Five Oaks Place/Woodside: Office Tower At 1500 Post Oak Bvd.

fernz

Also the 20 story building underway at I-10 & Eldridge, the new Rida development 30 story hotel downtown, and maybe another office building and hotel next to BBVA on Post Oak.

Does anyone know what's going on off of S. Post Oak Lane just south of Riverway? It also looks like more land may be cleared soon between there and 1360 Post Oak off of S. Post Oak Lane.

Also the 20 story building underway at I-10 & Eldridge, the new Rida development 30 story hotel downtown, and maybe another office building and hotel next to BBVA on Post Oak.

Does anyone know what's going on off of S. Post Oak Lane just south of Riverway? It also looks like more land may be cleared soon between there and 1360 Post Oak off of S. Post Oak Lane.

apartments, can't remember who but boy is it a large lot... seems to go back forever.

I love the building itself and the infill, but that design doesn't blend well with the other buildings nearby IMO. I think this building would be better suited for the TMC, Greenway Plaza or west Houston. It actually looks a lot like the rendering I saw for the 40 story AIM headquarters that were planned, but never built in GWP. I thought that would have been a great spot for a building like this.

• Like 1

I agree that this spot isn't ideal and will exacerbate traffic woes. Like the design although accounting for this firm's other work they kind of phoned it in. We'll see.

I really like the building. In some ways it does look like it is from the 80s though.

I kinda think resi towers are different from office and they don't really need to blend in with nearby towers. Different is good. For people who don't visit the area often, they'll know for certain its an addition to the area. Ones like Whiteco don't really stand out.

I like the project as well. I agree that there could be more "sizzle" in the design but the angled corners and crown make we wonder what this building will look like at night.  It would great to have something interesting to anchor this corner as you turn from 610 and head down Post Oak.  I will remain optimistic....

I just prefer something that blends in better. I do like the building itself...and as DRUTH was saying earlier, it has potential for good night lighting. Four Oaks Place blends in really well with the Four Leaf Towers, and even 1200 Post Oak on the other side IMO. I love the colors of the buildings all the way from 1200 Post Oak through the blue towers and smaller brown tower at Four Oaks Place and the Four Leaf Towers with the Cosmopolitan blending in as nicely as it could have IMO. I love the colors through the skyline district of downtown, also. I would love to see some yellow, lavender, gold and more light brown and green colors in the Post Oak Area...and perhaps some oranges and reds, too. There can be better night lighting all over the city, too. You guys remember the lighting at night that was all over Houston when we hosted the Super Bowl in 2004? I thought it was the coolest Houston has looked in the 34 years of my life. It was awesome. I was very impressed, and even proud to a degree. If it was all lit up by solar power, I would have been truly proud.

Edited by por favor gracias

• 2 weeks later...

Hate to say I told you so bitches!

but you didn't tell us anything... you're information was 100% innaccurate. BHP never bought the site nor did they ever move anyone out of their Galleria office into downtown (it's been the opposite actually). In addition it's been known for years that BHP was ultimately going to have TIAA-CREF build them a new office.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

From the Pickard Chilton book:

Complementing and completing the adjacent Four Oaks Place, owned by TIAA-CREF and designed by Cesar Pelli & Associates, 1500 Post Oak Boulevard creates a new focal point for the development and  defines a fresh southern edge along the complex's central garden.  The office tower also serves as the main entry for the development and welcomes visitors with a spacious, naturally lit lobby. At night, the prismatic crown atop the building reveals the building's presence in the Houston Skyline.

Seven levels of parking serve the building's Class-A office space. The efficient floor plates conserve resources and lend themselves to convenient planning and office space management by tenants. The tower design includes numerous sustainable features, and is expected to achieve LEED-CS Gold certification. For example, a glass curtain wall clads the tower, articulated by a delicate screen of sunshades that reduce heat gain from the Texas sun, while bringing a more intimate scale to the building.

9306464769_393dcaaffa_b.jpg

9306464813_24958dcac1_b.jpg

• Like 5

Per the rendering, it looks like the the curtain wall/crown will add an additional 5 floors or so. So this will appear to be a 35-story building. Pretty dominating in that part of uptown, yes?

four leaf towers are 40 each right? 35 office vs. 40 residnetial is probably pretty similar in height i would assume. it will definitely stand out, though.

• 4 weeks later...