Hanover Post Oak: 1

2929 Weslayan: 2

Willowick Place: 2

Kirby Grove: 1

3737 Buffalo: 1

Brazos Tower: 1

609 Main: 1

SkyHouse: 1

Thanks. Another query, I see some towers that have cranes which seemingly come out of the tops of them. How tall do buildings have to be for the cranes to be attached to them?

3/4 floors

Richmond and Sam Houston Tollway? Development? AND I saw another crane on the horizon as I crossed from SH to I10. It seemed to be on my right. Any thoughts? Also, approaching Richmond via SH, on the right side, seems to be a lot preparing for something? Any thoughts?

Thanks sky guy. Saw others erected; one at Richmond and Sam Houston, 5 at Briarlake, a new one at Citi Centre, another by Eldridge ( west side), another going up in Memorial City. It's just astounding to me the number of cranes I. This city. Let's not even talk about the Woodlands area!

Thanks sky guy. Saw others erected; one at Richmond and Sam Houston, 5 at Briarlake, a new one at Citi Centre, another by Eldridge ( west side), another going up in Memorial City. It's just astounding to me the number of cranes I. This city. Let's not even talk about the Woodlands area!

Yeah, I was going to say between Exxon, Hughes Landing, SWE is 20 or 30 by itself. 

I can spot a ton from my balcony....

BHP - 2

BLVD Place - 1

Astoria - 1

40 story on Wesleyan - 2

W. Alabama @ Wesleyan - 2

MidLn - 1

Buffalo Speedway @ Richmond - 1

Levy Park - 1

Sovereign - 1

Westheimer @ Shepherd - 1

Memorial by Rice Military - 1

Something out by the stadium... - 1

Somewhere north of Hobby airport (maybe AT hobby airport...?) - 2

SkylineView, lucky, lucky, lucky. Please keep us posted! I am transported to HTown circa 1983! I was a kid growing up in the sticks, and came to HTown to collect on rental properties with my dad. I drooled over the cranes then, as well as the freeway expansion. Now, as an adult, the same thing is happening again. I am a lucky man to feel nostalgia during my daily commutes.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, phillip_white said:

There are quite a few parking lots along Austin in downtown that would look nice with a building growing out of them.

I looked at all of Austin.  It goes from Buffalo Bayou to Herman Park, and there are 9 parking lots on it (11 if you count the Camden project that seems to be perpetually delayed), 2 blocks that only have a small building on it, 1 completely vacant block in midtown, and 1 mostly vacant block.

Interestingly, there's a parking lot at the end of Austin on the Bayou.  It's split by a really nice (but short) promenade to a few benches overlooking the bayou into a 1.65 acre lot and a 0.84 acre lot.  I could see that this could be a good place to put something except the joint processing center is right there next to it, so I don't know what would be a good use of this nice looking location.

3 hours ago, cspwal said:

I looked at all of Austin.  It goes from Buffalo Bayou to Herman Park, and there are 9 parking lots on it (11 if you count the Camden project that seems to be perpetually delayed), 2 blocks that only have a small building on it, 1 completely vacant block in midtown, and 1 mostly vacant block.

Interestingly, there's a parking lot at the end of Austin on the Bayou.  It's split by a really nice (but short) promenade to a few benches overlooking the bayou into a 1.65 acre lot and a 0.84 acre lot.  I could see that this could be a good place to put something except the joint processing center is right there next to it, so I don't know what would be a good use of this nice looking location.

I looked at Austin... except with much less detail. I scouted a couple locations in downtown and one in Midtown that might work for a structure of this size, but I might have to go back and look now that you pointed all of this out.

On 8/29/2016 at 11:33 AM, cloud713 said:

Ah well, I just didn't know if someone more tech savy than me knew why that happens. Thanks for the link..

Wow just viewed this page on mobile. Looks terrible. Think I'm just going to remove the qoute. 

18 hours ago, phillip_white said:

I looked at Austin... except with much less detail. I scouted a couple locations in downtown and one in Midtown that might work for a structure of this size, but I might have to go back and look now that you pointed all of this out.

Were you thinking of the grass field vacant block in midtown? That one confuses me - every other vacant block has a parking lot but for those two. What makes them so special?

Archived