HAIF Happy Hour!

musicman

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm there to see the people myself....

I understand that. I'm just saying that downtown is a logistical nightmare compared to just parking in front of a place in the Galleria area or Uptown. I'd likely not attend if it is downtown.

^what would Galleria-area suggestions be? (i rarely go anywhere there).

my first vote would be a downtown location, though - i guess i am just used to street parking (or public transport if possible).

Depends on what kind of place people are hoping for.

Los Cucos has a nice bar/lounge area.

Pappa's Steakhouse has a really nice bar/lounge.

There is Sullivan's, Grand Luxe Cafe, Fox Sports Bar, Champp's, Smith & Wollensky, Ra Sushi.

All are nice and have nice bar areas.

If you want a regular bar there is always the Hideaway on Dunvale, Vito's Deckhouse on Bering (both right off Richmond), the Richmond Arms (great pub with a ton of beer selections).

If a bar was your ultimate choice, I'd say Hideaway or Richmond Arms.

pappas steakhouse? i'd go broke. grand luxe sux. i guess i don't drive past the west loop frequently.

I didn't suggest you buy a T-Bone. Chilling in the lounge is fine. The drinks are the same prices at anywhere decent. They might not have happy hour specials though.

I say we make it Richmond Arms. I am friends with the manager and could possibly get us some specials if we get a decent turn out.

I agree with the steakhouse. You can always just drink water if you want.

I don't care where it is. Just pick a spot.

There's always the Kelvin Arms, Shanghai River, The Flying Saucer, Slantie, The Skyline bar (Hilton Americas), etc...

everyone is not going to agree on a spot, a time, or a date.

I really don't want it to be downtown. I have a hard time paying for parking in Houston. If I wanted to pay for parking, I'd have never left NYC.

I nominate Richmond Arms (Richmond and Fountainview).

All in favor, say Aye."

it's free after 6pm, so that excuse is out of the water. Richmond Arms is great, but it's a pain to get to considering the traffic on Richmond.

it's free after 6pm, so that excuse is out of the water. Richmond Arms is great, but it's a pain to get to considering the traffic on Richmond.

Traffic on Richmond? It is virtually non-existent. And certainly far less than trying to get in to downtown at happy hour.

And street parking might be free after six, if you can find it. Lot parking costs.

Traffic on Richmond? It is virtually non-existent. And certainly far less than trying to get in to downtown at happy hour.

And street parking might be free after six, if you can find it. Lot parking costs.

The whole Galleria area is a traffic nightmare.. especially at happy hour, especially on fridays.

I live there and deal with it every day.. IT sucks.

There are other places that dont have downtown parking isues or uptown traffic nightmares.

How bout the Village Area...

How bout something off Washington.

How bout The Tavern or Sherlocks West Gray..something in the middle.

I'm putting forth my "Nay" to Richmond arms or anything else that involves galleria traffic.

ricco had a good idea idea last time, of some place where you can play games like pin balls and junk.

Near or in Midtown?

A place where you could eat and "cling, cling" works good too. Not everyone boozes (I think) :ph34r::lol:

Then I recommend 3 different places and we'll. argue it for a week and then pick one.

Kelvin Arms: Drinking joint in the Village.

The Flying Saucer, drinking joint with games and foods on Capital @ Main.

Shanghai River, Eating establishment with a decent bar and a quiet environment.

Happy Hour (6-7pm) + Richmond + Friday = Shoot me in the head.

I drive this area quite a bit, while I agree during parts of the day it flows quite smoothly, at this particular hour it's a nightmare.

Then I recommend 3 different places and we'll. argue it for a week and then pick one.

Kelvin Arms: Drinking joint in the Village.

The Flying Saucer, drinking joint with games and foods on Capital @ Main.

Shanghai River, Eating establishment with a decent bar and a quiet environment.

We should keep Richmond Arms on the table at this point to be fair.. and keep it included for debate.

I would also like Sherlocks West Gray on the list.

Keep Sherlocks on the list? Didn't realize it was even on the table.

The only reason why I'm picking what I'm picking is because we can be relatively isolated.

Either that or we'll walk around saying, "HAIF! HAIF! HAIF" to see where the others are.

I have a pretty strong aversion to all locations of Sherlock's because of how ridiculously packed it gets. Not to mention loud.

NickS is doing stuff with Live downtown.

The traffic in the village isn't any better than Richmond. Face it, anywhere people want to be at 5-7pm on a Friday isn't going to be completely traffic free.

If we are including the Village, Under the Volcano should be considered I think.

If the Flying Saucer is in the Village and it has Aventinus, I could tolerate that as a second choice.

Haha!

I don't know if I'll make it, but if I did my vote would be for downtown as well. I've never had to pay to park (except once during the day by the courthouse and only because I was in a hurry). Now I just ride the metro rail anyways. There are a lot of places downtown with more "architectural" value than uptown - at least I think so. Why are people so afraid of downtown? People are always nervous about going downtown for some reason.

Archived