The Titan On Post Oak Blvd.

arcutech

If they're staying in place McDonalds is going to have to build a parking garage for their patrons. Have you been over there during lunch hour? :blink:

I can't wait to see a site plan for the new tower and mcdonald's...it's driving me nuts trying to understand how they'll fit both on such a tiny plot of land...I would suggest just moving the mcdonalds over to the post oak and west loop intersection...but I'm sure all those business-folk from across the street wouldn't want to walk and extra block to get their imported beef :P

OK, now i'm totally tripping on this advertising. It's all over the place! Note the greek-ish statue to left, staring into the penthouses. (see, those Titans!). The copy, good lord. What exactly is 'aspiring' to be green? Can condos have aspirations? And the 'competition over ' line (the Titans lost, BTW, mythologically speaking).

The overall feel of the art makes me think cheesy mid-century book jacket art. Maybe for an Ayn Rand novel! 'Magnificient Obsession'. ick.

Like the building, though.

The copy, good lord. What exactly is 'aspiring' to be green? Can condos have aspirations?

Haha, yeah, the "aspiring to be green" bit screams to me: "This project couldn't hope to qualify for LEED certification, but we're going to ascribe the word 'green' to it because our clientele is of the sort that doesn't really care about the environment all that much, if at all, but would really respond positively to suggested self delusion."

Edited by TheNiche

re: that list of phrases

there was no preface, just.. here are some poorly-worded, random facts

on the boulevard? what does that even mean.. that its on a street? isnt every building? that its in the middle of everything? most would assume a trendy highrise doesnt go in the burbs.

competition over? why didnt they just put 'i am legend'

This ad lends me to believe it wasn't created by a Houston Ad Firm. Most people in Houston, rich or poor, call Post Oak BLVD plain ol' Post Oak. You say "on Post Oak" to a Houstonian and they know the area you are talkining about. Post Oak is already swank yet this ad seems to want to add more flare to a street that needs no additional identity.

You say Boulevard, most think River Oaks.

I think, in Houston, boulevard is a misnomer. Yes, multi-lane arterial thoroughfares are common here, but having "roads" along each side doesn't happen except on the freeways. Oh, well, the Titan is going up on The Boulevard (such as it is). I like the building and think it will look great on The Boulevard. B)

Definition by Wikipedia: In this case, as a type of road, a boulevard (often abbreviated Blvd) is usually a wide, multi-lane arterial thoroughfare, divided with a median down the center, and "roads" along each side designed as slow travel and parking lanes and for bicycle and pedestrian usage, often with an above-average quality of landscaping and scenery. The division into peripheral roads for local use and a central main thoroughfare for regional traffic is a principal feature of the boulevard.

This ad lends me to believe it wasn't created by a Houston Ad Firm. Most people in Houston, rich or poor, call Post Oak BLVD plain ol' Post Oak. You say "on Post Oak" to a Houstonian and they know the area you are talkining about. Post Oak is already swank yet this ad seems to want to add more flare to a street that needs no additional identity.

You say Boulevard, most think River Oaks.

Well put.

/my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The sales office is open (been open for a few days) - the trailer has been remodeled and they have a model of the building close to the street. Very nice temporary sales center and placement of the model when driving by, btw.

The sales office is open (been open for a few days) - the trailer has been remodeled and they have a model of the building close to the street. Very nice temporary sales center and placement of the model when driving by, btw.

yeah, i just drove by it a little while ago... very big model sitting inside that is quite visible from the street. things are really heating up in uptown between this, cosmo, BLVD, river oaks district, and turnberry.