Embassy Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown At 1515 Dallas St.

ricco67

Apologies, but all this has to be done via my iPhone. I would upload photos, but it is much easier to upload videos and then link to them.

How are you liking that iPhone 3GS?

Nice video upload.

Exciting things for HAIF with these instant updates.

How are you liking that iPhone 3GS?

Nice video upload.

Exciting things for HAIF with these instant updates.

The 3gs is fine. Other than the video, I can't tell a difference between this version and the previous version. It is still the best smart phone for web surfing. I just wish you could do simple things like upload photos.

No way will it be 360 feet tall, even with the roof/spire.

The floor count is just 19, down from the original 22. Hotels are also known for having shorter floor-to-floor heights as compared to condos and offices. I'm guessing it will come in around the 210 to 230 ft. range depending upon the final roof design.

No way will it be 360 feet tall, even with the roof/spire.

The floor count is just 19, down from the original 22. Hotels are also known for having shorter floor-to-floor heights as compared to condos and offices. I'm guessing it will come in around the 210 to 230 ft. range depending upon the final roof design.

The developer, American Liberty Hospitality, has the tower at 22 floors.

http://www.amliberty.com/Projects/tabid/74/Default.aspx

Edited by UpuPUp!

Your video update is awesome Random!

I always like seeing what is under the ground. All those piers make me wonder what used to be there. Anyone know? Also, in the pics and video there is a big concrete ball and a red or orange circular structure taht looks like a well or somehting. Anyone that has seen this up close know what it is?

I always like seeing what is under the ground. All those piers make me wonder what used to be there. Anyone know? Also, in the pics and video there is a big concrete ball and a red or orange circular structure taht looks like a well or somehting. Anyone that has seen this up close know what it is?

Remains of a space ship that landed there back in the 50's. From Mars, I think. Surely you've heard about that. ;-)

I recently took a walk down Labranch from Franklin to Pease and I must say in just the last two years has this side of Downtown has really grown. I like how it's filling up over there.

Edited by T 2 THA C

I was the one who took those pictures last week when I took my family to Discovery Green and I have no idea what those objects are. I took those pictures over the construction fence, so I did not see those items until I reviewed the pictures later. The next time I go down there I will try to see if I can talk to a worker about what those objects are. I go downtown twice a month and send my pictures to the skyscraperpage forum, so be on the lookout for more info there and here. My screen name is johnme there as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...