Home At 4427 Firestone Dr.

HoustonRealtor

Brand new listing in Willow Meadows at $172.38 per square foot. Highest sold price per square foot in MLS is $169.51 in August 2007. A few others have sold around $167.00 per square foot. HAR Link

I think $370,000 - $380,000 is more realistic. 4415 Silverwood is the nicest flip I've ever seen and it didn't even break the 400k mark.

Bottom line, they overpaid for the house when they bought it.

flipper

edit: I think this might be in the wrong forum.

Edited by flipper

can't believe there are no trees. :huh:

It's getting pretty bad in the Willows (willowbrook,willow bend,willow meadows). The ash trees are getting to the age that they are falling down or dropping limbs and the oaks that haven't been kept up aren't doing well either. We (myself included) need to be planting trees in our yards right now so the hood won't be bare in 10 years.

flipper

PS. I'll go look at this house tommorow and let you know what I really think :)

Edited by flipper

The house itself looks pretty cool but the "rehab" is an abomination! The Reagan administration called...they want their antique brass flush mount cheap-o Wal-Mart ceiling fans back. I don't care if the stove is a Jenn Air (which isn't that good in the first place) whoever did the install needs to get a clue....its sticking out and it looks like there's a big gap to the side of it. What's up with the faucets in the bathroom? Those single lever jobbies look like something out of a motel. Then that drop in bathtub...as a shower? LEAK CITY! The tub surround will be full of mold and rotten wood in 5 years or less.

The house itself looks pretty cool but the "rehab" is an abomination! The Reagan administration called...they want their antique brass flush mount cheap-o Wal-Mart ceiling fans back. I don't care if the stove is a Jenn Air (which isn't that good in the first place) whoever did the install needs to get a clue....its sticking out and it looks like there's a big gap to the side of it. What's up with the faucets in the bathroom? Those single lever jobbies look like something out of a motel. Then that drop in bathtub...as a shower? LEAK CITY! The tub surround will be full of mold and rotten wood in 5 years or less.

You aren't allowed to look at any of my projects! I don't think I could take the criticism! :)

flipper

You aren't allowed to look at any of my projects! I don't think I could take the criticism! :)

flipper

I herd that, that's why I don't post a pic of my house.

jm1fd = Chef Ramsey, just kidding :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Marty

I see from the photo titles that the house has a "port cachere". I wouldn't normally flame someone for a spelling error (I miss a lot of keys, and have dyslexic fingers), but that one can't be accidental.

Hard to believe prices are that high over there. I lived on Bening and Waycross years back, and never expected much out of that area.

can't believe there are no trees. :huh:

Some people think Houston has way too many trees. Visitors from the West tell me they get claustrophobia in Houston because they can't see the sky when they are in the neighborhoods. They like open spaces with big sky.

hr1931890-6.jpg

Before 4427 Firestone Drive

Home buyers in other areas seek out vintage kitchens and will pay extra for original

countertops like these.

hr1931890-5.jpg

hr2008647-6.jpg

After..."Custom-Ordered Cabinetry"...Now that's a-shame...Not only is it uninteresting

and inappropriate, but it seems like a waste of $5,000.00.

Lets buy a neat 1950s style house with a sterile generic kitchen!

flipper

Yours aren't nearly as bad as this one. I think my biggest complaint about your houses is that your kitchen cabs look like the ones you can buy off the shelf at Home Despot, even though they're custom.

Some people think Houston has way too many trees. Visitors from the West tell me they get claustrophobia in Houston because they can't see the sky when they are in the neighborhoods. They like open spaces with big sky.

hr1931890-6.jpg

Home buyers in other areas seek out vintage kitchens and will pay extra for original

countertops like these.

hr1931890-5.jpg

hr2008647-6.jpg

After..."Custom-Ordered Cabinetry"...Now that's a-shame...Not only is it uninteresting

They took something interesting and unique and instead of playing on it, stripped the house of its character in a poor attempt to make it look like a new construction.

"....all the charm of the period retained." I don't think so! :huh:

Edited by rps324

good lord - 407? i bet it will drop soon

there is a home in Bellaire (modest ranch-ish) that was updated and started out on HAR in the $450s i believe. 1350 square feet, too!

it just dropped right under $400k, which is getting more on par with teardown value.

in this Willow Meadows home, though, the kitchen would have been much more appealing (imo) without so much re-do.

hr1931890-6.jpg

countertops like these.

hr1931890-5.jpg

hr2008647-6.jpg

Sterile, generic and very 2007. How long will stainless and granite be with us, I wonder?

Of course, flips are almost always going to be aimed at the masses, not the niches, like fans of vintage decor. Most people will crinkle their noses at turquoise formica and think, "ewww....old" and most real estate agents don't even know what style the house anyway, probably calling it "contemporary" and wouldn't know how to point out any classic features.

• 2 weeks later...
Sterile, generic and very 2007. How long will stainless and granite be with us, I wonder?

I've wondered that myself. Will there come a time in the future when realtors will take their clients into a house, spot the granite countertops and say "of course these will need to be updated."

I've wondered that myself. Will there come a time in the future when realtors will take their clients into a house, spot the granite countertops and say "of course these will need to be updated."

I'm trying to think of what "upgrade" this hasn't happened to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Willow Meadows Home At 4427 Firestone Dr.
  • The title was changed to Home At 4427 Firestone Dr.