Embassy Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown At 1515 Dallas St.

ricco67

This is really great news! I missed the article in the Chronicle this morning but heard about the project from a friend at a party earlier this evening. This, plus the already announced Omni, should help Houston compete for large conventions. I think the La Quinta near Minute Maid Park is a great idea too, as Downtown is in need of more hotel rooms that fall in that price category.

Now if only someone would resurrect the proposal to turn the old Texaco building into a hotel. I'd still like to see Marriott dust off their plans for a Renaissance Hotel in that location.

You did a damned good job considering what you had to work with. The only thing is that it's too far from the The Americas. It's actually a bit closer to it on that little odd piece of land. I don't know how the hotel would be oriented, but that might seem about right.

You did a damned good job considering what you had to work with. The only thing is that it's too far from the The Americas. It's actually a bit closer to it on that little odd piece of land. I don't know how the hotel would be oriented, but that might seem about right.

That's pretty much spot on, although I think 6 Houston Center is supposed to be behind the Fulbright Tower at this point. At least based on the article when it was mentioned a few weeks ago with a few of the other projects in that part of DT.

Is this (see article below) the same block that this thread is talking about? If so, looks like a nice hotel.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...iz/5156092.html

Park attracts a hotel tower

Developer plans a 22-story Embassy Suites downtown near Discovery Green, an area growing in popularity

By NANCY SARNOFF

Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

A local hotel developer is planning to build a 22-story Embassy Suites near the new downtown park, the latest project to be announced in this suddenly hot area.

American Liberty Hospitality expects to start construction on the 250-room full-service hotel by next summer after it receives final approval for its franchise from Hilton Hotels Corp. and secures financing. The opening is scheduled for the first quarter of 2010.

Nick Massad, president of American Liberty, said he has had preliminary discussions with public officials regarding a tax abatement for the estimated $50 million project, but won't discuss details until the negotiations are further along.

Located at 1515 Dallas at La Branch, the hotel would be near developments such as Discovery Green park, the One Park Place apartment building, the Houston Pavilions retail, office and entertainment complex and two proposed office towers. The George R. Brown Convention Center and Hilton Americas-Houston Hotel are also close by.

nancy.sarnoff@chron.com

Edited by Subdude
Copyright restrictions - the Chron gets antsy

6 Houston will not be on the Park. 6 Houston will be connected directly to 1 and 2 Houston via skywalk (well at least that is what Crescent said in the memo I received) which is a few blocks behind 5 Houston and Fulbright Tower. Currently I am in 5 Houston.

The only location I can see this happening is between San Jacinto/Caroline and Rusk/Walker, which is a Parking lot at the moment.

im not talking about discovery tower. if you look at the photoshop pic, it has Houston Pavilions, Embassy Suites, One Park Place, Discovery Green/Tower, Mainplace, and one other building that is in between HP, ES, and OPP. thats the building i was talking about and i just assumed it was 6HC. now that i know its not, then what is it?

im not talking about discovery tower. if you look at the photoshop pic, it has Houston Pavilions, Embassy Suites, One Park Place, Discovery Green/Tower, Mainplace, and one other building that is in between HP, ES, and OPP. thats the building i was talking about and i just assumed it was 6HC. now that i know its not, then what is it?

It's from an old model of a previous design and location for 6 Houston Center.

6 Houston will not be on the Park. 6 Houston will be connected directly to 1 and 2 Houston via skywalk (well at least that is what Crescent said in the memo I received) which is a few blocks behind 5 Houston and Fulbright Tower. Currently I am in 5 Houston.

The only location I can see this happening is between San Jacinto/Caroline and Rusk/Walker, which is a Parking lot at the moment.

I would think the block between the Four Seasons and the new Embassy Suites would be the logical location for 6 Houston Center (as shown in the rendering). It seems that block would be in demand now.

I would think the block between the Four Seasons and the new Embassy Suites would be the logical location for 6 Houston Center (as shown in the rendering). It seems that block would be in demand now.

Daniepwils is correct. The planned location for 6 HC is to the north of 1 HC. IIRC, the block you are speaking of (between the Four Seasons and the new Embassy Suites) is controlled by Marv Finger and he has plans for another residential building there following One Park Place.

Edited by Houston19514

.... the block you are speaking of (between the Four Seasons and the new Embassy Suites) is controlled by Marv Finger and he has plans for another residential building there following One Park Place.

REEEEEALLLLY now? Isn't that INTERESTING? This is the first I heard of a (potential) other project on that block.

I think this tiny bit of speculation deserves it's own topic post. :)

I just want TIMEFRAMES! GIMME TIMEFRAMES!

sorry, I'm hyper. Just found out A-Rod got offered a share of the cubs.

REEEEEALLLLY now? Isn't that INTERESTING? This is the first I heard of a (potential) other project on that block.

I think this tiny bit of speculation deserves it's own topic post. :)

I just want TIMEFRAMES! GIMME TIMEFRAMES!

sorry, I'm hyper. Just found out A-Rod got offered a share of the cubs.

Not speculation, really, and not worthy of its own topic post at this time. That's all there is to it. There is no more information. At the time the first articles came out about One Park Place, it was stated that "Finger is also under contract to acquire an adjacent parcel of land where a second tower could be built." The adjacent parcel pretty much has to be the block to the south of One Park Place.

This is definitely some good news. I used to work for Embassy Suites in Colorado Springs and it is definitely a nice hotel. I just hope that this park continues to attract new great projects like this. I think Houston will end up having quite a hopping little downtown here in the next upcoming years.

That is not correct, Finger doesn't have rights to the block east of the Four Seasons. That block (Block 251) is controlled by a very non-motivated seller probably won't be developed very soon.

I presume you are speaking of Golconda. Is 251 one of the blocks they own? You are right about their general lack of motivation to or interest in selling, but of course that does not make it impossible. They HAVE sold properties in the past.

But if it's not Block 251, which block would be the parcel of land adjacent to One Park Place on which Finger has a contract to purchase? (Perhaps I overstated slightly by saying he controlled the block... but if he has a contract to purchase it, he does in most respects control it.)

Edited by Houston19514

gettin smart here are we? ;)

You think they were drilling in preparation, since you don't think they were drilling for oil? Or maybe they were just drilling for grins?

Testing the soil would be my guess. I'm not an architect or engineer, but surely the contents of the soil must be determined before more definite plans can be drawn.

Do we have any engineers in the house?

Edited by bkjones98

Testing the soil would be my guess. I'm not an architect or engineer, but surely the contents of the soil must be determined before more definite plans can be drawn.

Do we have any engineers in the house?

can only speak from residential experience, but a soil test would most likely be the reason for any drilling right now.

I presume you are speaking of Golconda. Is 251 one of the blocks they own? You are right about their general lack of motivation to or interest in selling, but of course that does not make it impossible. They HAVE sold properties in the past.

But if it's not Block 251, which block would be the parcel of land adjacent to One Park Place on which Finger has a contract to purchase? (Perhaps I overstated slightly by saying he controlled the block... but if he has a contract to purchase it, he does in most respects control it.)

Block 251 is owned by the Pacifico estate and they are holding out for a crazy price. Probably will be the last good parcel to sell. I don't think Finger has a contract on another block unless its really new information.