there has been a sign for over a year now off the north i-10 feeder past barker cypress for a new texas childrens hospital. has anyone heard anymore about this new development?

and is interfin ever going to develop the land north of i-10 at grand parkway because that was where the 'new' galleria was supposed to be built. I think they are in impending lawsuits with katy mills mall, but I am not too sure.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

i've known for a while now that texas childrens hospital was planning on builing thier west campus at barker-cyress and i-10 near park row. it is across the street from the new bally center and i noticed they put a new sign up saying "Texas Childrens Hospital- West Campus". its a big red sign with thier logo on it. anyone have any details or the scoop of when they are going to start on this?

• Like 1

It will be open by 2010. It is part of their Vision 2010 Expansion Campaign. I have all the details and will post it later. PSP is the architect.

Texas Children's Hospital Vision 2010:

http://www.tchvision2010.org/web/2010/Newsroom.htm

Something interesting said by CEO of TCH Mark Wallace in the Press Conference webcast was his mentioning that Houstons epicenter was moving west, something we've discussed on this forum before. Just a fun fact.

It's also here in the West Campus fact sheet: "Research projects explosive

population growth will make West Houston the epicenter of Houston by the year 2020 (an

estimated 51 percent of pediatric population growth between 2000 and 2015)."

WEST CAMPUS (55 acre site)

n159900085_30195157_1374.jpg

NEUROLOGICAL INSTITUTE (2010 completion. 15 floors. 400,000sqf of space)

n159900085_30195172_3837.jpg

Feigin Center for Research (2008 completion. An additional 8 stories to a existing 12 story. I think we discussed this one somewhere else)

n159900085_30195198_9483.jpg

Maternity Center (Fall 2010 completion. Connected to main hospital campus. 14 floors. 700,000sqf.)

n159900085_30195199_3145.jpg

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 1

I like the fact that the skywalk seems to have trees inside it!

From the rendering, makes you wonder where the people are gonna walk.

But I'm assuming all these except the west campus one will be at TMC? I couldn't find any location information.

From the rendering, makes you wonder where the people are gonna walk.

But I'm assuming all these except the west campus one will be at TMC? I couldn't find any location information.

The Maternity Center will be located on Fannin St. at the current site of the Crowne Plaza Hotel and the Wells Fargo Bank

Building.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed the other day that the Crowne Plaza looks like it's really been gutted. I'm sure it's coming down soon. I'd love to see the implosion if anybody has any details. I missed the last one in the TMC and I really regret it!

• 1 month later...

alright peeps, i drove by the site yesturday and there was a utility truck with some guys putting on orange ribbon on trees. i think the trees with the ribbon are getting cut down. and there was also a lil bit of cleared land. but dont quote me on the cleared land part.

• 1 year later...

Since this thread hasn't been updated since the end of '07... this one is under construction and there is yet another a cluster of cranes at the site. Looks like more since it is being built adjacent to Methodist's site, so there are about 6 cranes total right around that corner. At this point, they've just begun on the first floor of what I'm guessing will be the hospital.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

well both hopitals are topped out!! they have already started on siding. the methodist hospital has two buildings and idk if TX Chil. has more than one or not. with these two hospitals supposedly land value will go up and also a lot of boosted business and more workers in the area. fyi- driving on park row heading towards greenhouse, the hospitals look freakin massive!!

• Like 1

well both hopitals are topped out!! they have already started on siding. the methodist hospital has two buildings and idk if TX Chil. has more than one or not. with these two hospitals supposedly land value will go up and also a lot of boosted business and more workers in the area. fyi- driving on park row heading towards greenhouse, the hospitals look freakin massive!!

any pictures?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Texas Children's Hospital and West Houston
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Texas Children's Hospital West Campus
  • 1 year later...