Suggestions - Refurbish/Refinish Front Door

Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations regarding a person to hire to refurbish/refinish a wooden front door? Many Midtowners who own Perry Homes have similair wooden front doors, that after years of weathering by rain and sun damage, start to show age. Would love to know someone who could come do a good job refinishing mine.

Thanks!!

Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations regarding a person to hire to refurbish/refinish a wooden front door? Many Midtowners who own Perry Homes have similair wooden front doors, that after years of weathering by rain and sun damage, start to show age. Would love to know someone who could come do a good job refinishing mine.

Thanks!!

just hire someone

Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations regarding a person to hire to refurbish/refinish a wooden front door? Many Midtowners who own Perry Homes have similair wooden front doors, that after years of weathering by rain and sun damage, start to show age. Would love to know someone who could come do a good job refinishing mine.Thanks!!
Rudy's Quality Painting. Not the cheapest but they do great work.
Rudy's Quality Painting. Not the cheapest but they do great work.
Rudy's 281-227-6100.

Keep in mind that a wood door need to be varnished every 6 months or so if you want it to last awhile (and even more often if it's fully exposed to the elements). I've neglected to keep mine varnished regularly, but it still looks okay since it's set back and rarely gets wet from the rain.

Keep in mind that a wood door need to be varnished every 6 months or so if you want it to last awhile (and even more often if it's fully exposed to the elements). I've neglected to keep mine varnished regularly, but it still looks okay since it's set back and rarely gets wet from the rain.

6 months? Holy crap. You might want to consider some marine varnish which will hopefully weather better than what you're currently using.

Thanks!!

I don't know how much time you have available,but it's really easy to refinish a door. If you don't own one,you can rent electric sanders.I have refinished alot of doors.It really doesn't take that long to do so.

6 months? Holy crap. You might want to consider some marine varnish which will hopefully weather better than what you're currently using.

I agree completely.He/she is probably using a really cheap varnish,or not applying enough coats. I do not know what type of wood he is referring to. Some woods are much more porous than others Sealers have worked very well for me.After sanding the door down,you can apply a sealer.Then once you refinish the door,you can apply sealer again.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!!

I can recommend "Door Works" , William Christopher. He refinished an entry door for me with

side lights. William did an excellent job , I was very happy with the results. If you wish to

contact him, his number is: 832-875-3213

Hope this helps

Janey

Hey, sorry. It's not something I claim to know much about; it's just the builder's home guide recommended to varnish the front door every 6 months. I've only actually done it once in the 4 years since I bought the house and it seems to be holding up okay.

I've seen some, though, that are more exposed to the elements and are in much worse shape.

Archived