Check This Out This Should Help Our Galleria Area

Dallasboi

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if these building will actually get built as shown, but new development is good for this area. It will strengthen this anchor between downtown to the south, Addison/Plano/Frisco to the north, Richardson Telecom Corridor to the east, and Las Colinas to the west.

The surrounding area has great potential, especially as the nearby 1970's apartment complexes and strip malls are replaced with more urban development. The area would benefit a lot by becoming more pedestrian friendly for both shoppers and residents.

Let's hope the models actually look a lot better than the graphics. I have no problem with twisty designs per se, but these particular drawings look all too quirky.
......oh brother............ :wacko:
That's not the future. That's wadded up pieces of garbage.
...........Are u serious!!!!!................ :wacko:

There are several Dallas projects that make me envious and even a few that I would describe as stunning (the Museum tower comes to mind).

This is NOT one of them. This screams contrived. IMO, quality architecture shouldn't feel forced. This is just bad.

• 4 months later...

0307icontower.jpg

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ria.e24d3b.html

Official Announcement:

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/go...amp;newsLang=en

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Icon Partners, L.L.C. announced today plans to develop Midtown, a new 3.7 million gross square foot mixed-use development, to be located at the most traveled intersection in Texas: I-635/LBJ Freeway and the Dallas North Tollway. The 20-acre first phase of Icon

• 1 month later...

I find those towers very visually distracting, and not in a good way. In the weird trippy-flashback sort of way. Melting buildings aside, what ruins it for me is there's no transiton, or I guess integration, to the standard fountain/patio tables, town square next to them.

I find those towers very visually distracting, and not in a good way. In the weird trippy-flashback sort of way. Melting buildings aside, what ruins it for me is there's no transiton, or I guess integration, to the standard fountain/patio tables, town square next to them.

It looks like a scary place in Vegas to me.

This project looks FANTASTIC! Sometimes things are designed to make a statement on purpose, and that is clearly what this was designed to do. I'm not sure I would like a city covered in such designs, but every once in a while it's nice to break from the monotony of simple box designs. Give me a great variety of designs in a city. The good and the bad (with the exception of the Mercer in Houston, which is one of the worst buildings ever).

• 2 months later...

as much as i love cutting edge architecture, i dont like those tower one bit. the look like crumled up aluminum cans... i completely agree with kinkaid when he says the scream contrived. it's a helluva a project, but those towers are not attractive in least. they look like something out of a hunter s. thompson novel.

that being said, i really wish houston would push the envelope like dallas is doing... at least occasionally. the ritz should be a step in the right direction.

While not specifically naming this project, this article doesn't make it sound like a project of this scale is about to break ground any time soon.

"In most U.S. markets, the average occupancy rate for office space is 90% to 92%; in Dallas-Fort Worth, it's less than 80%, Dannis said. Depending on job creation, Dallas could go four or five years without any speculative office development before reaching 90% occupancy, he said".

Less than 80% occupancy? That's pretty bad.

Yeah it wouldn't make any economic sense to build the project right now. Dallas better sop up some of that vacant office space first before trying to build something like this. Cool project though!

Yeah it wouldn't make any economic sense to build the project right now. Dallas better sop up some of that vacant office space first before trying to build something like this. Cool project though!

Yeah...I see alot of people are having a hard time digesting the design....me on the other hand thinks that the design of the buildings themselves would be the eye catcher of the whole development...I dont think texas will see to many developments like this.And I also think that people here are not used to edgy developments like this .....if this was a proposal like in Chicago or LA it would be well welcomed....and as for sopping up office space....Dallas has been in this vicious cycle for as long as I can remember so this is nothing new...just my two pennies. B)

Yeah...I see alot of people are having a hard time digesting the design....me on the other hand thinks that the design of the buildings themselves would be the eye catcher of the whole development...I dont think texas will see to many developments like this.And I also think that people here are not used to edgy developments like this .....if this was a proposal like in Chicago or LA it would be well welcomed....and as for sopping up office space....Dallas has been in this vicious cycle for as long as I can remember so this is nothing new...just my two pennies. B)

But now Dallas and with the rest of the nation faces new problems, Bad Economy and slow Housing markets. Where this project is being built has nothing to do with it. The fact remains is that Dallas and the metroplex continue to shoot themselves in the foot by overbuilding all these new urban areas without filling up the existing space first. It was recently announced Dallas is going to slow down building for a few years so it may be a while before this comes a reality anyway.

Archived