Sea-Arama Marineworld Park At 91st St. & Seawall Blvd.

Hi all,

Here is a web site that has pictures of the old Sea-Arama park in Galveston.

It has lots of pictures:  www.seaarama.zoomshare.com/

check it out!

Thanks those were great. I will see if I can find some of the ones from when I was young and scan them in.

Any way here is the direct link Sea Arama

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couldn't generate enough money to keep afloat. No pun intended.

I remember one the waterskiers in the show take a bad bad spill right infront of me back in like '77 or '78. He was trying to be all cool, and glide in off the water but his ski dug into the sand and it looked like the $10000 winner of an "AFV" show.

Edited by TJones

Couldn't generate enough money to keep afloat. No pun intended.

But you would think after 25 years and the huge surrounding area population that it would have had an established clientel. I know with the oil bust that the Houston population was stagnant, but still, we have plenty of peeps here. There must have been some crazy increase in operating cost, or mismanagment of funds, or lack of maintenance.

The first pyramid in Moody Gardens did not operate until 1993.

Edited by Pumapayam

But you would think after 25 years and the huge surrounding area population that it would have had an established clientel. I know with the oil bust that the Houston population was stagnant, but still, we have plenty of peeps here. There must have been some crazy increase in operating cost, or mismanagment of funds, or lack of maintenance.

The first pyramid in Moody Gardens did not operate until 1993.

Puma, if you lived by Sea World would you go every weekend ?

Sea-rama building demo'd for an RV park.

That sucks! :o

Puma, if you lived by Sea World would you go every weekend ?

It's working for Moody Gardens now. I think people go, just not every weekend, but at least once or tiwce a year, especially to entertain friends and relatives who visit Houston.

We don't have very many attractions that are unique here.

• 4 weeks later...
Sea-rama building demo'd for an RV park.

That sucks! :o

It's working for Moody Gardens now. I think people go, just not every weekend, but at least once or tiwce a year, especially to entertain friends and relatives who visit Houston.

We don't have very many attractions that are unique here.

Well why would you go to Sea Arama when you have Splashtown in Spring, and Waterworld next to Astroworld?

No, I'm not joking.

Sorry, I read your entry wrong at the beginning, (for those confused about the post, I changed it to make more sense, which now makes Montrose1100's seem confusing)

I was thinking he was refering to a WaterWorld in it's current form (i.e. non-existant)

rather than a past tense reference.

My bad. :o

Sorry, I read your entry wrong at the beginning, (for those confused about the post, I changed it to make more sense, which now makes Montrose1100's seem confusing)

I was thinking he was refering to a WaterWorld in it's current form (i.e. non-existant)

rather than a past tense reference.

My bad. :o

You kidder you... ;)

Back in 90', Waterworld was open. I think... Currently, the only ones we have are the schliderbauhn & splashtown (which is now owned by six flags).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Seems like a very long time since I heard the phrase Sea Arama. Wonder if anyone remembers going there? Pics would be a trip. :P

It can still be seen on Google Maps Satellite photos and they seem to be fairly up to date. Go to the south end of runway 17-35 of Scholes Field and look for the skanky green ponds.

Seems like a very long time since I heard the phrase Sea Arama. Wonder if anyone remembers going there? Pics would be a trip. :P

Dad took me there every year for my birthday. We went there right after we ate at Gaidos. I have no pics but here are the salt and pepper shakers I bought on one of the trips. Its a little dark, sorry about the quality.

2ebuwx0.jpg