Boonville Town Center

Bryan Guy

There's currently a proposed multi-use development for the plot of land between Tom Light Chevrolet and McCoy's, between the Highway 6 frontage road and Boonville/FM 158. It appears to include an upscale Best Western hotel and has space for quite a few other retail, business opportunities. Austin's Colony Parkway would supposedly be extended through the development, ending at Highway 6. If you drive by there now there's a real estate sign showing an available "hard corner" at the proposed new intersection. This is pretty exciting...that plot has been proposed as so many things in recent years it'd be great if something actually happened there...and as a homeowner and worker in east Bryan I'd personally love some more venues on this side of town.

There's a really neat brochure for the development on the realtor's website: www.oldhamgoodwin.com. I tried to get a couple more pictures but I'm not savvy enough to do that apparently. The brochure gives more info on the hotel, etc. Here's one though:

986_Large.jpg

Current View West:

• 5 weeks later...

From TheEagle.com:

The Bryan City Council authorized a $100,000 incentive for a Best Western hotel to locate on a 3-acre tract in east Bryan's Boonville Town Center. The council also offered $336,000 to build the extension of Austin's Colony Parkway and install a public sewer lift station on the property. Permit fees will be waived for the hotel, and construction is set to begin in May.

This is great news for Bryan. It is my hope that another hotel will go in the Rudder/Boonville/Briarcrest triangle, and 3-4 more in future phases of the Bryan Towne Center.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I took a few pictures on Easter Sunday, the Walgreens is probably opening in the next month or two, the hotel still has about 2-3 months to go:

DSCN0944.jpg

DSCN0942.jpg

IHOP is also planning to build on the highway side, to the left in the picture above of the hotel.

While these may not seem like a big deal, these three businesses are huge for the City of Bryan. The hotel is the first new hotel in the city since the Fairfield Inn was built about 20 years ago. Aside from a Cotton Patch Cafe a few blocks away, IHOP is the first national chain sit down retaurant to come to Bryan in a long, long time.

While these may not seem like a big deal, these three businesses are huge for the City of Bryan. The hotel is the first new hotel in the city since the Fairfield Inn was built about 20 years ago. Aside from a Cotton Patch Cafe a few blocks away, IHOP is the first national chain sit down retaurant to come to Bryan in a long, long time.

Yeah, its sad how a city the size of Bryan could go without new Hotels and new restaurants for so many years. If you wanted anything, you had to go to College Station. A few years ago also there really were not any places to by clothes in Bryan.

• 4 months later...

there's gonna be an IHOP? sweet. So now BCS is going to have two of them. I saw some new-style IHOPs in San Antonio, they borrow the classic A-Frame but with a modern touch.

Even though its really short, new Best Western looks kind of tall from the bypass, as tall as the wells fargo building.

Archived