, that it will be tough, but, there are only about 5 designers that ALL homebuilders buy from. You may be able to find your same layout, or very close to it, under another builder's name though. He recomends picking your price range and using HAR, put in all the exact same info, dimensions, as your house is, and do a search in Sugarland. Then after you have located something similar to your house, to do a tax record search on it to find out who the builder was.

Thanks! I've been doing that and have found a few close ones but no Cambridges yet. The detached garage is the biggest difference and there's no way to search for that on HAR.

Thanks! I've been doing that and have found a few close ones but no Cambridges yet. The detached garage is the biggest difference and there's no way to search for that on HAR.

Uhmmm...yeah there is. There's a dropdown right beside the number of cars dropdown under GARAGES for attached/detatched/attached and detatched/oversized/tandem.

Uhmmm...yeah there is. There's a dropdown right beside the number of cars dropdown under GARAGES for attached/detatched/attached and detatched/oversized/tandem.

jm1fd beat me to it. My friend said he went and visited another friend of ours that is building a 3000 sq.footer and said when he walked in he immediately recognized the design, but he was in a David Weekly home. Turns out, it was the Pulte design that he actually sold out of for a couple of years.

• 2 months later...
We're looking at a move from Pearland to Sugar Land. We've been in Pearland since 1990 in a Pulte Cambridge floor plan, which back then was a 2000 sq. foot one-story with a detached garage. At the time it was by far the house we liked the best in our price range.

Now, seventeen years later, we love our Pearland house and it's nearly paid off but my wife's career and our daughter's schooling make relocating to Sugar Land a good idea. But we'd like to live in another Cambridge. Better the devils you know, and all that, and we know the likely repair issues. It would also be more likely to fit our budget. Nowadays, Pulte uses the name "Cambridge" for a different, two-story house.

Back in 1990 there were Pulte developments all over the Houston area, I'm assuming Sugar Land, too. Can anyone point me in a direction to look?

I'm fairly sure that Lake Colony was a Pulte neighborhood. It is located off Hwy 6 between Austin Parkway and Settlers Way. I remember looking at the model homes when the neighborhood was being built, however, don't know if they had the Cambridge model.

• The title was changed to How To Find A Pulte Cambridge, Circa 1990?
  • The title was changed to How To Find A Pulte Cambridge

Archived