HAIF Happy Hour!

musicman

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if the bartenders don't know you, you only get one gratis i believe....

I go maybe once every few weeks or per month. They still card me every time (28). Nobody else in town cards me even though others get carded, so I just assume that the bartenders at Warren's see so many older people that they have trouble distinguishing between a 20 year old and a 28 year old. :lol:

Its all good. I go to La Carafe a little more often, though.

• 5 weeks later...

Redscare and I are having an impromptu HAIF happy hour here in Austin. It will be a two-day event however. It starts tonight at 9pm-til. Then tomorrow night from 7pm-til. We will be starting at BoneDaddy's on 183 and Anderson Mill, then when we get tired of the sightseeing, we will venture over to 6th street. For more info, you better inquire quick because after 3 or 4 rum drinks and 3 or 4 shots on top of that, we probably won't be able to render any decent info. Hope to see you guys there.

Redscare and I are having an impromptu HAIF happy hour here in Austin. It will be a two-day event however. It starts tonight at 9pm-til. Then tomorrow night from 7pm-til. We will be starting at BoneDaddy's on 183 and Anderson Mill, then when we get tired of the sightseeing, we will venture over to 6th street. For more info, you better inquire quick because after 3 or 4 rum drinks and 3 or 4 shots on top of that, we probably won't be able to render any decent info. Hope to see you guys there.

You guys SUCK!

183 and Anderson Mill, HAHAHAHHA, that's about like saying you're having HAIF happy hour at Hooters in Katy.

Hope you kids have fun. Red can hopefully join us for drinks in Houston sometime in the near future after shining us last month. ;) TJ, we miss you.

• 4 weeks later...

Musicman, Crunchtastic, and I - and possibly others - are meeting for drinks tomorrow after work. Please join us if you're free.

Date/Time: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 5:30pm (until 7 or later)

Place: Marfreless (downstairs) - go here for location (it's near the River Oaks Theatre) and a photo of the entrance

If it's your first time or you don't recognize anyone, just ask the bartender where the HAIF folks are.

Aww, downstairs? You guys don't want to all go makeout upstairs? ;)

Musicman has broken my heart one too many times - I can't go down that road again.

EDIT: Good lord, M - 9,350 posts? Quick, write 650 more so we can drink a toast to 10,000 on Wednesday.

Musicman, Crunchtastic, and I - and possibly others - are meeting for drinks tomorrow after work. Please join us if you're free.

Date/Time: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 5:30pm (until 7 or later)

Place: Marfreless (downstairs) - go here for location (it's near the River Oaks Theatre) and a photo of the entrance

If it's your first time or you don't recognize anyone, just ask the bartender where the HAIF folks are.

OMG I was there once... sugh a random place... just a door... was so weird... but a nice place inside... great drinks.

oops never mind.

That wasn't meant to discourage you. They've got mixed nuts, a cheese and sausage plate, hummus... things like that. But you always bring good snacks!

The drinks are good - lots of cocktails - but not super cheap.

Marfreless has been there since at least 1972 - not many Houston bars can say that. In 1968, it was the River Oaks Colonial Club, which may explain the mural over the bar. It's in the same building as the River Oaks Theatre, and will be gone if/when Weingarten tears down the theater.

Any chance we could have one of these at a coffee place one day (For montrose and trae purposes, of course. :ph34r: )? Or are HAIF gatherings only allowed at bars?

Also, there are many times (see post time and dates) when not much is happening on a Fri or Sat. I think I'd be down for impromptu get togethers.

By the way...did the movie thing at someones house ever get planned or go down?

Any chance we could have one of these at a coffee place one day (For montrose and trae purposes, of course. :ph34r: )? Or are HAIF gatherings only allowed at bars?

HAIF gatherings are allowed anywhere someone wants to have one. The only 'rule' is to make an open invitation to anyone who might wish to come.

I bet if you organized something, lockmat, people would come.

Don't know about the movie thing....but it looks like there are some folks doing the class at Rice.

Correct. If you order a mixed drink and they ask you what kind of vodka (or whatever) you want, pick your favorite, because its going to cost you the same regardless of which you pick.

Not true, as I found out last night, when I was at The Turtle Club in CL. Grey Goose is much more expensive than the Smirnoff.

Not true, as I found out last night, when I was at The Turtle Club in CL.

is it bikini contest season already, TJ? :P:D

The Turtle Club, omg is it still full of creepy middle aged dudes and skanky goldiggers? That place used to be cocaine 'n speedboat central back in the....... eh, never mind...

Not true, as I found out last night, when I was at The Turtle Club in CL. Grey Goose is much more expensive than the Smirnoff.

Uhhh, yes it is, and why would liquor policy at the Turtle Club dictate liquor policy at Marfreless (where all vodka tonics cost the same high price regardless of vodka used)?

Archived