Banned Links on HAIF

57Tbird

In a recent post, I made a reference to a maps.live.com link to show a Houston building location. I got an error message that said I had used a link that was not allowed on HAIF, and my reply would not post. I removed the link and there was no further problem. I, and others, have used links to this site before with no problem. What is the criteria here for links? Has this topic been covered before?

Links from live.com aren't accepted in the forum software because they only work if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer. A lot of members use Macs, Linux, Firefox, etc., so it makes sense not to have links they can't see.

Oh. Thanks.

Links from live.com aren't accepted in the forum software because they only work if you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer. A lot of members use Macs, Linux, Firefox, etc., so it makes sense not to have links they can't see.

f.y.i.

i have never had a problem with live.com and i am running firefox 2.0.0.7

f.y.i.

i have never had a problem with live.com and i am running firefox 2.0.0.7

I added the live.com filter when people started posting links to Microsoft Maps, which only work on Windows machines. Maybe it's friendlier now, but at the time Microsoft's maps didn't work on Firefox on XP or 2000, either.

I added the live.com filter when people started posting links to Microsoft Maps, which only work on Windows machines. Maybe it's friendlier now, but at the time Microsoft's maps didn't work on Firefox on XP or 2000, either.

Bill Gate$ does not want people to use Firefox.

Vi$ta has hosed FF completely....pages do not load up right (most background images do not load for some reason). Vi$ta is garbage. It's time for a Mac...

Vista is a hog from what I here from Micheal Garfield and Leo Laporte. I will pass on this OS, plus my Sony VAIO VGN-FS980 Laptop says "Designed for Widows XP, Windows Vista Capable"

Vista is a hog from what I here from Micheal Garfield and Leo Laporte. I will pass on this OS, plus my Sony VAIO VGN-FS980 Laptop says "Designed for Widows XP, Windows Vista Capable"

Which is why it may not be a good idea to get Vista as an upgrade...

Vista is fine on new machines.

Other people agree with this here: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_5107076

" "I would say hold off and wait until you're ready to buy a new computer," said Brandon Hamilton, chief executive of the Rocky Mountain Tech Team, an information-technology company in Boulder. "It's a resource hog." "

The only old computers that I still have is the Apple IIe, I have two of them. I threw my last computer "Windows ME and a junky no brand CP with a XP OS system" away after I hit it with a 20lb. Sledge Hammer, there was not any of my personal photos on it so....SMASH!

The only old computers that I still have is the Apple IIe, I have two of them. I threw my last computer "Windows ME and a junky no brand CP with a XP OS system" away after I hit it with a 20lb. Sledge Hammer, there was not any of my personal photos on it so....SMASH!

You hated it that much?

You should have given it to some kids. Then they would have dissected the computer and re-assembled pieces of it into others like Frankenstein!

i played dr. frankenstein with my computer a few weeks back (with some help) and it turned out great.

i was all up and ready to go with Ubuntu instead of my old XP, but we couldn't reliably get two monitors to work correctly.

ended up having to switch back to XP.

anyone here use Fedora or the like?

I checked yesterday and Live.com now supports Firefox on Windows 2000.

I checked just now and Live.com now supports Safari.

So I'll remove the link filter. Thanks for bring this topic up. I wouldn't have bothered to check into it again on my own.

I'm glad the power of HAIF was able to force Microsoft to change its policies! :lol:

Hmmm, I like Vista and I am a Mac guy to the bone. My laptop (my new primary system) runs Vista and FF just fine.

It is amazing the array of responses an OS can have. A lot of it has to do with what the system is set up with. My laptop is pretty robust with 200gb of HD, 2gb of ram, 2ghz Core2. So I have zero problems.

I'd love some more ram.

Archived