Embassy Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown At 1515 Dallas St.

ricco67

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh, gorgeous day in Houston!

1-11.jpg

FYI, barely found out last week, but you can see the webcam at different times, by clicking on the time, which dropdowns to earlier times. And by clicking on the calendar viewing different days, as well as times....

I just found out, so if you already know, then yeah...

Ahhhh, gorgeous day in Houston!

1-11.jpg

FYI, barely found out last week, but you can see the webcam at different times, by clicking on the time, which dropdowns to earlier times. And by clicking on the calendar viewing different days, as well as times....

I just found out, so if you already know, then yeah...

Nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty small floor plates.

i thought the exact same thing but was waiting until it was more developed to make the comment. The rendering looks sweet, but i don't see how the asthetics of it will be accomplished in such a miniature looking frame. Any ideas? Also, like several of you, yes i am content with the development of the area, but am not so patiently waiting to see what those two parking lots to the west (top of pix.) will become. Maybe one commercial and one residential tower. Hopefully, both with a class/silver facade. Maybe even a hint of blue or green glass. i think if done right, it would tie in to that side of DT without overproducing the brownstone effect nor overdoing the glass/steel effect. Anyone know anything about what will be there?

m. B)

i thought the exact same thing but was waiting until it was more developed to make the comment. The rendering looks sweet, but i don't see how the asthetics of it will be accomplished in such a miniature looking frame. Any ideas? Also, like several of you, yes i am content with the development of the area, but am not so patiently waiting to see what those two parking lots to the west (top of pix.) will become. Maybe one commercial and one residential tower. Hopefully, both with a class/silver facade. Maybe even a hint of blue or green glass. i think if done right, it would tie in to that side of DT without overproducing the brownstone effect nor overdoing the glass/steel effect. Anyone know anything about what will be there?

m. cool.gif

Are the floor plates really that much smaller than One Park Place? They look about the same to me.

Are the floor plates really that much smaller than One Park Place? They look about the same to me.

Maybe......i hope so. Granted i am only going on the photos. Much to my disapointment my schedule didn't allow me to go DT when i was in H-town for the holidays. i wanted to go ice skating as well at DG. IF, the floor plates are about the same size, then, whew! i am relieved.

m. B)

Maybe......i hope so. Granted i am only going on the photos. Much to my disapointment my schedule didn't allow me to go DT when i was in H-town for the holidays. i wanted to go ice skating as well at DG. IF, the floor plates are about the same size, then, whew! i am relieved.

m. cool.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot that i walked off the dimensions the other day after the 5k. Not completely accurate, but it helps a little I guess.

84x37

One Park Place: Length (not including breezeway on north side): 84 steps

One Park Place: Width (not including garage): 37 steps

55x32

Embassy: Length 55 steps

Embassy: Width (entire structure) 47 steps, (room quarters only) 32 steps

Embassy is not really even a very tall building either, so I think it's gonna look like some of the old towers downtown has around, but newer of course.

These are steps from my 6'2" strides

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully those parking lots next to OPP and Four Seasons Hotel will have cranes as well in the coming future.

How did Downtown Houston end up with so many contiguous parking lots? How long has our city been around? I find it incredible that for so many decades these city blocks were not used for something either more esthetically pleasing or more profitable. Thank God we are slowly making our built environment more livable. With our track record it's nothing short of a miracle that Discovery Green and the surrounding areas have literally blossomed into something functional and beautiful.

Ya know, the floorplantes only look smallish because it seems that the first two levels or so in the rendering have higher ceilings (almost double height) than the rest of the floors. If you compare the size of the structural members to nearby vehicles, then the floorplates seem to be more reasonable in size.

Lookin' good though! I wonder when this will top out?