Business Openings Around College Station

keyser

Just thought some non-BCS people might be interested in an update on some of the new businesses that have opened here in the last couple of weeks.

- The Culpepper Plaza shopping center (at corner of Texas Avenue and Harvey Rd.) renovations seem to be mostly complete. The main anchor, Kohl's, has now opened, and a Spec's wine/liquor store has opened in one of the larger anchors.

- The development North of University Drive, next to the bypass (highway 6) is continuing to grow. Michael's has opened (and it looks like some other smaller stores are going in there), and Fish Daddy's restaurant (which burned down about 1.5 years ago, just before it opened) has finally been rebuilt and opened.

- In Bryan, a Cotton Patch Cafe has opened near the Premiere Cinemas.

I'm sure there are others, but those jumped out at me.

Just thought some non-BCS people might be interested in an update on some of the new businesses that have opened here in the last couple of weeks.

- The Culpepper Plaza shopping center (at corner of Texas Avenue and Harvey Rd.) renovations seem to be mostly complete. The main anchor, Kohl's, has now opened, and a Spec's wine/liquor store has opened in one of the larger anchors.

- The development North of University Drive, next to the bypass (highway 6) is continuing to grow. Michael's has opened (and it looks like some other smaller stores are going in there), and Fish Daddy's restaurant (which burned down about 1.5 years ago, just before it opened) has finally been rebuilt and opened.

- In Bryan, a Cotton Patch Cafe has opened near the Premiere Cinemas.

I'm sure there are others, but those jumped out at me.

Good summary of the comings and goings:

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp...amp;forum_id=35

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I'm a TexAgs addict myself, but I'd really like to get the B-CS section of HAIF going again.

I'll try to add some stuff to the Bryan threads and maybe Aggie0083 or someone else could update the goings on in CS.

That would be great... My job moved me away from Bryan about two years ago, so keeping up with all of the changes and new things has been limited to what has been posted here. I was glad to finally be able to see some pics of the BTC... Finally Bryan gets a quality development of sorts.

• 7 months later...

New Development opening soon in the city of Bryan

I will add more later but for now:

-New Chase bank in the Bonneville Kroger shopping center

-New Burger King at the old AM/PM Clinic location at the corner of Texas and 29th

-Brazos Valley Bank in the Sul-Mar Center

-New 5 or 6 story Best Western off of Bonneville near Highway 6

-New Walgreens next to the Best Western mentioned above

-New chain restaurant from the Houston area called Village Pizza & Seafood going in the Old Wings N More spot @ Hwy 21 & Hwy 6

-New Must be Heaven in Downtown Bryan

• 8 months later...

Also, a few weeks ago, I noticed the Goody's sign is gone and Big Lots is opening its place.

To be honest, I didn't miss Big Lots when it left the first time.unsure.gif

I didn't either, it seemed kind of trashy to me. Are all of them like that?

• The title was changed to Business Openings Around College Station

Archived