The Titan On Post Oak Blvd.

arcutech

Hines is the only local firm that has the potential to simultaneuously change the course of local development while garnering the attention of other more interesting property developers.

I think you are overlooking Hanover. If you look at what they did with lofts at post oak and seven riverway, and what they are planning on doing at boulevard place, they are taking apartments to a new level of quality. Only finger is doing something similar, but they don't have the national presence that hanover does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the design. In general, I love ornaments on the tops of buildings. Houston could use a few more spires, so this is a pretty fresh design for our town. I almost wish it were taller, though, to really highlight the spire on top. I wish this were the rendering for Hanover's 55 story tower at BLVD Place instead of this 25-30 story tower.

Fantastic design

Houston could use a few more spires, so this is a pretty fresh design for our town.

But spires on buildings in Houston would mean we are trying to be like someone else and Houston should focus on being itself. :rolleyes:

Anyway, love the design of this one. It really is a refreshing design for the city. I hope the actual building stays true to the rendering.

But spires on buildings in Houston would mean we are trying to be like someone else and Houston should focus on being itself. :rolleyes:

Anyway, love the design of this one. It really is a refreshing design for the city. I hope the actual building stays true to the rendering.

Actually, this is a fairly unique spire. The ones that folks (myself included) criticize are those that are just done to look like something else that is somewhere else. Spires can also easily be overdone, an example being downtown Atlanta.

• 2 weeks later...
I just recieved this from their "First Choice" mailing service...

TITAN.jpg

dangit, for some reason pictures lately aren't showing up for me. I guess it's my workplaces settings?

Any way we could get this put up as an attachment as well? If not, I'll just look at it at home.

This building is gorgeous! But as a marketing hack I have to giggle at that mailer "live like a Titan". Do they mean like a giant other-worldly god? "Hey, this is Cronus, kickin' it in my penthouse, you should see the spire we have!" Things ended rather badly for the titans, as I recall.

Edited by crunchtastic

Does anybody notice the similarity between this building and the new Turnberry tower? Specifically the corner balconies and the "glass square" near the top? It may be a case that the Titan is trying to beat Turnberry to market. Plus....the Titan added that spire on top which I think makes it a more attractive building than Turnberry. I'm very impressed by the look of the last two Randall Davis properties (Cosmopolitan and now Titan)

This building is gorgeous! But as a marketing hack I have to giggle at that mailer "live like a Titan". Do they mean like a giant other-worldly god? "Hey, this is Cronus, kickin' it in my penthouse, you should see the spire we have!" Things ended rather badly for the titans, as I recall.

Hahaha!

Hahaha!

As sense of literary history humor. I love it.

Anyway, although similar in appearance, i like that finally, FINALLY, we have a couple of highrises which won't fit into the cookie-cutter mold. As said before, this is going to be a bold statement (along with Turnberry) on UT's skyline.

Keep em coming. I just hope our housing market doesn't bust like most of the country is doing.

m. B)

• 2 weeks later...
I like it. It has kind of an art-deco/mod thing going. The Jetsons would be pleased.

I agree. It reminds me of Capitol Records in Hollywood. With that said, I would love to see this one on one of the commercial streets in the Montrose. Montrose needs an icon residential tower like this one that you can see from all over the neighborhood.