Klein ISD Board Of Trustees Election

Chris

Klein ISD Board of Trustees  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should fill Seat #7

• Averiest (Ace) Gilliam
    • W. R. (Rick) Mann

Klein ISD school board positions 6, currently held by Mr. Larry Allen, and 7, currently held by Mr. Jerry Courtney, are up for re-election at the November 6, 2007, election. Voting will take place at the Harris County Precinct Polling Places.

I think Ace Gilliam should fill the position. We need a new face in the leadership role of Klein ISD. Mr. Gilliam is also an African American. I think this would be a great new change in a more diversified way. I'm not sure if any African American has ever filled a Board of Trustee position for Klein ISD. I believe that he will bring the district to another level. He has some great goals and assets for Klein ISD in the future.

Below are each of the 2 Cannidates' profile and summary of why they think they should get the position.

Ace Gilliam for Klein ISD Board Position #7

Rick Mann for Klein ISD Board Position #7

My vote is for Rick Mann hands down. He was a former President of the Board and member for 15 years. He did not run for re-election due to his job requiring too much travel and he felt he wasn't meeting the expectations of the board. That travel has ended and he now has the time to give the Board the attention it reqires. The man knows what he is doing. At the forum the other night it was very clear who was better fit for the position.

Averest is a great person but I feel lacks the skills to meet the demands of the position.

And Larry Allen will be re-elected by default since no candidate is running against him.

• The title was changed to Klein ISD Board Of Trustees Election

Archived