AMLI 2121: Multifamily At 2121 Allen Pkwy.

UrbaNerd

• 3 weeks later...

so is this the development that bought the Robinson Public Warehouse building? i thought there was a post on here about it but i can't seem to find it now.

if so, are they going to tear it down or reuse it?

if not, is it up for sale again?

huh... thats strange.  I could have sworn i read a chron article and a thread on here that they were bought by the same company and were going to put apartments on all the property.

the allen park inn was purchased by zom.

the robinson warehouse and center point (fronting w dallas and adjacent to AMLI's deal) were purchased by ameritron.

both companies specialize with apartments.

hope this clears up any confusion.

• 5 months later...

Down Allen Parkway, on my way to work, is this old warehouse? It's got the red letters RPW on the one side and there's obviously some kind of work being done on it, but I have never been able to get a good look to see a builder name or new complex name. Any ideas?

RPW.jpg

Sorry it's so dark. That's what happens when you have to be in to work at 7am. <_<

Ok, so I drove by this morning and took a closer look (since no one was really behind me.) If they're doing work on it, they haven't started yet. If you look closely you can see a concrete foundation in the very front of the warehouse - it's not part of the warehouse; it's its own entity. I still couldn't find any signs ...

Is it the kind of orangeish four story building or the short tannish thing?

Yup.

I don't know if this is the one being converted into lofts or not. I was hoping someone else might know... Anyone?

poor robinson public warehouse  :(

Hey y'all, I'm new here and found this place while doing a search of the West Building downtown. Anyway, a friend and I went to RPW last weekend. Not too much to see on the inside, it's all been pretty well gutted, but the view from the roof is spectacular. I recommend it to anyone. In fact, I need to go back and get some more pics from the place if anyone is interested. Email me at noahvale@texploration.org

www.texploration.org --not too much Houston stuff in there yet, I haven't updated in a long while.

Subdude, who was in it after Sears? For how long?

Oh, and this morning I got a better look at what's going on (in the front of this picture) to the north of the warehouse. That cement foundation is for the residental complex, "The Gallery" - Jordan Res. Group is overlooking that.

Subdude, who was in it after Sears? For how long?

Oh, and this morning I got a better look at what's going on (in the front of this picture) to the north of the warehouse. That cement foundation is for the residental complex, "The Gallery" - Jordan Res. Group is overlooking that.

Sears moved to Midtown in about 1939. After that I believe the building was used as some sort of school for a while, and then as a public warehouse after that. One reason they chose the location on Allen Parkway (Buffalo Drive) was that it was located right next to the train tracks to expedite shipping and loading.

I may be all wet (no pun intended given the current discussion) but the old warehouse seems to fit better with retail than residential. I'm trying to see it as a residential conversion and it isn't working. If you wanna use that location for residential, you need to build residential into the current lot and mix it in with a top notch retail development.

The design is way too utilitarian for its age for me to visually accept it as a residential project.

I may be all wet (no pun intended given the current discussion) but the old warehouse seems to fit better with retail than residential. I'm trying to see it as a residential conversion and it isn't working.

I don't get it - from the looks of things, there is no rennovation to the warehouse. At least, nothing yet. All the construction is going on next to it. I'm not finding anything on "The Galaxy;" I'll have to make sure I was reading that sign right on the way home today.

To Google: "Not Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Don't fail me now, Google!"

you cannot economically justify residential at the corner of montrose and ap. i think the entire site (centerpoint & rw) totals +/- 11 acres. considering a majority (+/- 2 a) of rw is in the flood plain, your net usable will be around 9 a.

the only way possible would be going vertical... i dont see that happening but who knows....

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know anything about the new apartments under construction at 2121 Allen Parkway (near Montrose/Studemont) where the old Allen Park Inn used to be?

I found a little info on the web about it:

http://www.usgbc.org/News/usgbcinthenews_d...7&CMSPageID=159

Does anyone know the name of the complex? when it will be available for move-in, etc?

Thanks!

Archived