HEB Planned West Of Fairfield At Cypresswood And Mason

mrfootball

I drove up that way yesterday and noticed the two "Coming Soon" signs for the HEB Fairfield Market to be located in between Fairfield Place and Bauer Rd (most likely on future Grand Pkwy frontage).

Wow! And just a few exits down from one that is currently under construction. HEB is expanding fast!

I drove up that way yesterday and noticed the two "Coming Soon" signs for the HEB Fairfield Market to be located in between Fairfield Place and Bauer Rd (most likely on future Grand Pkwy frontage).

HEB has owned that corner (NW corner of GP and 290) for several years now (I think it is approaching over four years now). The do plan on building the grocery anchor, but according to them, probably not until there is a little more definition on the timeline for GP. There prefered agenda would to have it open about the same time as the GP. I would expect a few small pieces of the property to go in sooner though (like what happened at Barker Cypress and 290, where the Sonic went in first).

They need something up that way closer to Prairie View, students have nothing close except for a few places in Hempstead which are not worth shopping at. I wonder when it will be ready, I saw it the sign yesterday when I was in that area coming from Hockley.

• 2 weeks later...

Prairie View is the winner in all of this....10,000 students out there..now if they can get those landowners to give up that land...about time someone noticed their buying power...Makes me want to come back out there and start working again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Was told by a Fairfield resident this weekend that this HEB is no longer going to be placed where the signs are at GP and 290, but rather is going to be built across from the unfinished strip center at Cypreswood and Mason at the front of Fairfield. And that construction is expected to start soon. Anyone know if there's any truth to any of this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

amazing....some communities can't get a single grocery store at all while others get 3 per mile

Where I grew up, we were promised an HEB at the corner of the Beltway and have nothing...it's been 12 years since they proposed it....now they have this Joe V's concept to hide their brand name in certain areas

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that the Randall's at the corner of Hwy 6 & 529 (Copperfield) is closed. Had a big 50% off day Monday.

And last week they closed their Louetta at Champions Forest location. I'm starting to wonder when Safeway will cut their losses and dump this operation.

• 2 months later...

This new HEB Fairfield Market on 290/Mason will be approximately 108,000 square feet. This store will be considered a "up" store. It will feature 18 straight lined registers at checkout, cafe on the run, Healthy Living department and a wide selection of organic/specialty items.The store layout is the same as the new Sugarland Market and Woodlands 4 Northern Market stores which opened last year. Grand Opening date for the new Fairfield Market is set November 14, 2012 at 6am.

The new HEB Jersey Village on Jones/West will be a transformed former Randalls topping 65,000 square feet. It will be considered a "core" store. This store will have no Healthy Living department, no Cafe on the run, not as big of selection of organic and specialty items. The store will feature 11 straight lined registers and a fully functioning business center and pharmacy. Grand Opening is slated for mid October 2012.

HEB also has land already purchased for a 5th Woodlands store near Sawdust and Riley Fizzel Road and a 2nd Pearland store on Pearland Parkway. There is no word yet on when construction will begin.

• The title was changed to HEB Planned West Of Fairfield At Cypresswood And Mason

Archived