Zell Miller

The New Juniper

Zell Miller is an opportunistic windbag who'd trash his mother to make a few more bucks selling a few more books to the Republican brainwashed androids known as the party faithful. He will make a perfect Republican or based on his speech last night, the perfect Nazi. Come to the think of it, the Republican Party today is not far away becoming a new Nazi Party. "Be like us or DIE!" "Believe what we believe or DIE!" "Worship like we worship or DIE" Pray to the throne of Bush/Kerry or you, your opinion, and your freedom to think for yourself will be eliminated" " Conform or be destroyed" "We will destroy your country to force you to be like us. So, don't worry, be happy God sent superior beings to free you and make you whole......or DIE"

The only thing that keeps me from laughing at all the suckers who have been duped into believing that W is a great man and a great president is just how sad and pathetic it is.

I'm not sorry if you are offended. This is not usually a partisan political forum, so if you don't wan't to have your Republican propaganda challenged - don't bring it to this forum.

I'm not sorry if you are offended. This is not usually a partisan political forum, so if you don't wan't to have your Republican propaganda challenged - don't bring it to this forum.

This kind of stuff is what I love seeing from the Democrats. Keep on hating my friend. This is precisely why you will lose.

Hatred will eat you up.

Oh, and it sounds like you need a nap.

W04.

Juniper

Hate? Yep, I hate with all my heart what the Bush administration has done to our great country and to the rest of the world.

You offer nothing but the typical Republican response: Don't deal with any truths, just attack the messenger for bringing it to anyone's attention. You all sing the same tune. Like I said, androids.

Speaking of hate, have you bothered to read your party's official platform. It's just one of the most hate-filled political documents ever compiled. Don't answer that, I quite sure you have not. Just like your W, you probably don't bother to read much. Just keep believing what you're told. You, my friend, keep on blindly believing the hype. Vote for W and help the country and the world to lose.

Meanwhile, why don't you do something that W won't do: educate yourself. Try this.

THE REAL ZELL.

It turns out that Zell Miller is

Typical Democrat response. I've read the party platform, and no I don't agree with everything on there. Neither does Arnold Schwarzenegger or Giulliani, or McCain. But they are all good Republicans. You see we can have disagreements in the most civil sense as Republicans. What you've managed to do is typcial of the left-wing hate-driven propaganda. You've thrown around insults and demonic accusations, while at no time offering any ideas or intelligent debate. This is the downfall of the Democratic Party that lost an election after the most popular peacetime president in history.

Hate? Yep, I hate with all my heart what the Bush administration has done to our great country and to the rest of the world.

My earlier point was that hate will not win you elections. This certainly drives home that point.

As for Zell Miller, please go back and reread my initial post. The speech he gave was great. Whether or not you agree with the content, it was a great speech. If you want to debate Zell's character, you will have to argue with yourself. Again, great speech.

I am able to see through the fog and separate character from performance. Clinton, while I didn't necessarily agree with many of his policies, was a great, stress great, orator and politician. Rarely do we find someone with his ability.

It may surprise you to know that I am pro choice and anti gun. Yet, a Republican nonetheless.

I am sure John Kerry is a good man. I prefer that he stay in the Senate, b/c alternate views ensure vigorous debate, etc.

That is perhaps where we differ. I do not wish to say that Kerry is a murderer or whatever you wish to brand our President as.

George Bush is the President of the United States and has performed admirably under tremendous hardship for the country. The office commands respect, just as it did when Clinton acted in a questionable manner. At no time did I ever believe he was any less deserving of respect just because of my personal disagreement with some conduct.

People who wish to bash George Bush really confuse me. Why some vitriolic hatred?

Questions:

What exactly is your definition of a good republican?

Do you consider Zell Miller's speech last night to have been in keeping with the "the most civil sense" that you describe?

Coming from a party that has for weeks been trying to discredit Kerry's heroic service to this country through lies and completely unsubstantiated reports, can you really say with a straight face that your party's actions are not typcial of right-wing hate-driven propaganda?

Republicans as I wrote earlier NEVER, ever want to deal with facts or truths. Are you suggesting that the statements and actions attributed to Zell Miller are not true? Do you know whether they are true or not? Does the truth matter to you?

Are you really so naive to believe that the Democrats "lost" the last election? It was delivered to the most undeserving and unqualified man in history, which may be reviewed historically as nothing less than a politcal coup.

Furthermore, I would have been ashamed to have been a Republican in 2000 promoting the notion that an incredible loser like W whose only successes in life came about from his neverending use of the great name, reputation and respect that his father EARNED from a lifetime of service to his country, was undisputedly the very best candidate in the entire country that the party had to offer.

He was less qualified to be Gov. or Pres. than Alan Keyes is to be Illinois' next senator. Please don't make yourself look like a fool by telling me that Keyes is the best candidate that the Republicans have to offer. It still makes me laugh that W is the best you have to offer now.

I'll hold my breath waiting for your "ideas or intelligent debate".

Republicans are good at twisting words and removing context when it suits them. I did not say that I hate W or Zell. I said and I do hate what the Bush admin has done to this country. I have a profound passion that is engaged when I believe as I do that someone, anyone is damaging my country, mylife, and my freedom. You can call it hate or anything else you want.

However, after the unbridled, unprecendented hatred that the Republican Party unleashed and promoted for a decade and to this day against the President and Mrs. Clinton, I can only take your admonishment for my hatred of Republican policies with a grain of salt. The Republican party, especially in the last two decades is the unrivaled master of hatred-infused politics in this country.

There is a difference between a cheapshot and a lie. A difference between a lie and the truth. I'm not suprised that you think all is fair, even lies, because that's pretty much the way the Republican party operates these days. The Bush administration leads the way. The war in Iraq is the perfect example of this philosophy. You think it's OK as long as you win. I don't. It's pretty simple.

Are you really so naive to believe that the Democrats "lost" the last election? It was delivered to the most undeserving and unqualified man in history, which may be reviewed historically as nothing less than a politcal coup.

Come on, say it: Selected not Elected. I know you want to. That is the Sour Grapes Anthem. Selected not Elected. Or, my personal favorite: "Nobody died when Clinton Lied."

Man, you guys may not be worth shooting as politicians, but you can come up with some great catch phrases...

As far as Alan Keyes: Where in God's name did you get that??? You must really be looking for a fight if you are bringing up Alan Keyes. Also, I didn't mean to scare you by referring to God...Sorry.

All of your nonsense about how unqualified and stupid GWB is is predictable, yet strangely entertaining. Again: YOU LOST IN 2000. GET OVER IT.

Get a job, contribute to society, pay your taxes. Then you'll see why being a Republican makes sense. In the mean time, continue to hole up and subscribe to welosttheelectionandmustcomeupwithaconspiracyastowhy.com

I thought this was going to be a good discussion. However, your use of the same, tired rhetoric is disappointing.

Sorry to end with this, but you are a pathetic loser who needs to grow up.

Over and out.

Good luck and hope you get some help.

I'll check back in on you after the election. That is, unless you move out of the country if your boy loses. Wait, isn't that Baldwin idiot still here despite his threat/promise???? :lol:

Typical liberal idiot.

W04 :D

Name-calling. Jesus! (that's God, right?) Can't take being challenged? Can't answer a question without relying on rhetoric?

"Get a job, contribute to society, pay your taxes." and "Sorry to end with this, but you are a pathetic loser who needs to grow up."

You don't know me from Adam, but you've reached all of these conclusions about me, personally? I'm laughiing out loud because your immaturity is so blatant. Forgive me for engaging you in a discussion that is obviously much more than you can handle. I hope it didn't hurt too much. You'll be OK, I promise. The effect of having your intellect challenged will not cause permanent damage.

I have a lot of Republican friends and family. They would be disgraced that you would call yourself one of them.

Name-calling. Jesus! (that's God, right?) Can't take being challenged? Can't answer a question without relying on rhetoric?

"Get a job, contribute to society, pay your taxes." and "Sorry to end with this, but you are a pathetic loser who needs to grow up."

You don't know me from Adam, but you've reached all of these conclusions about me, personally? I'm laughiing out loud because your immaturity is so blatant. Forgive me for engaing you in a discussion that is obviously much more than you can handle. I hope it didn't hurt too much. You'll be OK, I promise. The effect of having your intellect challenged will not cause permanent damage.

I have a lot of Republican friends and family. They would be disgraced that you would call yourself one of them.

Now that is a response of which you can be proud. Seriously, that's good. The others were predictable. But, once you felt personally challenged, you pulled through.
You don't know me from Adam

I do know Adam, I served with Adam, and you sir are no Adam....

You are still obviously harboring serious resentment from 2000, which is understandable. I would be upset if my guy had the election stolen from him by the most powerful family in American History.....no wait, that's your line.

Anyway. All name calling aside. You side like a smart guy. Use your powers for good. Stay away from the dark side.

There are Republicans that I would prefer to expel from the party. There are Democrats with whom I agree. I apologize to you and the entire board for starting what has turned into such a heated thread.

Olive branch extended. Be a big man and accept and let's move on.org :)

Juniper

I did not see the Zell Miller speech, but I read the transcript.

Much of his speech had to do with the development of sophisticated (expensive) military aircraft, and Kerry's record of voting against the bills funding them. That these aircraft were used in Iraq, according to Mr. Miller, shows that Sen. Kerry was misguided in his opposition.

But were these high-tech aircraft really needed? Iraq's army was not that of a superpower's. I believe the same results could have been accomplished without such expensive hardware.

The savings could have been used to support a larger standing army - and Iraq has shown us that we're sorely lacking in that respect - or, heaven forbid, to help pay off the national debt.

Mr. Miller's speech was doubtlessly more stirring than my ideas. But I guess fiscal conservatism just ain't sexy.

These high-tech aircraft were/are absolutely needed. Not for the utility of war, but for the prevention of war. I would say that there are few countries that would escalate a conflict with the U.S. because of our military superiority. (Aside from the N. Koreans and S.H.s of the world). I'm with you. While the national debt is high in nominal terms, it pales in comparison in real terms to the debt incurred by Reaganomics. I think you're going to see the positive outcome of the Bush taxcuts soon. CNBC ran a story during they're Power Lunch about how the U.S. has entered into an ownership society since W took office (home, stocks, bonds, businesses, etc.) as a result of the tax cuts. Tax cuts good, his spending bad. I tend to agree with you bigtex.

Zell Miller is an opportunistic windbag who'd trash his mother to make a few more bucks selling a few more books to the Republican brainwashed androids known as the party faithful. He will make a perfect Republican or based on his speech last night, the perfect Nazi.  Come to the think of it, the Republican Party today is not far away becoming a new Nazi Party. "Be like us or DIE!"  "Believe what we believe or DIE!"  "Worship like we worship or DIE" Pray to the throne of Bush/Kerry or you, your opinion, and your freedom to think for yourself will be eliminated"  " Conform or be destroyed"  "We will destroy your country to force you to be like us. So, don't worry, be happy God sent superior beings to free you and make you whole......or DIE"

The only thing that keeps me from laughing at all the suckers who have been duped into believing that W is a great man and a great president is just how sad and pathetic it is.

Wait...who's the robot?

Zell Miller's speech was over the top. He attacked Kerry for voting against several military items, and listed them separately, even though they were all part of the same bill. Nevermind the fact that DICK CHENEY, as secretary of defense, tried to get Congress to cut these items even further. Miller also flipped out with Chris Matthews - he got so angry that he challenged him to a duel.

Believe me, if there were some way to kick people out of the party, Zell Miller would've been gone three years ago.

Thanks to all for restoring sanity and a sense of decorum to the discussion.

I will leave you (and this discussion) with one final thought:

The speech, misguided or not, was very well written. It was designed to whip the electorate into a frenzy and mission accomplished.

He may be the grandwizard of the KKK. He may be a hot head. The aforementioned would explain why he's a Democrat.

JUST KIDDING :lol:

Peace.

Thanks to all for restoring sanity and a sense of decorum to the discussion.

I will leave you (and this discussion) with one final thought:

The speech, misguided or not, was very well written.  It was designed to whip the electorate into a frenzy and mission accomplished.

He may be the grandwizard of the KKK.  He may be a hot head.  The aforementioned would explain why he's a Democrat.

JUST KIDDING :lol:

Peace.

It was a "firey" speech and I enjoyed listening to it.

I'm no Kerry fan but I think a while ago (back in June on a Meet The Press Interview)) he was very clear (one of the few things, IMO, he's been clear about) about why he voted against the proposed bill. The bill, in his opinion, did not address the true needs of the soldiers already in conflict and, as Tex mentioned, provided for weaponry that wasn't essential to the mission in Iraq. In Kerry's words, there wasn't much give on the issue and it was going to be voted in anyway but he voted "nay" on the principle that the bill, as designed, did not address the true needs of the soldiers already engaged, in his opinion, and was far too generous to aspects of the military that didn't need them at this time and under this economy.

Zell Miller knows this and yet he went political with his actions, charging Kerry with not wanting to help our men annd women in Iraq (when that's not the case, according to Kerry's explanation of his own actions). This is exactly why politics sucks, because people will commend Miller on what was obviously a well written speech but not realize that most of what he was saying was inaccurate and pretty unfair (if there's such a thing in politics) to all senators involved with the construction and debating of said bill.

• 1 year later...
I am not a huge politico, but WOW did I enjoy Zell Miller's speech last night at the Republican Convention. That may have been the best "fire and brimstone" speech in our generation.

Coming from a Democrat, it may well be the nail in the Kerry coffin.

Here's to hoping so.

Again, I LOVED it.

Thoughts?

Juniper

Things would make sense if Zell Miller would simply become a Republican and Lincoln Chaffee would become a Democrat.

Archived