Embassy Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown At 1515 Dallas St.

ricco67

Went to HP for dinner tonight and swung by Discovery Tower, DG, and OPP to check out the area and saw a big ole blue crane set up for ES. It was a great feeling seeing the crane setup. I cant wait for the next surface lot nearby to have a crane.

Edited by kdog08

Went to HP for dinner tonight and swung by Discovery Tower, DG, and OPP to check out the area and saw a big ole blue crane set up for ES. It was a great feeling seeing the crane setup. I cant wait for the next surface lot nearby to have a crane.

Awesome! I'll be working overseas for a about a month and half starting next week... It's going to be awesome to come back to downtown with (hopefully) HP hoppin (lucky strike, mia bella, cork wine bar, 3 forks, etc... open!) and the DG area becoming very vibrant. Seems like it has taken HP 1 year to get going but it's going to be awesome coupled with discovery green and the surrounding developments...

Awesome! I'll be working overseas for a about a month and half starting next week... It's going to be awesome to come back to downtown with (hopefully) HP hoppin (lucky strike, mia bella, cork wine bar, 3 forks, etc... open!) and the DG area becoming very vibrant. Seems like it has taken HP 1 year to get going but it's going to be awesome coupled with discovery green and the surrounding developments...

Another hotel will bring tons more activity to the HP. Anyone who does not have a car and walk around!

Go Houston.

That webcam is awesome. Thanks so much for posting it. The image quality is amazing for a webcam and you can even see part of Disco Green! I just realized I can see a small portion of the crane in my recent skyline shot (the photo I posted in the Disco Tower thread). I'm looking forward to seeing this building rise.

I would like to see a new rendering, as the footprint of the building looks awfully small to me. But, I like that what appears to be the tower footprint is set back in the corner and there is a lot of space facing the park. I'm guessing they may put pool deck or something on a second floor that covers the area facing the park. Anyone know?

I would like to see a new rendering, as the footprint of the building looks awfully small to me. But, I like that what appears to be the tower footprint is set back in the corner and there is a lot of space facing the park. I'm guessing they may put pool deck or something on a second floor that covers the area facing the park. Anyone know?

Hopefully, it will be an outdoor patio kind of thing where one could lounge and sip sophisticated drinx ala Cedar Creak.

Any word on any concrete pours yet?

Concrete pour is going on as I type, at 2AM on Friday night. I happened to drive by the site on the way home tonight and noticed the armada of cement trucks.

I snapped some pictures as I drove by, but the construction cam provides the best view:

Embassy%20Suites%20Hotel%20CBD-20090926-020242.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Slow progress... but better than nothing.

Yeah, probably just taking their time because of the economy. No need to rush it, although i think construction costs are supposed to increase beginning second quarter of next year. That's some good news at least. (i am going by what Forbes Mag. says in their Sept. issue)

m. B)

Yeah, probably just taking their time because of the economy. No need to rush it, although i think construction costs are supposed to increase beginning second quarter of next year. That's some good news at least. (i am going by what Forbes Mag. says in their Sept. issue)

m. cool.gif

I would think they want to finish by March 2011 in time for the Final Four.