Embassy Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown At 1515 Dallas St.

ricco67

Block 251 is owned by the Pacifico estate and they are holding out for a crazy price. Probably will be the last good parcel to sell. I don't think Finger has a contract on another block unless its really new information.

I have no new information. I'm just quoting from the newspaper article that announced One Park Place. Was that bad information? Have I foolishly believed that the Chron got something right?

I did the best i could...I think this is where embassy suite will be..not sure.

discoverygreen2010xi4.jpg

Excellent job with the rendering considering what you had; i agree. i am pleased that FINALLY developers have latched on to the virtual mecca of possibilities that that part of DT offers. Not only is it going to alter Houston's skyline from that angle, BUT it will also add to the density seen from all angles. Bring on the cranes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shall we say it.............Houston is boomin' again.

m. B)

^^^^^^ :D I thought that would get some of you guys to fall off of your collective chairs!!!!!!!!!!

What's SO WRONG about saying the B word? :P I have never seen anyone so scared and scarred by the late 80's bust as you HAIFers. Maybe i am trying to invoke the construction, architectural Houston gods to SHOW US SOMETHING. Talk about cautious..........sheesh. Should we recompile a list of what's happening and will happen regarding Houston construction over the next 3 years? Would that sway you at all? Oh ye of little faith. ;)

The signs are there OR do you feel i am jinxing it just by saying it?

m. B)

^^^^^^ :D I thought that would get some of you guys to fall off of your collective chairs!!!!!!!!!!

What's SO WRONG about saying the B word? :P I have never seen anyone so scared and scarred by the late 80's bust as you HAIFers. Maybe i am trying to invoke the construction, architectural Houston gods to SHOW US SOMETHING. Talk about cautious..........sheesh. Should we recompile a list of what's happening and will happen regarding Houston construction over the next 3 years? Would that sway you at all? Oh ye of little faith. ;)

The signs are there OR do you feel i am jinxing it just by saying it?

m. B)

Tell me about it. Worrying about using the word "boom" certainly brought nothing to the city. Embrace that Houston is trying to step into the BOOM times of this decade. There. I said it. BOOM! BOOM! B-B-B-B-B-BOOM!!!!!

I never realized that saying Discovery Green and Central Park in the same sentence was such taboo, but o.k. That rendering in the Chron showing a patch of green surrounded by skyscrapers just made me think of it. It's not like I said something insane like Houston was getting the next Times Square or something.

I'll drop it, but I don't think I'll be the only one (especially when it's finished) to think of Central Park when they see photos or take a stroll thru DG.

Make's me happy that the wife and I threw in some decent money to this park (we will get a cool plaque or brick or something with our names). Just my little part to help.

^^^ I expect to come here tomorrow and find that DG is scrapped because of cost overruns and Embassy pulls out, along with Main Place, HP an they are even going to stop working on I 10! Tomorrows crude oil price will be 50 cents a barrell!

Thankfully the price of crude is only going to go up from this point out ;)

i have faith in Houston's vision. I do believe H-town was burned in the 80s. This, of course, took time to recover from. But even during the bust times, Houston still grew in size, population and jobs. New freeways were added, existing mass transit expanded and remote outskirts became part of the metropolitan urbanity.

Houston has also diversified in at least two major fields which promote growth......and more to our purposes here, highrise development. Houston's medical field and MC is arguably one of the best in the world. We already see the changes that area has experienced in the past decade. Houston has also diversified its major holdings. Yes, oil (petrolium and by products) are a major industry, but not the only one. Houston has vowed to become the energy capital of the US- and is jumping on the "green" energy train as well. The plans ExxonMobile, Shell and BP have for alternative energy sources is staggaring, and i KNOW Houston is going to benefit from that future trend. Add the fact that our civic leaders are pushing for more urban living inside the inner loop, ie. DT, UT and MT.

IMHO, that is spelling and can only spell one thing--------------------} more vertical living which means more highrises and skyscrapers. i do not see a slow down or collapse of the medical industry. I do not see a slow down or collapse of newer, cleaner, cheaper alternative fuel sources and marketing. And finally, regardless of our take on the war, Houston is going to profit from it. (i leave you to be the judge of that).

As far as booms go (i.e. Atlanta, NY, Chicago, LV and Miami) i think Houston is doing pretty good.

m. B)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...