Five Oaks Place/Woodside: Office Tower At 1500 Post Oak Bvd.

fernz

You gotta give us more info than what seems like a hunch lockmat lol

Whats got you thinking its back?

I know, sorry. ;P

bidclerk.com had an updated bid proposal on it. They were not taking bids b/c they're still looking for financing. Does anyone know how bidclerk finds these bid proposals? I'm sure it's public info somehow.

My lame attempt at obtaining some information from Pickard Chilton failed. They said it's confidential at this time but should the status change they will be posting to their website.

Still holding out on Transwestern :)

Edited by lockmat

I don't have anything concrete, but I got asked to do some budget work for a supposed 17 story or so tower in this area. They wouldn't tell me much beside that it was suppossedly in the same area, about 17 floors, funded, had a tenant and was moving forward very quickly. Probably a June Start. Sounds like it could be the same thing. How's that for speculation.

• Like 1

I don't have anything concrete, but I got asked to do some budget work for a supposed 17 story or so tower in this area. They wouldn't tell me much beside that it was suppossedly in the same area, about 17 floors, funded, had a tenant and was moving forward very quickly. Probably a June Start. Sounds like it could be the same thing. How's that for speculation.

Not bad... thanks for the info. :)

If that's the case, the 24 Hour Fitness is going to have to be demolished soon, unless the June start date means the start of the demolition work.

• 5 months later...

I was browsing and saw this. Please do not tell me this was some cancelled project!

gallery_723_64_17810.jpg

forgot the link: http://www.paynerowl.../Architecture/7

second edit: I didn't notice that I could expand the caption to see the description of the project, which says:

Office building in the Galleria area, Houston.

If not readily apparent, the tallest building is the one added to the scene.

Architect, Pickard Chilton

Photo: Joe Aker.

Third edit: Their AIG rendering caption says that it is a "proposed building." By deduction... :)

Edited by lockmat

see my third edit in original post :)

Another good sign is that this was once a site that was going to be developed, looks like the old site of the Titan condo tower, where McDonalds is.

Also, I think this is like the fourth building in their que, which I would hope is a good sign?

Hold up, is this actually on the four leaf property? Didn't they announce within the past couple years that they were planning on building an office tower?

Hold up, again. I think this is actually in between the Cosmopolitan and the Four Oaks Place buildings. My bad

Edited by lockmat

Looks like that may have been the Perennial. 22 stories, June start, main tenant already secured.

The 24-hour Fitness is not only still there, the people there have not heard anything about it possibly being closed any time soon.

I particularly love how it totally doesn't fit at all with any of the buildings in the area, and would take a fair chunk of space in the few out my window. I'd like to see another tower there, but I'd like it to be less of a glass box.

BHP Billiton keeps its outside-Australia headquarters next door: in 1994 the Chronicle says it leased a 90 ksf upon moving from San Felipe Plaza; now it takes five times as much ...more than their secondary head offices in London and Singapore, or their marketing centers in Singapore, Antwerp and The Hague, I'm guessing.

If and when the Petrohawk conjunction goes through, do you think downtown Houston will lose one of its fastest rising tenants

http://blog.chron.co...ing-in-houston/

or will BHP choose not to consolidate at Four Oaks Place? The first link says, "no flow of ideas upwards allowed."

Edited by strickn

A slow news day: nothing going up in the past twelve hours. BHPB's tower lease extends another ten years from now, while it is for the petroleum division and not the mines outside Australia headquarters as I wrote. You saw that a consolidation downtown was the third alternative I completely ruled out. It is fun to speculate on 800 Bell's future (not to be the Exxon Building) including another single owner instead of partition for one mixed use or another. Since that review site remarks that many of BHPB Petroleum managers are Exxon alums, one imagines they'd enjoy it fairly well. But although BHPBP's building on Post Oak is full, and the other three towers of Four Oaks Place have a scant four available floors between them, I dunno what to expect.

User Golyadkin [re?]posted Payne Rowlett's rendering of this tower on http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=5365456&postcount=11 this week:

gallery_723_64_17810.jpg

that rendering is that of Five Oaks Place, in case that hasn't already been determined. same rendering that has been out for a while, although maybe not public. it was to be 35 stories, making it the largest in the complex (1330 post oak is 30 stories). BHP just renewed and expanded at 1360 post oak, taking the entire building plus a few floors at 1330 i believe.

petrohawk occupies somewhere around 120-150K sf at wells fargo and their lease runs thru 2012 or thereabouts. it is way too early to tell what BHP plans on doing, although a bts wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities with the way they have been expanding. that said, i have heard nothing substantial concerning 5OP.

• 4 months later...

I believe it means they want permission to construct a building that is 15' back from the road (or the property line).

More importantly, it means that something is happening with this site, and this tower may well be going up.

which is somewhat strange since i was under the impression that TIAA-CREF was actively shopping 4 Oaks Place in the market.